Coolant change

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Coolant change

Post by outlander »

I've had my 2015 pcx for 2 years. The manual calls for it to be drained and refilled. I've only done 5500 miles, does it really need to be changed at this point?

Where do I drain it from? I am hesitant about removing all the plastics again.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Coolant change

Post by you you »

outlander wrote:I've had my 2015 pcx for 2 years. The manual calls for it to be drained and refilled. I've only done 5500 miles, does it really need to be changed at this point?
No.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

outlander wrote:I've had my 2015 pcx for 2 years. The manual calls for it to be drained and refilled. I've only done 5500 miles, does it really need to be changed at this point?

Actually you can per the SM at 5k interpret the 'I' inspection as fill or top off and the * foot note as 'replace' every 2 years. Honda talks out of both sides of the mouth sometimes but perhaps use your climate temperatures, anti-freeze tester as the deciding factor and go for it if you are bored. Personally I'm pushing this back to 10k before "draining" coolant completely. How often do you drain your car radiator completely during the course of ownership? Yep... never :D
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Yes.
The corrosion inhibitors in the coolant deteriorate over time regardless of distance travelled.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
Yes.
The corrosion inhibitors in the coolant deteriorate over time regardless of distance travelled.

Oh ffs.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:

Actually you can per the SM at 5k interpret the 'I' inspection as fill or top off and the * foot note as 'replace' every 2 years. Honda talks out of both sides of the mouth sometimes but perhaps use your climate temperatures, anti-freeze tester as the deciding factor and go for it if you are bored. Personally I'm pushing this back to 10k before "draining" coolant completely. How often do you drain your car radiator completely during the course of ownership? Yep... never :D

200k 12 years on my new car.

Hope it isn't magical coolant and special fairy water....

That isn't in our scooters.

Ffs