My PCX is making me fat

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My PCX is making me fat

Post by Bash On! »

Hi all-

Have had the PCX for three weeks as of today. The scooter is great but since getting it I haven't ridden my bicycle to work. The pounds (on me) are already starting to accumulate.

Anyhow, the scooter is perfect for a commute on 45mph roads, easily reaching that speed with power to spare. Funny, it seems to have more (usable) power than my wife's old Honda Rebel 250. The seating position is remarkably like my old Road King and I don't mind the hump, which replicates the Harley saddle's feel. First fill-up netted 98.76 mpg (US).

Only mod so far is a BatteryTender (TM) lead from the battery to the underseat compartment. I can hook up a trickle battery charger or even a 10W solar panel I have, to keep the battery topped up. The lead is also a convenient way to tap battery power for accessories.

Speaking of accessories, a happy discovery is that a 22AH battery supply I use to power ham radios fits neatly under the seat with room to spare. That solves the problem of using a full-power ham radio for special event work that I do. No need to stress the PCX electrical system now.

Best regards,
Bash On!
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: My PCX is making me fat

Post by dustin91 »

I wish I could use the same excuse, but it's that I haven't exercised in a year that I've gained the pounds!

I'm getting a trickle charger as well, and my dealer is installing the leads for free. I've already given him quite a bit of business, so it's the least he could do!
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Yep, hard to get "Bicycle Motivated" with a PCX around..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

This was the day we bought the PCXes...

Notice that there are two folding bikes on the left. It was also the last time they saw any use. ;) Ride that scoot hard enough, and you will burn some calories. 8)

Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
gokidd
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gokidd »

"Honey, does this PCX make me look fat?" he asked.
NO WAY, Captain!
Besides, she's smitten with you for playing that fine Taylor guitar!!
Ride on, Captain, ride on!
Let us boogie ...
Honda PCX 150
Yamaha Majesty 400
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Back last May, the same week I purchased my PCX, Mr Brilliant (me) decided to have his road bicycle updated with new brakes, special on/off road tires, cables and a really nice water bottle. I wonder how those tires ride?