Got PCX150 today was wrecked-need help

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Got PCX150 today was wrecked-need help

Post by gn2 »

memturbo wrote:According to my visual inspection and the diagram they are completely the same wires from the left to the right and are joined together in the harness .
Look again at the diagram.
The symbols used for each switch are not the same, looking just above the rear brake switch in the diagram there are two symbols, one on each wire.
These two symbols do not appear anywhere else on the chart.
Like I said the two switches are different, only the left (rear brake) one activates the starter.

"The electric starter will only work when the rear brake lever is squeezed and the sidestand is up."

source: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/61620 ... =79#manual
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Well that is a good news/bad news thing, but much leaning toward good news IMHO. unless it blew the ECM, but that is what fuses are supposed to protect against.

Knowing that holding the thought bordered on hopeless, I just went out and started the scoot using the right brake. indeed, it works just fine.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
memturbo
Year: 2013
Color: null

Post by memturbo »

new update weird, Ok I decided to check out why the fuel gauge was not working So I took the yellow/whit from the plug and grounded it.
The gauge flashed slower than before but still flashed I then hit the starter button and it turned over but again it blew a fuse
Now Im confused as to why it's blowing fuses???

Any incite appreciated
memturbo

Post by memturbo »

At long last SUCCESS it RUNS!!!

I was being a dingle the fuse was blowing because I had a 10 amp where the 30 goes

I must have a ground problem somewhere because when I disconnect the ground I jumped for the fuel sender it dies

BUUUT IT RUNS!!!!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Since the yellow/white wire goes to your display panel, pull the display panel plug and make sure it is not compromised. After that pull the plug to the fuel level sensor/fuel pump and check continuity. Something is sending a corrupt signal to the display.

I am glad to hear that it runs, but now you have to figure out why the fuel gauge is flashing. Make sure your wiring does not have a short that is bleeding the current from somewhere else. Use a good multi-meter and check each wire to and from the fuel sensor and pump. We know the pump works because the bike started, but if the gauge is still flashing then check the wires first. It is possible that the plug to the gauges just needs to be sprayed out with electronics cleaner of some sort.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
memturbo

Post by memturbo »

Anyone knows if the cluster is unplugged will the engine still start?
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

gn2 wrote:
memturbo wrote:According to my visual inspection and the diagram they are completely the same wires from the left to the right and are joined together in the harness .

Like I said the two switches are different, only the left (rear brake) one activates the starter.

"The electric starter will only work when the rear brake lever is squeezed and the sidestand is up."

source: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/61620 ... =79#manual
That's probably what they want you think, as it is safer to start the engine with the back brake applied, as it restricts any forward motion if the throttle is open a little. However, I can assure you, it starts just fine if you squeeze the right/front brake handle as well. I just tried it on mine (a 2013 like the OPs) and it started fine........
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Mine was a 2010 and only the left lever activated the starter.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

The front brake lever starting the bike may be a US or non EU variant - it's been mentioned before that it works, at least on '13 or so models. Not sure if the new ones do that, buy my '14 LED PCX only starts with the rear brake lever, as I believe has always been the case for UK / european(?) models.
memturbo

Post by memturbo »

I wanted to thank you all for the help and encouragement ,Although I don't know what the problem was or is

It is running Fantastic !!

I have a little noise in the rear where the clutch is only when idling and the wheel not spinning
The wheel spins freely and no noticeable bearing play so I don't think it's that .

Since I don't have any panels I have installed from my homemade scooter a Vetter Windjammer fairing on front

it has a windscreen,headlight,radio and some storage so thats good enough for me
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I can't begin to count how many times i have taken apart some non-working thing, found nothing apparently wrong, put it back together and... it started working. WTF? What the heck did I do? and of course, will it continue to work?

Glad you are on a positive train.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)