US Motorcycle shortage

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

US Motorcycle shortage

Post by honkerman »

This seemed like a "general" topic, so I'll put it here. I did a little journalistic work of sorts. If you want a brand new PCX in the US right now, you will be hard pressed to find one. There are no new bikes or scooters coming in. The YouTube video explores this a bit, and I get to do a horn test toward the end :D

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Re: US Motorcycle shortage

Post by big bear »

couldent hear volume not working at least it wasent for me
Scooter_Fever
Year: 2016
Color: Steel grey

Post by Scooter_Fever »

Glad I already have my PCX, she’s all I really need.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I wish Rod Serling was still amongst the living . . ..

He could have done "COVID-19 the Movie". Or, "Everything you wanted to know about chaos but were afraid to ask". o_O

Unreal times indeed.

I've noticed inventories are strange at motorcycle/scooter dealers in my area also. No PCX's that I can see anywhere either. :?

Have we entered a new era when the big bikes are no longer a big deal? Is price and utility becoming more important and glitz and power pricing itself out of the market? I can't speak for anyone else but IMHO the thought of spending over $15K for a motorcycle is "off the wall". Spending close to $40K is hard to find words to describe.

FWIW even Harley is having their problems but they have sort of been their own worst enemy. I actually contacted them one time about bringing back a new version of the "Topper" but never got a reply. I remember the days when there was a waiting list and you had to order a Harley after Willie G. and others reclaimed control of the company from AMF. They did a lot to restore health and vitality to the marque. But times change and markets change for a variety of reasons. Here's an interesting "take" on what's up with Harley these days. Perhaps under new leadership they can reposition themselves with a new product line to gain market share.