MiniMOTO World - Cub, Monkey, Grom

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

MiniMOTO World - Cub, Monkey, Grom

Post by WhiteNoise »

They're Coming! Anyone interested? Gotta be FUN! 8)

A Re-Born "Cub"
A Re-Born "Monkey"
And our "been here" sibling, "The Grom"

https://powersports.honda.com/street/minimoto.aspx
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (77.54 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (95.48 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (134.83 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (106.18 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (110.04 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Re: MiniMOTO World

Post by Cube »

I'm interested in both, can't make up my mind. I slightly prefer the looks of the Monkey, but the 17" wheels on the Cub are definitely peaking my interest. I fear for my PCX if I picked up either bike.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Grom- for people that don’t have a standard special affectation such as tattoos’ piercings etc etc
Monkey - cool in the day, trying far too hard now
Cub - now that is OK
Last edited by you you on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I’ve looked again. I want a cub.

Like a Vespa for straight people :lol:
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

I've spent many hours watching a couple Brits riding all over Canada and the US on a couple of bikes in the Cub family (I think they are C90s) with plans to ride all the way to the southern tip of South America. The places the Cub would go and the amount of abuse they withstood was amazing. If the new one is half as capable, it'll be a fantastic bike.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I saw someone riding a "baby motorcycle" like that 3rd picture a couple of days ago. They had it on the main road in a high traffic area and were easily keeping up with traffic. The only problem was the fact that it was so small that I couldn't see them most of the time. Even riding upright their head was below the main areas of the SUVs, so they were in danger of being run over or sideswiped. They look like they would be a lot of fun, but I would not ride them in heavily trafficked areas.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

They sure sold a lot of those Honda Super Cubs back in the day. Now that the Sym Symba 100 is discontinued I'm glad to see they are bringing it back. Don't think I'll be getting one but am looking forward to seeing the next version of the Forza on the dealer showroom if/when it shows up as a 2019. 8)
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

They've got it right with that Cub.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^ Coming soon to a store near you? Is it?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Yup. . .the Super Cub and the Grom are just plain fun.

Can't wait to see the new Forza when it hit's our shores though. Will definitely take a look at one at the local dealer when it's available. Hoping the ergonomics for both rider and passenger are good and comfortable for 6 footers and sub 300 pounders. Sounds like a crazy huge record setting hamburger grinder doesn't it?

The PCX is a keeper for me but as time rocks on I'm really thinking about parting with my Bandit 1200 and KLR. The KLR runs good but I have still have to chase down that charging system issue. It's a really tall saddle and frankly I don't see myself doing any "off road" anymore. The older you get the harder it is to heal from "get offs". I have to deal with reality. That said I may sell the MOPED also. It's a 2015 and also in great shape but at the end of the day I think a PCX and 300cc type scooter to carry a passenger would fill the bill.

The Vespa 300 Touring is also a possibility. Will give the XMax a look as well. But if Honda nails it with their new Forza it will be hard for me to say no to that one. At least with a 300cc machine you can do some exit to exit on the limited access highways and not feel like you are screaming in the wind to keep up with a Lexus. 8)
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

So the cub is approximately the same price as a PCX 150, 25 cc less displacement, no storage, no automatic transmission. I think they've got it priced wrong for the US. It should be Grom priced, then it would work, but to put it right up against the PCX is crazy....." cute" only goes so far.....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

What else we need is a scooter that is not only comfortable, economical, and will handle the load, but also turns into a hamburger at the end of the ride! :lol:

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Jge64 wrote:no automatic transmission
Look at the picture again.
Cubs have always had automatic transmission.
The thing which determines whether a transmission is manual or automatic is the presence or absence of a user controlled clutch.

People who want a Cub will not care what a PCX costs, if they can afford the Cub, that's what they will buy.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

And in America at $3600, there will be very few that buy it......millenials have no use for this......they compare specs....you know what I mean about the automatic transmission it's clutchless but you still shift it. Don't split hairs.....LOL
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Pistol660
Year: 2017 sh300i
Color: Red

Post by Pistol660 »

Monkey for me. I had a Chinese copy of a gorilla before which had a 125 and that was fun to ride but poor quality. A honda 125 monkey should be better
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Re: MiniMOTO World - Cub, Monkey, Grom

Post by WhiteNoise »

Folks are putting money down on a Cub now. I'm Wondering if I'll get to See,Touch,Sit on one :roll:
At this rate, Cubs will be out the showroom door the day after arrival. I Do see the attraction, I'm drawn tuit. It's tempting 8)

Jay Leno wants on it (I bet) wants!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Good point . . . they are going to be reintroduced in limited numbers. Get them while they're hot so to speak. :geek:

I see a lot of Groms in dealer's inventories. Only a year ago they were hard to get. . .now it seems they are more than abundant in supply. Maybe that is why Honda is taking a more metered approach to the Super Cub U.S. distribution.

The big wheels and 125cc engine will give both a bigger presence on the road than a 10 inch wheeled MOPED and more OOooommmppphhhh to keep up with traffic while getting outstanding fuel economy. :D

So tempting with the Cub. I'd have to unload one of my other rides though before I jumped onto that. It would be nice to have one just 'cause. A lot of the pictures are of the non U.S. model so I'm not sure if the carrier rack would come with it or be an accessory item.

It's enough to drive one crazy. . .. "To have or not to have. . .that is the question.". o_O
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
Jge64 wrote:no automatic transmission
Look at the picture again.
Cubs have always had automatic transmission.
The thing which determines whether a transmission is manual or automatic is the presence or absence of a user controlled clutch.

People who want a Cub will not care what a PCX costs, if they can afford the Cub, that's what they will buy.

No. It's semi automatic, or more correctly a clutchless gearbox. Not an automatic.
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by NADman »

Don't forget, the signal lights will have to conform to NA laws and will probably be an Ugly after thought (again).
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
Vaclav
Year: 2016
Color: Red, PCX 150

Post by Vaclav »

Cub is never die :)
Thanks!