Royal Alloy Grand Tourer 150

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Royal Alloy Grand Tourer 150

Post by Old Grinner »

This caught my eye on the Genuine Scooter web site.

http://www.genuinescooters.com/grandtourer150.html

The Royal Alloy Grand Tourer 150 . . . or some may refer to it as the GT 150.

At first it sparked memories of the "Stella" and I had to read more about it.

Genuine doesn't actually manufacturer scooters or motorcycles but they import them from other manufacturers abroad and request that they be made to an agreed set of specifications and special badging etc. . .. They've done extensive business in the past with PGO (Taiwan) and LML (India). However business with LML which produced the "Stella" (similar to the old Vespa P200) was discontinued. LML and Vespa had quite a history . . ..

Here's a recent video of an unboxing at Cleveland Moto. And yes you can also get them in "White". :D

Priced in the sub $4K price range makes it another player in the 125/150 scooter market here and globally. 8)

If you were pondering about an actual review you need not wait any longer . . . done just a couple of weeks ago. Talk about "News"!!! :lol:

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Royal Alloy Grand Tourer 150

Post by Old Grinner »

Want more info?

Here you go. :D

The audio volume could use a little help but very informative. :geek:

Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Nice but I will never have another air cooled/carb bike , not after experiencing liquid cooling/fuel injection/ECU Tech....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Quick correction . . . the color offerings are "High Class Grey", "Ocean Blue", or "Ivory". No "White" offered.

Of the 3 colors I think "Ivory" would be my choice. It's almost "White". :D
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Nice but I will never have another air cooled/carb bike , not after experiencing liquid cooling/fuel injection/ECU Tech....
The first thing I would do is inspect the fuel line situation and install an in-line fuel shutoff valve before the carburetor if it doesn't already have a "petcock" that allows you to select on, off, or reserve. Gravity fed fuel systems can be a problem if the carburetor floats deteriorate or get contamination that causes them to stick and allow fuel to continue flowing. You don't want gas seeping into your cylinder or air box.

I'm not too familiar with the SYM motors but I've personally experienced carb float issues on a 49cc 2-stroke I had.

Using a fuel treatment like Startron helps reduce the possibility but better to be safe than sorry. A minimal investment in a shut off valve to insure no surprises goes a long way . . .. ;)
100_4356b.jpg
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

Jge64 wrote:Nice but I will never have another air cooled/carb bike , not after experiencing liquid cooling/fuel injection/ECU Tech....
I Have 3 a/c fuel injection scoots plus had a a Honda vision 110,all have been brilliant.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Other colors available depending upon what region of the globe you live. 8)