It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Re: It's Raining......

Post by relic »

Whitenoise if you feel a little nervous getting on stage and singing again give Melissa a call
perfect riding here sunny 75F
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Believe it or not relic, I'm not a fan of raspy voices, not pleasing to my ears. I can't imagine how one's vocal chords deal with that over time (they sound "strained" to me). But I will give those two this, they can certainly entertain - They get "into it!" 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Believe it or not relic, I'm not a fan of raspy voices, not pleasing to my ears. I can't imagine how one's vocal chords deal with that over time (they sound "strained" to me). But I will give those two this, they can certainly entertain - They get "into it!" 8)
I knew a girl once who had a beautiful voice. Then she started smoking, and 25 years later her voice is very raspy. Now she sounds like one of those old ladies from the wrong side of town that you see in the movies.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bad thunder/lightening storms tonight - like right now! New Jersey had a tornado pass through earlier. Damage done :(
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

ive had dry weather on my days off lateley zumas been parked the pcx and x max have been getting all the use
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Last night I took the Zuma around the waterfront at dusk to have a "look-see" at the approaching storm. They always look apocalyptic. The first drops were on the wind. o_O

I've already had to pick up some of the fallen tree debris this morning when I went out to feed the birds and put the bird baths back on their pedestals. If you have a glass bird bath I highly suggest you always put it on the ground when a bad storm is coming . . .. ;)

Winds weren't too bad but we got a significant amount of rain, thunder, and lightening.

The power only went out briefly. Had to reset some clocks . . ..

Going to mow the lawn later this afternoon. It won't be so dusty with the freshly dampened soil. :D

Oh . . . and yeah . . . I'll get some scooter time in also. :lol:

The weekend is supposed to be good. :D
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

The Admiral is a CoCoRaHS observer (https://www.cocorahs.org/). We got 1.96" of rain yesterday during two thunderstorms of maybe a half hour each. Definitely NOT a time to be scooting.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Sometimes our sky looks like it will bring down the anger of the gods on us, but instead it moves off to our north east toward "witchville" (Roswell).

I kind of named it that because of the high number of divorced, rich witches that live there. They move there after they take their ex-husbands to the cleaners in this county. I won't get into the details but in the county I live in, which is right next door to THAT county and town, guys can be cleaned out easily in a divorce and they really dont seem to have many options. Some of the laws on the books here actually counter the Constitution, but then this IS the South.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I kind of named it that because of the high number of divorced, rich witches that live there. They move there after they take their ex-husbands to the cleaners in this county. I won't get into the details but in the county I live in, which is right next door to THAT county and town, guys can be cleaned out easily in a divorce and they really dont seem to have many options. Some of the laws on the books here actually counter the Constitution, but then this IS the South.
When you're young love means never having to say you're sorry . . .. :roll: :D

When you're old and alone never having to say sorry is freedom to do what you want when you want without having to deal with a second opinion. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Dont forget the "honey-do" lists that never get shorter.

However, being alone can also lead to strange behavior because you have no one to keep you in check. We have several weird neighbors in our subdivision. Every one of them is single by way of either divorce or their partner died.

One of them continues to act like he did after his ex-wife took him to the cleaners 25 years ago...poor, can't afford a loaf of bread, sleeps in his living room, etc.

Several others like to collect "stuff"... like the kind that blocks the entrance and exit to their house. Their garage is so full of "stuff" that they can't open the garage door. Their cars/trucks are so full of "stuff" that they couldn't offer anyone a ride if they had to. One has a cat that continually gets lost in the "stuff" so they have to open their door to let enough light in for the poor creature to find it's way out. Yep, those type of people.

People find love in all sorts of ways...even if it means never having to say you're sorry . . .. to relatives and neighbors... :roll:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

it hasent rained much where i am but now the local township is taring and chiping the roads once they get packed down it will be ok but ive had to use the zuma more than i had planed gravel dosent seem to bother the zuma the pcx dosent like loose gravel
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Horror on the horizon . . ..

It will come like the "Blob".

The highway and urban flooding will have people reciting the mantra "Don't drown . . . Turn around". :roll:

First waves of lighter rain to test the perimeter.

Sun, heat, humidity and upper atmospheric conditions will quickly ripen the horrid brew of what's to come . . ..

Torrent wind and rain and downpours highlighted with the crashes of thunder and lightening will arrive as will the "Four Horsemen".

Tree limbs will crack. The echo of angels bowling will permeate "Long Island Sound".

Give it time . . . Give it time . . .. o_O

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Do not forget to mention that sudden silence just before the storm. It is like nature knows that it had better be prepared. Weird. No bird sounds. No squirrel sounds. The leaves sort of turn inward. You know it is going to be bad.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ok people of the forums, what's going on?
Never mind, don't tell me
Sounds like a truckload of Bad Company!

Is this a sign?
I woke early this morn by loud banging noises, (3:15 am). I flipped the covers and got up. Damn! Gave the blind a twirl 'n peered out. I saw Nada!! Moisture Was That Bad! Covered corner to corner.
"Look Through Any Window," my arse!
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Lucked out along the shore here . . ..

Inland they had thousands of power outages, tornado warnings, hail, and downpours exceeding 3 inches of rain. Saw actual photos of funnel clouds on TV . . . but they weren't sure if they actually touched the ground. Some may have been "rain wrapped". Manchester, Coventry, and Columbia got hit pretty hard. Trees down on buildings, roads, you get the picture.

I took a ride around the waterfront at dusk. I could see the lightening strikes on Long Island. Eerie looking sky across the water. :roll:
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

It's coming . . . soon . . . the clouds look ominous. The seagulls just sit and soak in the rays for now.

Glad I was able to get a few rides in today. :D
100_6253a.jpg
100_6255a.jpg
100_6256a.jpg
100_6264a.jpg
100_6267a.jpg
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

ive put 50 miles on the zuma in the last 2 weeks so it has rained a few times. Ive bought waterproof armoured riding gear im ready for rainey weather
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

.....yes it is. Raining that is. What more can I say 'bout that drippy weather? Ah but tamale will be drip free and 65 degrees. Reminder: Put liner in mesh jacket. No more perspiring (who uses that word anymore?) :oops: No more Sweating!! ah, That's better. :D

Beautiful photos OldG! Your Bike looks awesome standing there! Lovely day regardless of those clouds - I See blue skies up above, water, nature and,....and....
SeaGulls!! Lotsa Poopy SeaGulls. Lazy SeaGulls.
Sit and Stay SeaGulls. Thank God, blessed they didn't take off! :o

By the way, Hands across the water, I'll take that house. The big one. Let's All Party!!
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

steady rain here ill be out on the zuma with my rain gear on
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

steady rain here ill be out on the zuma with my rain gear on
We are in for some significant wind with rain over the next 3 days. Wednesday through Friday will not be premium riding weather . . . unless you enjoy that sort of thing. Then heavy humidity . . . over 80% predicted for Saturday. What the hey? :roll: