It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: It's Raining......

Post by WhiteNoise »

Well! That's FINALLY Over!!
Unbelievable Wind and Rain. Flooding and Damage nearby.
What have We Done to Deserve this?
Don't answer that! The list is too long, and that list will get us all in trouble as We discuss it.
Then why did you bring it up WN?
Because I'm
So
Over
It!
No riding
...that SUX! :x
(That's the brat in me coming out. Sorry)
Do you Feel better now WN? :roll:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Well! That's FINALLY Over!!
Unbelievable Wind and Rain. Flooding and Damage nearby.
What have We Done to Deserve this?
Yup it's over . . . the 3 day blues.

Lot's of sticks and small branches to pick up. I imagine a tree or two went down somewhere also. It was quite gusty on my side of the waves . . ..

More wind possibly next Thursday on the extended forecast. We shall see.

But in the mean time enjoy the full moon . . . the "Hunter's Moon" as it were. Time to board the crazy train!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: o_O o_O o_O

Ozzy back in '82. Wow man . . . can it be that long ago already? Long live rock. :D

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i saw black sabbath in 1977
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

i saw black sabbath in 1977
Wow . . . that must have been cool.

Speaking of cool it's been cooler here at nights lately and tonight we are expecting inches of rain with wind gusts approaching 50 MPH. Tomorrow will be mostly wind.

The clouds are already starting to close in. Quite breezy as well . . .. o_O
100_6302a.jpg
dinobird.jpg
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

its been raining here for 2 days but ive been in a 40 foot long bus wishing i was on one of my bikes but then if i keep working i can buy more bikes.I saw alot of the old groups back in the 70s i even saw journey before they had steve perry they were the back up band to the back up band. I cant remember who was the main group that night. Same with arosmith i saw them in 1973 they were the first group with spirt and mott the hoople
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Re: It's Raining.....

Post by WhiteNoise »

You're in the spirit of Halloween OldG. Me too! Hold up! Not yet!
I'm seeing Big Bird in yer second pic. Proper name requested please. A Prehistoric something. Seen last in Jurassic Park 1 or :roll: 2 or :roll: was it 3?

Weather? o_O
Made it through last nights nor'easter. A bit much. Lights kept flickering. I had my lantern ready set go! There was constant rain (flooding actually), no thunder, no lightning.
But, The WIND was like...like..."I'm Taking Yer Roof Off While Ya Sleep!"
Sleep? Uh, No! I was awake. Too noisy. Wanted to watch TV, but Testers were testing. Who are the "tester's" anywho? No TV.

Suns up, blinds open, crap seen lying about. Everybody owns everybody's else's stuff today. None of mine though. I prepped. WN had some overnight company in the garage ;) Not over. It's Still blowing hard out there.
I'll Play "Pick-up Sticks" tomorrow (flashback: Fun, simple game that was).

This taken of a storm that occurred last week. I know! When will it stop??
Took this above my roofline. Watched as it developed......creepy right? You Finish off the face - it gets creepy...er!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (183.07 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by CTPCX »

looks like a pterodactyl. Haven't seen those in the skies since the early 70s when different substances made you see better.
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Weather? o_O
Made it through last nights nor'easter. A bit much. Lights kept flickering. I had my lantern ready set go! There was constant rain (flooding actually), no thunder, no lightning.
But, The WIND was like...like..."I'm Taking Yer Roof Off While Ya Sleep!"
Yes WN - the wind was intense . . . worse over here towards eastern CT and the Cape. New London got 6 inches of rain. I heard the waves on Long Island Sound were over 10 . . . almost 12 ft. today. Epic!

Trees and branches down all over the place. Eversource had almost 40K outages and more from UI. Trees on houses, power lines, and vehicles too.

