Hot seat

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

fast1075
Year: 2013
Color: black

Hot seat

Post by fast1075 »

The last remaining gripe I have with my 2013 PCX-150 is that the seat gets hot. Did it with the stock seat, does it with both aftermarket seats.

Here is the scenario: Normally the seat is not hot.....but if I go a long distance and then sit at a traffic light, the seat gets hot, uncomfortably so. You can feel it get hot as you sit there.

Somehow, underneath the seat it is heating up. The engine is in perfect tune and condition, it is not running hot. Any ideas how to stop it? Otherwise, it is the best scooter ever.

If I can't solve it, I am going to have to get a different scooter.
The Fasterizer
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Hot seat

Post by you you »

Go for a different scooter and let us know how it goes.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Dude you live in Florida, there's a gasoline motor between your legs. Try riding a Harley sometime and whatever you think is hot now you will get some perspective :lol: We have been known to line the under side of the saddles with foil insulation found at any home improvement store and even put the insulation in our pant legs to ride high temperatures. Geeeez the reason I still own a scooter these days is for the dog days of summer.... count the flowers not the weeds homey.
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

A sheep skin is real comfy and allows for some air flow.
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
fast1075
Color: black

Post by fast1075 »

I rode a Buell XB12s for years. A 600cc air cooled head crammed into the frame under the front of the seat, and a tiny little fan to blow the hot air under the seat. In stop and go traffic I would pour water on myself to keep the twins from roasting. Loved the bike otherwise.

THAT is precisely why I moved on to a scooter. To keep the power plant as far away as possible. Never had a problem with my Elite 110. Next time I do a valve adjustment, I may add a ventilation fan to the storage box under the seat, or put some thermo-tec on it. Or maybe just sell it and build a big motor Ruckus. At least with a post seat it wont trap hot air.

I have had my eyes on a Reflex for some time. Would just need to mod and lower it a bit. But I am getting tired of fighting Tupperware too. I dunno.
The Fasterizer
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

MikeP has the right idea. Put a cover of some sort between you and the seat. Sheep skin is ideal but some of us cant afford them, so try some fake sheep skin. Anything will work as long as it is thick enough to insulate you from the heat. My wife use to strap a thick towel to the seat, folded. Note that it has to be strapped down so that it won't slide around during turns. We used two ROK straps.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00JVAJJNO/ ... B00SXJM1WA

https://smile.amazon.com/Okayda-Natural ... seat+cover
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers