zuma 125

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Re: zuma 125

Post by big bear »

more rain zuma is up to 485 miles now
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

No rain here today. It's about 85% humidity though. You sweat if you think too hard. . .. :lol:

I did get about 8 miles in on the Zuma today though. Nice ride to dry off. 8)
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

zuma weather again went for one ride so far today waiting for the rain to stop so i can go out again
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

zuma weather again went for one ride so far today waiting for the rain to stop so i can go out again
Hopefully good weather will come your way . . ..

It will be nice here for the next few days. Thunderstorms predicted for Thursday night.

I've noticed more bug splat on the windshield lately.

The dragon flies are out in force now too. Great insects. They eat a ton of mosquitoes and other bugs. Fun to watch them fly around . . .. They really zoom around. :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes I appreciate those great insects too. Bugs on drugs :lol: What about direction? Zing! This way. Zing, that-a-way! Anyway you want it. Zing, into You!!

Remembering early morning and late afternoon walks and rides in Florida, you'd swear those dragonflies (aka/damselflies/dining needles/darning needles) were bats (who are also beneficial and dine on Mosquitoes) Uh oh, competition. Really, I dont care Who eats them, just Doit! :lol:

But dragonflies down South are different. So friggin' BIG (Texas ain't got nuttin' on them) and when they flee-fly in numbers you best find a clear path.
PCX'ing 40mph and Splat! Right in the crease of my helmet where it meets my screen. Try raising your shield at a stop sign or traffic light to get air o_O Dang, what a moment, what a mess!

Okay, just sharing :D Fly on...
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Just checked the oil recently . . ..

The Zuma 125 will use oil. Not in a bad way. Just will use it.

I've got no leaks or visible emissions.

Definitely a good idea to keep an eye on the oil level every now and then and add some as needed. :geek:

All that said it's been as reliable as can be. :D
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

mines been good so far its up to 556 miles now im gonna change the oil when it hits 600 or before winter starts hopefully it wont snow much and ill be out riding i bought a pair of joe rocket heated gloves. I found some new dirt roads to ride im thinking of buying a camera i can download the pictures into the computer and post them here
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

up to 583 miles now was going down a gravel road today maybee 5 mph hit a 4 inch wide pointy rock bike went one way i went the other no injuries just a couple of scratches on the brush gaurd
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

up to 583 miles now was going down a gravel road today maybee 5 mph hit a 4 inch wide pointy rock bike went one way i went the other no injuries just a couple of scratches on the brush gaurd
Glad to hear you are OK. Brush guards are replaceable . . .. :D
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

went over 600 miles today changed the oil and the final drive oil. I found where the oil strainer is but the zuma owners manual says to clean the strainer but dosent tell you where its located. But i found it
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

went over 600 miles today changed the oil and the final drive oil. I found where the oil strainer is but the zuma owners manual says to clean the strainer but dosent tell you where its located. But i found it
Yup . . . know what you mean . . . it's underneath the engine. Look at page 7-11, or under "Periodic Maintenance and Adjustment" for your model year Zuma 125. It's possible your page may be different than mine due to the evolutionary change. Here's a pic of what mine looked like after I removed it. Cleaning and reinstalling was easy. In my owner's manual it was referred to as Drain Bolt "B".
100_5282a.jpg
And here's a vid done on the earlier model type like yours but I think they are all pretty much the same.

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

looks like zuma weather is moving in for sunday and monday in my area. Ive got my rain gear ready
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

looks like zuma weather is moving in for sunday and monday in my area. Ive got my rain gear ready
Windy here today and drying out from yesterday's rain . . ..

I think I'm going to do my second oil change on my Zuma this weekend. Just turned around 2,500 miles on it. The last 1,800 miles went quick just riding around town and local areas. Unbelievable. I do get a lot of use out of it. :D
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Old Grinner wrote:
Windy here today and drying out from yesterday's rain . . ..

I think I'm going to do my second oil change on my Zuma this weekend. Just turned around 2,500 miles on it. The last 1,800 miles went quick just riding around town and local areas. Unbelievable. I do get a lot of use out of it. :D
As Zombie used to say, "No Pix?---It didn't happen!"

Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

As Zombie used to say, "No Pix?---It didn't happen!"

Fish
Oil change pics? Sure . . . I'll post some over the weekend. Hoping there's little to no debris in the oil pump screen. As shown in the pic above on my first oil change there was just some snotty looking thing. . .maybe some gasket sealer that got lost in the system. The valves and performance seem fine right now. At around 4K I'll check the valves again unless something doesn't seem right in the interim. I'll probably put a new spark plug in it then too.

Other things to check now also. Air filters, brake system, tire pressures, etc . . .. Need to be "good to go" for the Winter. :o o_O :lol:
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Well, today I pulled the oil drain bolt for now. Am going to let it drip overnight. Tomorrow, I'll reinstall the drain bolt/washer and then pull the strainer bolt and clean the screen. Will also check the air filter sponge and tire pressures. The manual say's .90 U.S. Qt. 10w-40 on refill but in reality it's best to add a bit less, run the engine for a minute or two, and then check the level again and top off as necessary without overfilling. It's been running great.

I found out I'll have to get some sponge filter oil for the V-Belt compartment. When I pull that cover I want to have some on hand in case I need to clean the sponge filter. They say to use a "parts cleaning solvent" . . definitely not gasoline. I'll have to look more into that as I'm not sure if carb or brake cleaner will do or not. There are a lot of brands/types to choose from.

Here's some brief pics. The drain bolt washer is still good for another round.
100_6276a.jpg
100_6278a.jpg
The oil change reminder works well too!
100_6282a.jpg
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Finished up some things today . . ..

Removed and cleaned the oil pump strainer. Didn't notice any debris in it at all. Used some carb cleaner to brighten up the drain bolt.
100_6286ab.jpg
100_6288a.jpg
All ready to refill the oil. After running the engine for a minute and then rechecking I had to add just a small amount. All set.
100_6289a.jpg
I was amazed how clean the air filter still is. That said I wasn't running it off road all the time either or going through any heavy rain storms. I did remove the air box drain plug and another plug and they were clean and bone dry.
100_6292a.jpg
Other than that just added a little lithium grease to the side stand and recorded notes in the manual. :geek:

Time to take a ride . . .. 8)
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

up to 652 miles now mostly just a drizzle here
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

A closer look at the Zuma 125 air filter . . ..
100_6295a.jpg
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

put 50 miles on the 2015 zuma last 2 days ive got 1066 miles on it now alot of crappy weather here and its my crappy weather bike