Stadium Trucks... Awesome!

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Stadium Trucks... Awesome!

Post by homie »

Somewhere in between Baha racing and water ski jumping this sport is absolutely hypnotic to me. Toss a little sand on a tar track, add a couple ramps and you have a recipe for some hillbilly FUN! The suspension on these trucks are amazing but one little wobble and you're a blur of rolling, flipping, trash can full of confetti.... I LOVE IT

Has anyone been to one of these events yet? Dahm that looks like a lot of fun to watch... or better yet participate.

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: Stadium Trucks... Awesome!

Post by springer1 »

I haven't but looks like fun. I mainly follow dirt track modifieds, sportsman & sprint cars.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I did get to a "Monster Truck" indoor event one time.

Really impressive. . ..

The stock car oval track in my area used to offer motorcycle dirt track (flat track) racing years ago but the water table was too high and they kept having problems so they discontinued it.

Ever seen School Buses dice it out in a Demolition Derby? :o o_O :? :lol:
P1010020a.jpg
P1010061a.jpg
P1010107a.jpg
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

They even race school buses in a figure 8 event - what a hoot!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeah homie, you're in Florida! Welcome to, anything goes! 8) (well almost). Years back while driving to my brother's home in Lutz, a monster truck came up alongside me.
What the ____ is that? 8) and this: please, Don't feel free to run over me. They ARE Bigger in Person!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Yeah homie, you're in Florida! Welcome to, anything goes! 8)
No i'm back in Chicago again. I did spend some time furnishing the winter home a little. Put a new truck in the garage and got back to freezing weather. Sure was nice in Florida brother. Perfect riding weather right now unfortunately I haven't a bike down there yet. Not sure if I want to sell the Precious to one lucky person here in Chicagoland and buy the new model or try and truck her down. Love all my upgrades on the PCX and really haven't many miles on the 2015. Must make a decision this fall.

Anywho how does the new crib look? Needs some ceiling fans and still waiting lots of furniture on back order but I like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRY6pqliyRA&t=73s
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

No i'm back in Chicago again. I did spend some time furnishing the winter home a little. Put a new truck in the garage and got back to freezing weather. Sure was nice in Florida brother. Perfect riding weather right now unfortunately I haven't a bike down there yet. Not sure if I want to sell the Precious to one lucky person here in Chicagoland and buy the new model or try and truck her down. Love all my upgrades on the PCX and really haven't many miles on the 2015. Must make a decision this fall.

Anywho how does the new crib look? Needs some ceiling fans and still waiting lots of furniture on back order but I like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRY6pqliyRA&t=73s
Nice digs Homie!

A new castle in a new domain.

You'll be able to visit Daytona for "Bike Week" and the races whenever you want. 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Why oh why are you back in the windy city? It's mid February homie! The weather's been awful, and more coming. I know, life goes on in both places. Enjoy every moment wherever you are ;)

About the precious, take her to Florida. Plus you'll have Better chances of selling her from there - should you decide to :( I know, "Breaking up is Hard to Do."
Hmm, buying a newbie PCX tempting? I've tossed that around a bit too.
Selling and buying another bike is Fun to figure out. In FL, choices choices, bikes r everywhere! All kinds n flavors. And you can Customize yer heart out!
Re trucks: I dressed my Explorer and Ridgeline @ a truck shop in FL at a quarter of the cost they'd charge me here. Parts were readily available and since they customize daily there was less chance of screw ups. I spent a lot of Happy time with them as we added on everything. Best is...they listen to you and what you want, and how you want it! :P I imagine bike shops in FL will do the same/more.

You're new crib, very Nice! Such Exciting Times!! it seems to me that the build went quickly. Now you're moving forward and it Looks like "homie's home" :D And a good sized one at that! Open concept, Florida style. Guessing 1,500+ sq.ft.?
YES to adding ceiling fans! I had 6 of them and later wished I had another in my 3 car garage. I used a tall standing fan instead. No windows in my garage (didn't want any). I got the garage floor acid treated and painted before moving in. What a process that was, but so worth it! For me, that Painted floor, the Sliding Screens for each garage door, a well for water and a dryer vent built low to ground (Not venting out roof-top) were the Best Changes and add-ons I did. And I made "a lot" of changes (pages of them-builder loved me o_O ).
About the screen door sliders, I had Never heard of or seen screen doors on garages till I moved to Florida. Amazing. But wait...I didn't know about no-see-um bugs either! So out came the standard screening in those sliders and in went the smaller holed "no-see-um" screening. Not costly to changout.
homie, make sure to get the "no-see-um" screening if you add garage screen sliders OR the newer type "motorized roll up" screen doors. Afterwards I changed out all my window screens as well with the smaller holed "no-see-um" screening. Ace hardware folks and I were close friends ;)
Live more comfortably, Keep those unseen bugs from biting and from getting into everything (food too).

Sorry I'm late in sharing homie. Life for me got very complicated whilst your build grew. I had planned on helping you prior to and along the way. I'm here now. You can PM me or ask here if you have any questions. Moving. Building. Very Stressful. Also Exciting. Out of the darkness into the light a home now stands. What an accomplishment. Cheers brother!

But Wait. Not so Fast!
You flash a New Truck in our Faces then Shut the door? Uh no! That's Not How That Works :D You Know We want to Know More. We saw a White Pick-up. Toyota, Ford, Dodge, Chevy - c'mon bro wots it?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh, and big thanks for sharing a video. I await the next ;)
howard

Post by howard »

School bus and RV racing! Booyah!