PCX 150 v. Elite 110

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

PCX 150 v. Elite 110

Post by GatorGreg »

Hey all, ever since I traded in my PCX 150 for my VFR800 I've missed having a scooter to run errands on and blast around my subdivision on. So I finally decided to add a scooter to my garage to compliment my VFR. I thought about getting another PCX but I decided to get something a little different.

I picked up this mint condition 2010 Honda Elite 110 with only 914 miles on it (4 of them were from my test ride)! I thought some of you guys might like the video I made below in which I spend some time comparing and contrasting some of the features of the Elite with the PCX - let me know what you think.

My Elite was manufactured in 12/09 and the seller bought it new in July 2010 with 2 miles from Florida Motorsports in Naples, FL. The seller is a retired gentleman who usually lives up north and used the scooter only while staying in his gulf front condo in Naples to take his wife to restaurants, shopping, etc. Otherwise he kept it in the building’s underground garage attached to a trickle charger - this scooter has led the good life! LOL. It's been dealer maintained with all books and records and both keys - I got it for $1,200 which I think was an awesome deal - let me know if you agree. Only mod is the trickle charger attachment and the seller threw in the charger for free.

Here's a good review of the 2010 Elite 110 by MotorScooterGuide.net which has lots of specifications:
http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/ ... te110.html

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: PCX 150 v. Elite 110

Post by Old Grinner »

Congrats on your new (and like new) Honda Elite 110.

Since you've got your VFR for the longer rides I think you'll have absolutely no regrets taking that for jaunts around town or run errands. Excellent shape.

I think it was a fair deal. KBB excellent condition on a trade for that would be around $1000 and retail around $1600.

Plus it's got that rack already included to expand your storage options.

That said I think it's got more under seat storage than my new Zuma 125. But I had to pay extra for the rear carrier on mine. . .it didn't come standard as they did on the Elite 110's.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Old Grinner wrote:Congrats on your new (and like new) Honda Elite 110.

Since you've got your VFR for the longer rides I think you'll have absolutely no regrets taking that for jaunts around town or run errands. Excellent shape.

I think it was a fair deal. KBB excellent condition on a trade for that would be around $1000 and retail around $1600.

Plus it's got that rack already included to expand your storage options.

That said I think it's got more under seat storage than my new Zuma 125. But I had to pay extra for the rear carrier on mine. . .it didn't come standard as they did on the Elite 110's.
Thanks! Yeah I like the built in rack on the Elite. I've never had the opportunity to test a Zuma 125 - they look kind of similar to the Elite in that they have the flat floor / step through design. Here's a link to Yamaha's USA website for the Zuma:
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/scoot ... s/zuma-125

The Zuma has an MSRP of $3,399. I believe the Elite 110 had an MSRP of $2,999 back in 2010 - so not too far off. The wet weight of the Elite is 254, again very close to the Zuma's 262. I think your seat height is taller and I assume your engine has a bit more oomph with the extra 17 cc's of displacement. Plus you've got wider tires and a bigger wheel in the back along with discs front and back - the Elite only has a disc in front. I see it says the Zuma has an air cooled engine - does it tend to get hot if you're idling for a while?
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I see it says the Zuma has an air cooled engine - does it tend to get hot if you're idling for a while?
It's got a cooling fan so not too worry. Although, I do try to avoid slow moving traffic at all costs. :D

The Zuma 125 cooling fan draws air from the right side of the scooter which sends air over the engine. . .even at a stop. You can see the fan shroud in this pic. Note that there is a plug that can be removed on top of the fan which reveals an index mark to find TDC when rotating the engine by using a socket wrench extension through the fan cover.
image.jpeg
If I ever do decide to swap out the fan for a more efficient one DROW offers these. . ..

https://www.drowsports.com/drowsports-y ... fan-blade/

As far as oommpphhh it gets to 45 MPH responsibly, then 50, and after that it will get to 55+ but not with enthusiasm. With my weight and windy conditions it's able to get the job done. I seldom need to go over 45 MPH so it's all good. That said it lacks the pull and top end of the PCX 150 and I do miss the LED lights.

It seems at this point that my fuel economy is around 85 MPG.

