Honda PCX 125 stops while riding. Elektric problem?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Roza
Year: 2012
Color: black

Honda PCX 125 stops while riding. Elektric problem?

Post by Roza »

Hello everybody,

My pcx 125 stops when i was riding.
He didnt want to start anymore.
By turning the contact:
Km counter turns from left to right.
Odometer background is orange, but no fuel or km info.

I already did replace the battery.

What can the problem be?
Ecu error?

Thank you for so far.
RuffStuff
Year: Na
Color: N.a.

Re: Honda PCX 125 stops while riding. Elektric problem?

Post by RuffStuff »

Check the battery terminals are tight, then check the earth strap, check any fuses are in properly, then work your way around the loom looking for any bare spits or breaks, check connectors

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

RuffStuff wrote:Check the battery terminals are tight, then check the earth strap, check any fuses are in properly, then work your way around the loom looking for any bare spits or breaks, check connectors

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Good advice... double check ground connections look at all connectors around computer for looseness , dirt etc for clues. Disconnect then reconnect all connectors.
brm2
Year: 2012
Color: white

Post by brm2 »

Damaged wire?!
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

I have had this issue once. It was the red emergency engine stop switch on the right handlebar. Flicked it back and forth a few times and it started again. Might not of been your issue, but it might help someone.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Doogee
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by Doogee »

Doogee here in Atlanta, Georgia USA.They are right about the kill switch. This is the neighbor's wife scoot the battery died on them years ago and he tried putting a new battery in there and it did not start again so it set in their garage. Now it's getting warmer here they want to ride.I noticed some mice that been chewing on the wires right by the fuse box. Well to check for further rodent damage I took all the Tupperware off.No other damage. I'm not that familiar with these but when you turn the key on the check engine light would not come on fuel pump would not run but had turn signals and Horn and brake lights. I researched the internet and found some people having intermittent starting problems. I tested the brake switch and the kickstand switch and they were okay.I think this is where the no start is coming from if your check engine light does not come on with key on. I jumped the switch and all is good. He ordered a new switch from partzilla.com number 3 5 1 3 0 - k wn-671 labeled as switch unit, engine stop for $11.09 haven't got the part yet but the picture looked right. Hope this helps.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Yes, common problem. WD-40 would have worked temporarily. The Kill switch gets water in it and then you have all sorts of weird problems.
As for the mice, yes, they like bikes. When I bought my PCX it didn't make it home before it started having light problems in the back. I took it apart once I got it inside and found a mouse nest made out of pretty colors...The rear wire covers. I took it back to the dealer and they had to replace the wiring harness section in the back, after removing the mouse nest. Mice weren't happy, but I was.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers