How is the scooter "culture" in your area?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: How is the scooter "culture" in your area?

Post by you you »

Box of frogs :)
jkhawaii
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jkhawaii »

:| ..... 80% of what I see on the road are poor, poor neglected mopeds that the owner does not really care about what it looks like (or what they look like, had some heavy dude with shorts and no shirt pull up next to me at a stop light on a little moped) and likely does no maintenance. Than there are the souped up 2 stroke mopeds that one might see passing you on the freeway o_O . Once in a while one will see a Scooter from one of the big names (honda,yamaha,piaggio,vespa ect) other than my PCX I have seen 2 Piaggio MP3's in the area.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

pcxjojo wrote:I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area of Texas. ... I see virtually NO scooters in our area. Lots of motorcycles though.
Depends on what area of the Metroplex you travel in, I guess. Not many scooters in the suburbs but I saw gaggles of them in downtown Dallas a few weeks ago, and several times before that during my infrequent trips downtown. Several scooter clubs in the area, too, including one near Keller.

Agree with your closing comment. It doesn't matter to me one whit whether there are a million scooters or only mine in the area. I ride what I ride and don't really care whether it's popular or not.

Peace on wheels,
Bash On!
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?