I've just passed the 600 mile mark this week on it so today I plan to check and adjust the valves (if needed), replace then engine oil, and replace the final drive oil. I've got some Yamalube 10w-40 API SJ (or JASCO MA) but am going to use up 10w-40 Honda oil I previously purchased for the PCX before I traded it in. The specs for the Zuma 125 call out for SG (or higher) or MA or MB on the engine oil so I'm thinking the Pro Honda HP4M oil with the moly (JASCO MB) should be OK. . .if not better than needed. On the final drive it calls out for just 10w-30 API SE but the SE spec is ancient. The Pennzoil 10w-30 I have is API SN rated. . .more up-to-date. However, I'm going to use my leftover Pro Honda HP4M 10w-30 SJ (or MB) in the final drive. . .as I did in the PCX. I don't think it will hurt. :geek:

I'll post some pics in "other bikes" later on. It will be interesting to see how long it takes me. :D
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

Wow, that looks like a great little scooter! Congrats!!

I'm slightly familiar with the older Elites, but knew nothing about this single-year (US) model. Looking thru Honda's other models from that time, it looks like they made a smaller version of the SH-150. I like the step-thru/Euro styling and loads of storage, too.

What kind of fuel economy does it get?
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Eiron wrote:Wow, that looks like a great little scooter! Congrats!!

I'm slightly familiar with the older Elites, but knew nothing about this single-year (US) model. Looking thru Honda's other models from that time, it looks like they made a smaller version of the SH-150. I like the step-thru/Euro styling and loads of storage, too.

What kind of fuel economy does it get?
Thanks! I've only put a few miles on it myself but according to the review by JustGottaScoot:
During 80 miles of mixed riding (different riders, different roads and conditions) fuel economy was 91 miles per gallon. I consider that to be excellent. Honda advertises up to 107 MPG which I suppose would be possible under ideal conditions with a light rider and sticking to a 30 MPH top speed.
I skimmed through the individual owner reviews linked at the bottom of the MotorScooterGuide review and the owners reported their mpg as ranging between 88 and 110 mpg. With the way I ride I'll be happy if I get 90 mpg.
Denny
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: Black

Post by Denny »

Excellent deal! I came from a Honda elite 110 sold it for $1700 n bought a 2016 pcx for $2200. I just got my PCX in July so I’m not as used to it yet. But I’ve noticed that the elite being 40lbs lighter it was much easier to manhandle the scoot vs the pcx. The underseat storage is definitely larger. The stock elite tires are way better too that’s why I had to change my pcx to mcg tires.
For the pcx, the 4 extra horsepower is noticeably faster n more powerful (that’s why I moved up to it). I also prefer the looks of the pcx vs the elite.
Overall they’re both great scooters and you can’t go wrong with either of them.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Denny wrote:Excellent deal! I came from a Honda elite 110 sold it for $1700 n bought a 2016 pcx for $2200. I just got my PCX in July so I’m not as used to it yet. But I’ve noticed that the elite being 40lbs lighter it was much easier to manhandle the scoot vs the pcx. The underseat storage is definitely larger. The stock elite tires are way better too that’s why I had to change my pcx to mcg tires.
For the pcx, the 4 extra horsepower is noticeably faster n more powerful (that’s why I moved up to it). I also prefer the looks of the pcx vs the elite.
Thanks - how long did you own your Elite for? Is there a good forum for it? If I could only have one bike/scooter in the garage I think I would have chosen a PCX 150. The PCX is super versatile and I agree it looks great. But since I'm keeping my VFR I figure a slightly less capable scooter like the Elite might be a good compliment. It will be used for quick trips to the gym, burger joint, grocery store, etc - just a couple of miles on roads with speed limits between 25 and 45. So having the ability to hit 50 mph along with great storage and a flat floor should serve me well. I'll continue to use my VFR for commuting, high speed blasts and longer trips. Riding the Elite is a lot of fun though - it's SUPER light and maneuverable! I'm looking forward to taking it up to the gym later tonight and blasting around my subdivision at 50 mph to get there :D
Denny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Denny »

