Large enough?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

slowlee
Year: 2022
Color: white

Large enough?

Post by slowlee »

Hi! I'm looking to buy a new 2022 pcx 160, I'm really excited about it but I have one question. I'm 6'3" with a 34 inseam. I've sat on it and was ok but maybe a little tight around the knees and handle bars. What is your thoughts.
theschuman
Color: White

Re: Large enough?

Post by theschuman »

I’m 6’2” with 32” inseam and 220lbs. I’m using the OEM seat. It’s not too bad, but I could use a little more legroom. I plan to get different seat or eliminate the “bump” at some point in the future. It’s pulling my 220lbs to about 65mph on the freeway.
ChibaPhil
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by ChibaPhil »

I'm a leggy 6'2" with prob. 34 inch+ inseam. Here in Japan the PCX was the only scooter that I sat on in the engine class that felt big enough to feel 'normal'. On most others, even larger scoots such as the Suzuki Burgman, the handlebars would banging against my knees at full handle lock. PCX feels good in comparison. I rotated the handlebars up somewhat (can't do it too far as the brake lever assemblies are fixed into the bar and can't be rotated) and that helped with upper body comfort. Won't ever be stretching out my legs on the stock seat, but I've been eyeing a custom seat from Thailand for a while now and might eventually try one. For example, this shop gives you the option to move the back rest hump rearward for taller riders when you order:

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT

Or there's this option that really tempts me, which raises the front and eliminates the hump entirely, so higher and nothing to stop you sitting further back.

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT ... LA004.html
slowlee
Color: white

Post by slowlee »

Thanks for the information. Do you know if bar risers could be used to add a few millimeters of space.
ChibaPhil

Post by ChibaPhil »

Regarding handlebars, they are mounted like a motorbike's bars, without any surrounding plastic and no built-on instrument cluster; I was able to rotate them myself and I'm a complete know-nothing mechanically when it comes to bikes. I've seen PCX bar-riser kits online--not sure if you have to do anything with cables etc. as well. Suspect there is enough slack that you can raise them a couple of cms without issue.

(Actually, just looked and here's a thread from this site: viewtopic.php?t=2153)

Plus you could replace the bars themselves with anything of suitable diameter, and no doubt there are tons of after-market PCX-specific options too.
A9ballkid
Year: 2021
Color: Pearl White

Post by A9ballkid »

ChibaPhil wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:58 am I'm a leggy 6'2" with prob. 34 inch+ inseam. Here in Japan the PCX was the only scooter that I sat on in the engine class that felt big enough to feel 'normal'. On most others, even larger scoots such as the Suzuki Burgman, the handlebars would banging against my knees at full handle lock. PCX feels good in comparison. I rotated the handlebars up somewhat (can't do it too far as the brake lever assemblies are fixed into the bar and can't be rotated) and that helped with upper body comfort. Won't ever be stretching out my legs on the stock seat, but I've been eyeing a custom seat from Thailand for a while now and might eventually try one. For example, this shop gives you the option to move the back rest hump rearward for taller riders when you order:

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT

Or there's this option that really tempts me, which raises the front and eliminates the hump entirely, so higher and nothing to stop you sitting further back.

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT ... LA004.html
Not sure if there could be a difference in other countries models or what not…but at least in the USA the 2021 PCX brake assembly is absolutely rotatable for customizing fit. I’ve rotated both the handlebars and the brake levers to get things “just right”.
ChibaPhil

Post by ChibaPhil »

A9ballkid wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:07 am Not sure if there could be a difference in other countries models or what not…but at least in the USA the 2021 PCX brake assembly is absolutely rotatable for customizing fit. I’ve rotated both the handlebars and the brake levers to get things “just right”.
Interesting, I have a Japanese 2019 PCX and when I asked the shop (here in Japan) if they could rotate the brake assemblies for me they told me they were fixed through a hole in the handlebars. Never checked myself, maybe I should..
ChibaPhil

Post by ChibaPhil »

ChibaPhil wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:34 pm
A9ballkid wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:07 am Not sure if there could be a difference in other countries models or what not…but at least in the USA the 2021 PCX brake assembly is absolutely rotatable for customizing fit. I’ve rotated both the handlebars and the brake levers to get things “just right”.
Interesting, I have a Japanese 2019 PCX and when I asked the shop (here in Japan) if they could rotate the brake assemblies for me they told me they were fixed through a hole in the handlebars. Never checked myself, maybe I should..
Checked again and realized I misspoke--I meant the switch assemblies, not brake assemblies. On my bike also the brake levers are independent and can be rotated. It's the switches that are stuck in place.