Steering headstock bearings

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

marval
Year: 2019
Color: Red

Steering headstock bearings

Post by marval »

I have a 2019 pcx 125 owned from new, used purely for leisure. Just taken it in for its 2 Yr service (5200miles) advised the headstock bearings are notchy. So it is now a bit over 2yrs old. 2020 service was done in July 20 a bit late due to covid lockdown, consequently 2021 service was pro rata. Asked the dealer to ask honda for a warranty claim due to covid delaying servicing. This has been rejected. I think I'm justified in pursuing this further?
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Steering headstock bearings

Post by iceman »

If it rides fine then forgot dealer services - just do it yourself, often just occasional oil change and coolant check.
Worry about the supposed notches when it goes for it's MOT - they should check and fail it for this.
You can raise the front of the bike a bit so the steering turns free end to end and see if it sticks anywhere.
One garage I'll never use again as they left my steering 4 degree's out (which got fixed for free at my usual place) said the bearings were shot - took it for it's MOT at my normal place, mentioned this and they said they were fine! (they do not rip people off even when mentioning supposed faults).