(B)Lizzard Warning on Long Island

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

(B)Lizzard Warning on Long Island

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise .... I saw this on my Twitter feed. What say you? o_O o_O o_O :lol: :lol:

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/phot ... 1.11354693
Lizzard Warning.jpg
Lizzard Warning.jpg (34.1 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
WN posts: "Updated" Lizzard Warning. I think I recognize him :D
Attachments
12573132_945806792141753_6062656814882968630_n.jpg
12573132_945806792141753_6062656814882968630_n.jpg (43.04 KiB) Viewed 2485 times
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: (B)Lizzard Warning on Long Island

Post by you you »

kramnala58 wrote:WhiteNoise .... I saw this on my Twitter feed. What say you? o_O o_O o_O :lol: :lol:

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/phot ... 1.11354693
Lizzard Warning.jpg

It's going to be too cold for lizards?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Kram! I didn't even see that on the evening news! Too funny :lol:
I know exactly where that is. It's Northern State Parkway and is more than likely shut down along with the many others. No one is getting anywhere, fast (as they say) today.

Saturday: At the moment we have approximately 7" with drifts up to my knee. Winds are gusting up to 50mph.
Weatherman's update: Expect a total of 24"! Snow to end bet 3-8am Sunday. Then Sun on Sun-day :D

Saturday: Plows have been running past my home since 6:30am. My drive is totally blocked with boulder's of snow. Those that shovel, know how hard it is to lift those heavy boulder's. I'll wait till things calm down. In the meantime, I'll seek out my back-a-line back support.
There is no rushing Mother Nature, She is still making her Statement!

:? Lizard's? We don't gots no damn lizard's! (except the petting kind that folks buy, tire of and release) :x Okay, on that note, let me rephrase that.
Lizard's? We do has some lost lizard's (now in a frozen state of being). Bad, bad owner's! :(
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Note: Yesterday, Friday before the storm, I checked truck tires. Down 3lbs (we all know the frigid temps do this to tires, don't we?) anywho, I topped them to proper psi. Then raised the hood to take a look. I found the windshield washer fluid level to the brim. It actually raised the plastic snap cover and spilled over. Not much, but just enough to need clean up. I grabbed a turkey baster (that used to suction gravy fat) and sucked some out (about 8ozs.) I put that fluid straight into an empty water bottle for disposal later. Everything else looked okay under the hood. My battery tender lead was still strapped in place with velcro, (just in case I ever need some juicing ;) (oh, I bought a new battery this past November at Walmart, so shouldn't require it, but.......one never knows).

Then off I went to fill up with petrol (prices lower! Yey! 89 octane @ $2.13.9 gallon). Folks were lined up at each pump waiting their turn. Storms do this :D Some had their spare gas cans to fill, and so did I. The rest of us sat hoping they'd have enough left for us.
My turn! Paid the lady, filled the truck, then the spare 2 1/2 gallon No-Spill jug....and off again. Now headed to the Auto store to buy some Seafoam. Bought a can and dumped all but 2ozs into the truck's fuel port. The 2 ozs went into the Fuel in the No-Spill jug. That's me scoots fuel :P that needs treating too.

Drove home mixing the liquids and smiling because I be ready for the "LIZZARD." :D
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sorry for the long and perhaps boring story, :roll: it's that kinda day here on the Snow Block :|
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

(B)Lizzard reminded me of a funny event that happened before Christmas. We were eating at our local Botanical Gardens restaurant. The dining area is a large open verandah overlooking a lake.

You have to be careful when you stand up from your table as there are about seven large Water Dragons (between 2'6" to 3' long), waiting for scraps of food to be dropped on the floor. They look evil but are relatively harmless as they make their way round the tables.

We were sitting near the railing overlooking the lake when a kookaburra landed on the rail near the next table and started eyeing off the food. The guy at the table went to put some meat in his mouth, but it never made it as the Kookaburra launched himself and grabbed the meat. The look of surprise on the guy's face was priceless.

There you go WN, I can match you Lizzard for Lizard :D :D :D
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Temperature here has plummeted to 21 Celsius. The locals are all wearing jackets.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I suppose everyone has heard about the 'blizzard' here in Georgia already. Up in the mountains the snow was probably 18", while down here in greater Atlanta we got a whopping point nothing....a dusting that is mostly melting now. Yet, when they mentioned snow on the news there was a rush at the grocery stores here. These people have no idea what real snow is!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I suppose everyone has heard about the 'blizzard' here in Georgia already. Up in the mountains the snow was probably 18", while down here in greater Atlanta we got a whopping point nothing....a dusting that is mostly melting now. Yet, when they mentioned snow on the news there was a rush at the grocery stores here. These people have no idea what real snow is!
It's white not yellow apparently
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Bloody hell now it's dropped to 17C here! Staff all wearing jackets AC in office not switched on. Dog is huddled up in his dog bed.

Even the indigenous animals are feeling the pinch?

GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

We were on the north end of it - 3-4 inches of light snow. Ha! Piffle! It is not very warm (-5- -15 for you foreign folks), but not terrible (but not scooter weather either). I feel for you southern US folks - the local towns don't have the hardware to make driving at all safe, and you probably don't have winter tires. Be careful, and enjoy a vacation if at all possible.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

waspmike wrote:Bloody hell now it's dropped to 17C here! Staff all wearing jackets AC in office not switched on. Dog is huddled up in his dog bed.

Even the indigenous animals are feeling the pinch?

That's how imagine WN

Without the gin
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:
Mel46 wrote:I suppose everyone has heard about the 'blizzard' here in Georgia already. Up in the mountains the snow was probably 18", while down here in greater Atlanta we got a whopping point nothing....a dusting that is mostly melting now. Yet, when they mentioned snow on the news there was a rush at the grocery stores here. These people have no idea what real snow is!
It's white not yellow apparently
Apparently, a taste test is the only way to know for sure. Try it, and let us know what the results are. ;) :roll: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Make that Rum 2yous ;) and no, I don't look like that. My eyes are blue, hair blonde. Enough :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Make that Rum 2yous ;) and no, I don't look like that. My eyes are blue, hair blonde. Enough :D

Top and tail?