I bought my elite 1/27/18 w/700mi and sold it 9/8/18 w/2200mi. I added a windscreen so I basically broke even with the price. I think I only topped out w/o the windscreen at 50mph and 46mph w/windscreen. I loved the scoot, I just wanted to be able to go 60-65 mph.
I didn't really look for a forum for it, so I'm not sure if there's a dedicated one for it. Since it only came out in 2010, there's probably not that many here in USA. I believe it's still sold overseas. I think honda USA starts with the 50cc metropolitan and the ruckus, then the 150cc pcx. I don't think there's enough demand here. If it was up to me, I'd keep the two 50cc scoots, bring back the elite at 125cc, and bump up the pcx to 175-200cc!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GatorGreg wrote:
Denny wrote:Excellent deal! I came from a Honda elite 110 sold it for $1700 n bought a 2016 pcx for $2200. I just got my PCX in July so I’m not as used to it yet. But I’ve noticed that the elite being 40lbs lighter it was much easier to manhandle the scoot vs the pcx. The underseat storage is definitely larger. The stock elite tires are way better too that’s why I had to change my pcx to mcg tires.
Thanks - how long did you own your Elite for? Is there a good forum for it? If I could only have one bike/scooter in the garage I think I would have chosen a PCX 150. The PCX is super versatile and I agree it looks great. But since I'm keeping my VFR I figure a slightly less capable scooter like the Elite might be a good compliment. It will be used for quick trips to the gym, burger joint, grocery store, etc - just a couple of miles on roads with speed limits between 25 and 45. So having the ability to hit 50 mph along with great storage and a flat floor should serve me well. I'll continue to use my VFR for commuting, high speed blasts and longer trips. Riding the Elite is a lot of fun though - it's SUPER light and maneuverable! I'm looking forward to taking it up to the gym later tonight and blasting around my subdivision at 50 mph to get there :D

If you take your bike to the gym will it develop abs?
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

you you wrote:
GatorGreg wrote:

If you take your bike to the gym will it develop abs?
Yes! :D I took my Elite 110 to the gym and it devoured not just a 6 pack, but an entire 24 pack - LOL. I remember being able to put a 24 pack of Dasani water in my old PCX 150 but I had to break up the package to do it. The Elite 110 swallows the entire 24 pack in one piece with room to spare - amazing.
Attachments
IMG_4842.jpg
IMG_4842.jpg (70.29 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Here's a photo shoot I did at the gym - I still haven't had time to get to the tag office :D
Attachments
IMG_4827.JPG
IMG_4827.JPG (105.32 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
IMG_4826.JPG
IMG_4826.JPG (99.9 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
IMG_4828.JPG
IMG_4828.JPG (105.23 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
IMG_4829.JPG
IMG_4829.JPG (103.4 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
IMG_4831.JPG
IMG_4831.JPG (97.34 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
IMG_4832.JPG
IMG_4832.JPG (99.1 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
IMG_4834.JPG
IMG_4834.JPG (102.55 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
IMG_4835.JPG
IMG_4835.JPG (98.8 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
IMG_4837.JPG
IMG_4837.JPG (98 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
IMG_4839.JPG
IMG_4839.JPG (102.25 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

I found the vid I made where I stuffed a 24 pack of Dasani into my old PCX 150 :D

Both the PCX and Elite 110 can hold a LOT of water!
Attachments
IMG_4842.jpg
IMG_4842.jpg (70.29 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Heh, Congrats on the new Scooter! Itsa "Fun One" Greg! What'sir/her name?
I somehow knew you'd miss a "townie" bike. When you sold your PCX I thought....hmmm.
Twist n Go, how could you not miss that? The (U.S.) Elite has been a fav among scooterist's since what...the mid 1980's? No matter, it's all new to you and yer in love

The Bin
Let's talk about that 24 pak of H2O for a minnie. It's Dasani. Is it me or have those bottles turned to lopsided crap as of late (scuse me). Leaning, they barely stand.
Makes one wonder what Dasani Is Drinking :lol:

Keep Enjoying the Ride & be safe being crazy :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

WhiteNoise wrote:Heh, Congrats on the new Scooter! Itsa "Fun One" Greg! What'sir/her name?
I somehow knew you'd miss a "townie" bike. When you sold your PCX I thought....hmmm.
Twist n Go, how could you not miss that? The (U.S.) Elite has been a fav among scooterist's since what...the mid 1980's? No matter, it's all new to you and yer in love

The Bin
Let's talk about that 24 pak of H2O for a minnie. It's Dasani. Is it me or have those bottles turned to lopsided crap as of late (scuse me). Leaning, they barely stand.
Makes one wonder what Dasani Is Drinking :lol:

Keep Enjoying the Ride & be safe being crazy :D
LOL - I haven't named her (him?) yet - any ideas? Yes the Elite came out in the 1980's but what they called the "Elite" 110 in 2010 in the USA was actually just a Honda "Lead" from overseas, which has also been around since the 1980's and previously sold in the USA as the "Aero" from 1983-1985. Here's a quote from the Motor Scooter Guide that describes its somewhat complicated genealogy :D

"The new Elite seemed to be a replacement for the departed Elite 80 (1985 - 2007) although if you follow its family tree back it was actually a successor to the Aero 80 sold here from ’83 - ’85. Overseas the Aero 80 was sold as the Lead 80. The Aero 80 was dropped here after 1985 but elsewhere it continued to be updated. It moved to 90cc in the late 80’s and then it was redesigned in the 90’s and bumped to 100cc (and 4-stroke). The present generation is the Lead 110, which is what arrived as the 2010 Elite"

