Is this normal? Removed oil filter screen and found a hole and part of the threads missing

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

romnation
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Is this normal? Removed oil filter screen and found a hole and part of the threads missing

Post by romnation »

Please see attached It looks like oil collects in here. If i put my hand in the hole there, its like a little cut-out. Not sure if this is normal.

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: Is this normal? Removed oil filter screen and found a hole and part of the threads missing

Post by springer1 »

It's been awhile since I removed my screen .... first 2 times there was nothing in it so don't bother anymore. So I don't recall if it looked like that .... BUT the photo seems logical since the oil needs to 1) feed into the little housing, 2) pass thru the screen and then 3) scavenge back to the engine after passing thru the screen. Isn't that machined radius where the screen's base sits as a seal ?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Is this normal? Removed oil filter screen and found a hole and part of the threads missing

Post by you you »

It’s fine.
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

Comes thru the hole you see, goes thru the screen and drains thru the bottom cut out... Its fine. lol
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator