Red paint & hello from London

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

tildarama1
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Red paint & hello from London

Post by tildarama1 »

snake wrote:Reading your other thread - you and I did our CBT and got our PCXs on the exact same day. Hope yours is doing better than mine!
Oh, what a coincidence :)

Indeed, mine is only a little muddy. Sorry about your bad luck, that really sucks. I wonder what really happened and why so many people are such morons and don't even try to make amends :x
RJB41

Red Panels needed

Post by RJB41 »

Hi, new to PCX from a big bike - love it! Some kind young man decided to take me out on a roundabout, hence my brand new ref PCX travelled down the road on its side! As its new I want to replace the panels, any suggestions on where to go and prices?

Also should I be looking for anything more serious that may have occurred during its horizontal travels? All seems fine...

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
st3v4nt

Post by st3v4nt »

I managed to avoid minor scratch to happen in my pcx by cover the panel with clear/transparent sticker.
It takes a day, a sharp cutter, a bottle of soap and water solution, a heat gun / hair dryer,
and about 3-4 m sticker (cost about $20-25). Just make sure you wash your PCX
thoroughly and wax the panel before applying it.
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

snake wrote:Good point gn re: tax. Thanks very much Mel46 and uploader - exactly what I needed.

Rebrab I'm afraid I am attached to red, went to some lengths to get a good one as I wanted it to match my cage and my pedal bike, I must get a photo of the red line up some time. I've been obsessed with red vehicles since about age 2. I wouldn't mind changing the colour scheme though if someone gave me something unique like classic racing livery...

Or one of those mad chrome jobs from power by pcx, which look amazing but must be a bugger to keep clean.
Liking red must be like a disease. My PCX is red and the last few cars I've purchased have been red. I honestly have looked at other colors and end up back at red every time. I have been thinking of getting some fancy pin-striping done to the PCX to jazz it up a bit but the cost right now is holding me back. Good luck with your repairs, it really sucks to see that damage to your scoot. It's one thing to do it yourself but to have some other asshole do it is really annoying. Don't forget to send pictures after the repairs are done.