Right Front Panel Swap

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

MSHughes
Year: 2018
Color: Pearl Cool Whit

Right Front Panel Swap

Post by MSHughes »

First of all, I would like to say thank you to everybody who has contributed to the forum: I’ve owned a couple of PCXs and the information on here has been invaluable in terms of helping me maintain and enhance my scooters. Up until this point, I’ve never really needed to ask a specific question as I’ve always managed to find the info that I’ve needed....

So, having bought a new PCX last October, I decided to do my full UK Bike licence and the time has come for me to sell my scooter as I only use my bigger bikes now.

In order to maximise its sale-value, I am looking to swap its right front panel which is slightly damaged. I popped into town to collect some tickets, returned to the bike 15 minutes later and the panel was slightly cracked. The bike had not been dropped or moved and I’m pretty sure that somebody simply hit the thing because it was brand new....

The number for the part that needs replacing is 64501-k97-t00zv however I am having a bit of nightmare attempting to find a used version or cheaper non OEM version of it. The OEM replacement will cost £145 which seems a bit astronomical and I am wondering if there is a more cost effective way to sort this out...

Does anybody know where I might find a cheaper version? Also, could I use a part from an older model of the PCX? Mine is the latest version with the digital speedo and ABS brakes (2019 model, I believe....)

I would be grateful for any help or guidance.

I am London based and the bike has only done 600miles. It’s still under a warranty that has 18months left on it and two more services included in the service package that’s paid for and assigned to the bike. If anybody is actually interested in buying it, feel free to give me a shout.

Thank you
Mark2260
Year: 2019
Color: Blue

Re: Right Front Panel Swap

Post by Mark2260 »

If its a solid colour, take panel of use plastic welding or fiberglass matting on rear and repaint, check American and Thai sites for prices as Babbits shows the front right panel for the 150cc model is $12.90

https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oempart ... ront-cover

I know its a different colour but it might be cheaper importing the part as if that price is correct the import duties will be very low, you could import and repaint for half of the uk cost possibly. We get royally screwed here for parts.
YBR125 07, CG125 07, CBR300R 15, CB500F 66, current: Forza 300 19
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The problem is your location. If I remember correctly your bike has a different color code than much of the world. Find your color code and post it. We can try to help you find one in that color. Someone else on this forum had the same problem. I can not remember how his was resolved.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
accyuklad
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: black

Post by accyuklad »

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

That was a good find. It isn't often that one can find the exact piece in the exact color on ebay.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

By The way, though I don't want to hijack this thread it reminded me of something that happened to my right front panel recently, and it would be great if someone has a solution.

I have my wife's bike in the basement right now. I tore it down to work on some of the wiring that I added previously. This entails pulling the right front panel off as well as the headlight. As I was taking it apart I noticed some deep scratches in the paint, which means that I will either have to replace the panel or try to find a way to touch them up, which doesn't usually work very well.

Upon investigation I determined that these scratches are from my neighbor's cat that has been making itself at home under the protective cover I keep on the bike. Those cats have also scratched the paint on our car in multiple places.

This neighbor...known as the "dog & cat lady" has 11 cats and 7 dogs. Many of those cats run free. She leaves her car windows open so the outside cats can have a safe place to sleep. She has ruined multiple cars of hers, and then complains that she has to buy another car. (I think she is heading down the 'nut-case' road, but her son doesn't see it.) No one really wants to report her because she actually works at Animal Control as a volunteer. She takes home the hopeless cases that no one wants, after getting them fixed.

How do I deal with a person who thinks the distruction their cats cause is "cute", and all they can say is, " I'm sorry, but they are just doing what cats do." ??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel46 wrote:By The way, though I don't want to hijack this thread it reminded me of something that happened to my right front panel recently, and it would be great if someone has a solution.

I have my wife's bike in the basement right now. I tore it down to work on some of the wiring that I added previously. This entails pulling the right front panel off as well as the headlight. As I was taking it apart I noticed some deep scratches in the paint, which means that I will either have to replace the panel or try to find a way to touch them up, which doesn't usually work very well.

Upon investigation I determined that these scratches are from my neighbor's cat that has been making itself at home under the protective cover I keep on the bike. Those cats have also scratched the paint on our car in multiple places.

This neighbor...known as the "dog & cat lady" has 11 cats and 7 dogs. Many of those cats run free. She leaves her car windows open so the outside cats can have a safe place to sleep. She has ruined multiple cars of hers, and then complains that she has to buy another car. (I think she is heading down the 'nut-case' road, but her son doesn't see it.) No one really wants to report her because she actually works at Animal Control as a volunteer. She takes home the hopeless cases that no one wants, after getting them fixed.

How do I deal with a person who thinks the distruction their cats cause is "cute", and all they can say is, " I'm sorry, but they are just doing what cats do." ??
Present her with the bill for Honda panels? Call the city to check code violations. (a female relative ran a cat hostel in her back yard. A neighbor finally reported her for code violations - which probably saved my relative's marriage.)

Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well, I might be starting a neighborhood war, but others are also fed up with her pets as well.
We told her years ago that we would provide some inside pet gates that she could close when she goes out to her mail box, instead of letting all of her dogs run after her and run loose down the street. I even installed them. Does she use them?? Obviously not. The neighbors still have to help her round them up. Many of us just go inside now when this happens. She can round up her own dang pets!

As for the cats, I have just ordered Scat Mats.
https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-ScatMat- ... 174&sr=8-3

A little 9 volt charge on their paws should do the trick.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150