Here's some pics I took towards sunset tonight when the wind wasn't so intense. Took the Zuma 125 for out for some fresh air. :lol:
100_6306a.jpg
100_6310a.jpg
100_6311a.jpg
100_6318a.jpg
100_6320a.jpg
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

looks like a pterodactyl. Haven't seen those in the skies since the early 70s when different substances made you see better.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow, those are Beautiful sky shots OldG! We get the idea of what they'll be bringing us, and soon! :( They speak "Winter." Let's be ready. Dress in layers. (Try hard to) Stay warm. Ride closer to home and When the cold bites through it all...Go home! Yes, Head home :cry: It's usually our bitter cold phalanges that force us to quit the ride. Sometimes I feel like they could snap!
Nope, I Never installed heated grips. Never purchased heated gloves or attire. Never wired me up to the power. Duh, I deserve to get cold and F a s t!
Lowest temps for me 'n my ride, is 45. Nothing below that as of yet. Older I get, the sooner I get colder. Gosh, that sux.

Rain and wind last night.
Today it's windy, gusty (30mph), feels very cold, with sun and clouds. Some flurries about.
Tonight, clear, windy - freezing temps (mid to high 20's).
This freezing crap comes weeks too soon. Last year, I rode in November, late November!
I need to book an appt with Mother Nature :ugeek:
jrewillis
Year: 2019
Color: Red

Post by jrewillis »

Raining in the UK this week. Still commuting to work. Wear the right gear and heated gloves and you are good.

I wear a balaclava under my helmet to seal between my neck jacket and head. Works really well.

It's saving me £40 a month in fuel. I'll use the PCX until it's snowing!
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I'll use the PCX until it's snowing!
Jolly good as they say . . . keep your spirits up! :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Why YES it Is! Since 7am. Something different (said snarkily). It's 53 damp degrees w/rain and there's a 32% chance of snow as temp drops. Tonight to 26 degrees.
What an unexpected pleasure this is. Bliss
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Ice was already forming from the day's rain yesterday before the sun went down . . ..

As the temperatures quickly dropped in the afternoon and rain changed to snow it was nice to watch and thankfully none accumulated here.

Really really cold this morning. Too cold for November. Bizarre extremes of weather and windy again too.

And the seat height on the new 2020 PCX is .2 inch higher than the 2018's. Is it due to padding or the new frame configuration? Bigger tires? Relocation of the rear shocks? Inquiring minds need to know!

Maybe the seat height will shrink by .2 inch (returning it to 29.9 inches) on really cold days like this due to tire pressure reduction. Hence a good reason to check tire pressures often . . . especially when Seasons change.

I digress . . .. :lol:
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by riding@100mpg »

we have a little snow and cold weather, today was so windy no one wants to go outside
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Old Grinner wrote:Ice was already forming from the day's rain yesterday before the sun went down . . ..

As the temperatures quickly dropped in the afternoon and rain changed to snow it was nice to watch and thankfully none accumulated here.

Really really cold this morning. Too cold for November. Bizarre extremes of weather and windy again too.

And the seat height on the new 2020 PCX is .2 inch higher than the 2018's. Is it due to padding or the new frame configuration? Bigger tires? Relocation of the rear shocks? Inquiring minds need to know!

Maybe the seat height will shrink by .2 inch (returning it to 29.9 inches) on really cold days like this due to tire pressure reduction. Hence a good reason to check tire pressures often . . . especially when Seasons change.

I digress . . .. :lol:
Don'tcha have any big pictures?!

Squinting here....
Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Don'tcha have any big pictures?!

Squinting here....
Fish
Oh you mean like this?

It wasn't this bad yesterday but it is indeed on the way sooner or later. Just like taxes and currency devaluation. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DCP_1126a.jpg
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Beautiful but Noo....I'm Not going to look ^^ at that :cry: yet.

It's Sunday, It's Raining, Windy and the Finale draws near.
There are leaves that cling dearly till first snow, or beyond into the dead of winter.
I sit and watch them fly away leaving their mother behind,......till next spring. Sweet. Hurry now.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

A lot of rain here today . . .. Not one ride but better days are coming. :D

That said it's been somewhat windy as well quite often.

Am in the middle of a pause from the precipitation. Topped off the bird feeder.

More drops on the way but it should be all over in a few hours.

My cat is annoyed. He usually likes to sit there and soak up the sun. :roll: :lol:
100_6423a.jpg
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

I hate winter ...Its so grey / damp and dull in the Uk at this time of year :(
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/