Newbi

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

starjak

Newbi

Post by starjak »

Hi guys, I am new here I thought maybe you could help me. I bought my wife a 2011 pcx white 125
I have been surfing the net to locate a service manual. I want to flush the brakes and I know they are linked.
The user manual says nothing about this.

I just don't want to take it to the stealership.

thanks
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Newbi

Post by you you »

Why do you want to 'flush' the brakes?
starjak

Post by starjak »

After 2 years brake fluid starts to retain moisture. If you let it go to long where the lid fits on the body of the master
cylinder that seam there will start to erode, this is the cause. My best friend is a 42 year Yamaha tech and we were
going to do it tomorrow but I don't have a Manuel. We probably don't need it but I wish I had a snippet of the bleed
points for the linked brakes.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

starjak wrote:After 2 years brake fluid starts to retain moisture. If you let it go to long where the lid fits on the body of the master
cylinder that seam there will start to erode, this is the cause. My best friend is a 42 year Yamaha tech and we were
going to do it tomorrow but I don't have a Manuel. We probably don't need it but I wish I had a snippet of the bleed
points for the linked brakes.
Brake fluid will absorbed water when it is exposed to it. In the braking system it is sealed. The need to change it is generally because of contamination by minute particles from the brake seals Is the brake soggy and/or the fluid has discoloured?

Any corrosion around the master cylinder lid is more likely from retained moisture after washing

I think it is likely that there will be a bleed nipple somewhere behind the fairing Are you using a vacuum bleeder?
starjak

Post by starjak »

I am using a vacuum bleeder, I have been around bikes all of my life and have seen master cylinders look perfect through
the inspection window, once flushed you can see the badness. I have seen brakes on sport bikes vapor lock from getting
so hot it boils the water, some people just remove the lid suck out the old fluid wipe it out and replace. It looks clean until
you pull it through. Even though this is a scooter and not a sport bike preventive maintenance is always good thing.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I'm more of a leave things alone if it's working sort of person

Just read through the manual, looks pretty simple especially if you have a vacuum bleeder

Upper brake nipple is for the brakes, lower for the cbs

To get to the cbs reservoir you go in from the front after removing the screen and the plastic panels

Unbolt the reservoir to access it to top it up

Take some pictures for a "how to"?

Happy fiddling
starjak

Post by starjak »

I shall Qed thanks, remember my buddy the yamaha tech? He insists we do this, I do know the bleeder he uses cost $150 bucks
and he does it all the time. The other reason is probably is because I have six bikes, he wants to do them all at the same time..
I know this is a PCX forum but check this out here is one of them enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cgniw06P8U
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

starjak wrote:I shall Qed thanks, remember my buddy the yamaha tech? He insists we do this, I do know the bleeder he uses cost $150 bucks
and he does it all the time. The other reason is probably is because I have six bikes, he wants to do them all at the same time..
I know this is a PCX forum but check this out here is one of them enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cgniw06P8U
Vacuum bleeders are fantastic. One of those "why didn't I buy one earlier" tools

Don't forget any hydraulic clutches if any of your bikes have them

V-maxs are good fun. I still wouldn't mind one of the old ones as long as it was a full fat one with vboost

What are your other bikes?
starjak

Post by starjak »

Old maxes are cool, I have an 06 honda gl1800 ,04 yamaha Xv1700 2011 pcx 125 06 yamaha vino 125 and a 1987 yamahopper QT 50.
The little qt 50 was found in the back of an RV my buddy bought behind a curtain strapped to the wall, he sold it to me for a hundred
bucks 2k miles, by the looks of it, it had been stored inside. I cleaned the fuel system and carb sealed the tank put in a 6 volt battery and plug it started on the first kick. I need to put it in a museum it is pristine and parts are a hard find.

But it was my girls first scooter before the pcx she wont part with it. I can tell you this though her pcx will flat put my vino
in the bushes it is an awesome scooter for sure. I am trying to get her to trade, she wont have nothing to do with it lol.

The old maxes referring to V-Boost, it had the temporary effect of a supercharger the old ones would accelerate to 6200 rpms
then two butterfly's would open in the connecting tubes between the cylinders, the piston on the aft stroke would pull the fuel
from two carburetors so it would accelerate from 6200 rpms to almost 9k by its self.

We later learned with some jetting, stage 7 air and a pipe putting the vboost on a switch would leave in on all the time
and run like a raped ape.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi starjak! Welcome to the forum(s) and congrats to your lady for having a Fast white :D If you're looking to "buy & own" a full shop manual there's one on the for sale board now. Not mine, but maybe make offer and see what happens? Good luck with flushing the brakes too 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Good to read that you made a deal. The Svc. Manual is like gold to me (aaa... :roll: .okay, silver).
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

starjak wrote:Hi guys, I am new here I thought maybe you could help me. I bought my wife a 2011 pcx white 125
I have been surfing the net to locate a service manual. I want to flush the brakes and I know they are linked.
The user manual says nothing about this.

I just don't want to take it to the stealership.

thanks
I have this manual from this supplier, great book! Go here: http://www.repairmanual.com/online/offi ... l-61kwn00/