Finally got to ride.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Finally got to ride.

Post by katschamne »

After almost 2 months I finally got to ride my PCX other than the one time in the parking lot. Last week I went to the DMV and got my permit. It's been 4 weeks since I broke my foot and it seems to be healing well. My husband was putting forward controls on his bike and I was looking at the PCX and decided to go for it. I did get on the scooter with the ortho boot, but then decided against it. Since I haven't had a shoe/boot on since the accident I tried it on. Just like Cinderella it fit and with no pain whats so ever.

So at first I went down the alley and then I got to the end of the street and thought what the heck and decided to take it for a spin around the neighborhood. No pain in my foot so when the hubby had to test out his bike and get gas I tagged along. We ended up driving about 10 miles and getting dessert. Yesterday after I got off work we took a ride and ended up putting another 60 miles on it. Today I had to get gas. It's awesome to only have to spend $4.09 to fill up. I'm going to download an app to keep track of my mileage but since I didn't put all the miles on the scooter and I ran it for period of time without riding it I thought I would wait.

I'm still wearing the ortho boot any other time but it felt good to get it off and wear shoes the same heights. I have another 1 1/2 weeks to wear the ortho boot so I have to behave, because I don't want to re-injure my foot.

Although I don't know how anyone can ride without a helmet. I have a 3/4 with a face shield and I'm thinking about get a full face helmet. Not only windy but the bugs are gross.
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Finally got to ride.

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

Congrats ! I know you have been waiting for a long time. Im glad you finally got a chance to take it for a spin. :D
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

CONGRATS on finally getting to ride...I hope the healing process goes well and quickly....!!!!!..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

Shhh, we just won't tell my doctor. I'm sure she would not approve o_O. Surprising I've been testing the foot out with little or no pain. I still limp with regular boots on but I'm sure once I get more flexibility back that will go away.

I have been chomping at the bit to ride it. My husband said he would have ridden it even with the boot on.
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

katschamne wrote:Shhh, we just won't tell my doctor. I'm sure she would not approve o_O. Surprising I've been testing the foot out with little or no pain. I still limp with regular boots on but I'm sure once I get more flexibility back that will go away.

I have been chomping at the bit to ride it. My husband said he would have ridden it even with the boot on.
I would have taken it to dr appts. :lol:
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

Yay !!!!! was wondering when we would hear back from you, katschamne, saying you took your scoot for a spin. It's not any stress on your ankle just having it up on the scooter. Just wear those boots.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Excellent News. You have been a very good (and unbelievably patient) girl to sit out the past month, but there will hopefully still be some awesome scooting weather coming up.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Glad to hear that you are back in the saddle and that your foot seems to be healing nicely. Happy riding!
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

Thanks everyone. It really has been though. Yesterday we saw three scooters but countless motorcycles. My husband asked why I didn't wave at any of the motorcyclist and I told him since it was only my second day out on the scooter that I needed to concentrate on what I was doing since some of the speeds where upwards of 50-55 miles per hour at times. Plus I think they were giving the "wave" to the hubby not the wife on the scooter.

So the question is do you receive waves from bikers and do you wave?
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

katschamne wrote:So the question is do you receive waves from bikers and do you wave?
I love getting the wave from motorcyclists. I took my MSF course and conceivably could have gotten a motorcycle, but I knew I wanted a scooter to not have to worry about clutches and gears (and a smaller bike for my garage). I thought maybe scooter riders would be seen as second class citizens, but most groups or single riders I pass will wave or wave back if I initiate.

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle!
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

Good for you that you are back on the scoot! Best wishes for full and fast healing and LOTS of scooter riding! I'm a big believer that good mental attitude promotes faster healing... and I think you've found the right "prescription". 8) (Take two rides and post about it in the morning.)

Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s