Heidenau K66 4-Season Scooter Tire

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Heidenau K66 4-Season Scooter Tire

Post by davenowherejones »

I am going out for a Sunday morning ride to get groceries. I will probably go about 200 km. Some of it will be in the rain.

I might go to Lytton but what do I wear? How cold is it on Jackass Mountain?

I will try my lottery tickets at A&W first.

So I think I need 3 pair of long underwear with the shiny ones on the outside. Shiny on the inside is for hot weather.

Four shirts & a vest plus my imitation goretex covered by the mesh armoured jacket.

The snowmobile gloves and the rain AStar boots.

Too many decisions. Too hard to go pee later.

The earthquakes might have brought some rock down onto the roads. I got hit by a golf ball size rock a few years ago and it fractured my collarbone.

Danger! Where are the RCMP?

It is a long weekend and the RCMP like getting mega overtime for working today.

My will is posted on my bulletin board.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I ended up near Ashcroft. Lytton was nice so I continued and said to hell with fixing my truck today, who needs brakes anyway?

The final bit into Ashcroft got really cold. So cold that the Esso pump gave a bill for zero dollars, $0. I tried again and got some gas the second time.

I had a quick raisin bran muffin and a Monster Energy drink while I was wearing a Rockstar jersey.

I bought a lotto ticket and then headed downhill quickly before it started snowing.

Some of the rail over/under passes have Scottish names. The Evil Scotsman song kept running through my head. My biological great grandfathers were Enoch Dinnis & Samuel Stuart.

I bought drugs in Lytton (ASA) and headed south as quickly as I could.

The TransCanada Highway was empty, no one in front and no one behind. Cue the Twilight Zone music.

Eventually there was a RCMP car with a long string of cars behind it. No one wanted to pass. Wonder why?

Yes I am an Evil Scotsman.
Attachments
IMG_5436.jpeg
IMG_5436.jpeg (33.24 KiB) Viewed 377 times
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

You are not alone . . ..

There are crazy Irishmen as well. :lol:

But try to save some of that enthusiasm and zest for life to get the brakes fixed on your truck. :D

BTW you will never forget that sense of isolation on the TransCanada Highway. I had an experience once like that on a New Years Eve trip down I-95 long ago. Not a car or truck in sight and it lasted for a few miles . . . right at Midnight. All dark, not even a glow of distant headlights, not even any deer, it was indeed the "Twilight Zone". I never forgot it. The way the traffic is now it will never happen again. 8)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

It is quite common for the TransCanada to be empty. Our gas prices are too high for our wages.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Samuel Stewart & Enoch Dinnis Autocorrect keeps trying to change it.