Apparently they still make the Lead for overseas markets and it has since been bumped to 125 cc as seen in this vid:

Here's a nice animated vid which shows the inner workings of my Elite (Lead) 110:

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

So I started reading the owner's manual and learned two things:
1) My Elite came with a "tool kit" - I found it hiding in the underseat storage but all it has is a screwdriver - LOL. I can't remember if my PCX came with a tool kit or not?
2) The Elite has a rear brake lock activated by a tiny little lever located near the rear brake lever - it's so small I never noticed it. I'm not sure what purpose it serves since the Elite only has a centerstand. I remember my PCX had a rear brake lock button located under the dash on the left side I think but I never really used it.
Attachments
IMG_4847.JPG
IMG_4847.JPG (71.89 KiB) Viewed 2940 times
IMG_4843.JPG
IMG_4843.JPG (55.41 KiB) Viewed 2940 times
IMG_4848.JPG
IMG_4848.JPG (86.02 KiB) Viewed 2940 times
Denny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Denny »

I didn't find an elite 110 forum, but I forgot about http://www.motorscooterguide.net/
That's were i did my research and decided to buy an elite. It's a very informative site about lots of scooters.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Denny wrote:I didn't find an elite 110 forum, but I forgot about http://www.motorscooterguide.net/
That's were i did my research and decided to buy an elite. It's a very informative site about lots of scooters.
I wasn't able to find one either. I sent a PM to MaddieDog last night asking if we could have a new subforum added called "Honda Elite 110 (Lead 110 / Lead 125)" so that we could have a designated place to talk about them here.

MotorScooterGuide is great. I put together a bunch of 2010 Honda Elite 110 Reviews while researching my purchase - I'll post them below in case anyone else is interested in learning more about them:

Just Gotta Scoot
Review of the Honda Elite 110
http://www.justgottascoot.com/elite110.htm

Motorcycle Daily
2010 Honda Elite 110: MD First Ride
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2009/08/ ... 0elite110/

Motor Scooter Guide
Honda Elite 110 (NHX110)
http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/ ... te110.html

Motorcyclist
2010 Honda Elite 110: Elite, Not Elitist
https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/revi ... -elite-110

Motorcycle.com
2010 Honda Elite 110: Reviews, Prices, and Specs
http://www.motorcycle.com/specs/honda/s ... e/110.html

Rider Magazine
2010 Honda Elite NHX110 Road Test
https://ridermagazine.com/2009/09/23/20 ... road-test/

Motorcycle USA
2010 Honda Elite Scooter First Ride
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2009/08/a ... irst-ride/

Motorcycle.com
2010 Honda Elite Review: A liquid-cooled scoot with a friendly sticker price
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ ... 88673.html

Cycle World
2010 Honda Elite 110
https://www.cycleworld.com/2010-honda-elite-110

RoadRUNNER
2010 Honda Elite 110
https://www.roadrunner.travel/magazine/ ... 0/page/78/

TopSpeed
Honda Elite 110
https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/mo ... 54267.html

Scootin' Fool
Honda Elite 110: A pleasant little puddle jumper
http://scootinfool.blogspot.com/2010/05 ... uddle.html

Moto-choice
Honda NHX 110i Lead (Elite) (2008-current): Absolute city scooter
http://www.moto-choice.com/en/Bike-Revi ... ooter.html
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

2) The Elite has a rear brake lock activated by a tiny little lever located near the rear brake lever - it's so small I never noticed it. I'm not sure what purpose it serves since the Elite only has a centerstand. I remember my PCX had a rear brake lock button located under the dash on the left side I think but I never really used it.
I actually did use the emergency brake (rear brake lock) on my PCX 150 when I had it. Only had to adjust it once. . ..

It was quite windy the other day and I was kind of wishing I had that feature on my Zuma 125 while I parked it. The Zuma does have both a side and center stand. :geek:
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Old Grinner wrote:
I actually did use the emergency brake (rear brake lock) on my PCX 150 when I had it. Only had to adjust it once. . ..

It was quite windy the other day and I was kind of wishing I had that feature on my Zuma 125 while I parked it. The Zuma does have both a side and center stand. :geek:
Looks like I can add a sidestand to the Elite if I want - apparently it's an option overseas so it already has holes in the frame for mounting a sidestand. So maybe that explains why it has a rear brake lock?

http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Forum/ ... php?t=1282