Forza Handling

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Red

Forza Handling

Post by Branyers14 »

So I noticed riding two up can be a little scary. Honestly my PCX handled better at high speeds. What I mean is that the Forza has a tendency to move around to different parts of the lane a lot, and if there is a cross wind, well, forget it. Not as bad when riding solo, but still noticeable.

I've ordered some Malossi rear shocks in hopes that it will improve handling, but I'm wondering if it is just the bike's center of gravity that is causing the problem. Can it even be fixed without completely revamping the bike's front and rear suspension?
agent89
Year: 2014
Color: red

Re: Forza Handling

Post by agent89 »

Please report on those new shocks when you have ridden with them. I have seen those for sale on an ebay site. I have my doubts if any shocks will make a big difference given the small wheel size.

I have not taken my gal for a ride on it yet, but solo I feel that it handles well for a "scooter".
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Handling will always be different with a pillion, its just a case of getting used to it.
Did you adjust the rear shocks to a firmer setting before you took the pilion?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Red

Post by Branyers14 »

I did not, but I thought about it. However, the ride is already a little harsh and I thought adjusting the preload would only make it worse.

FWIW I am satisfied with the handling riding solo as the bike will mainly be used for commuting. But the gal and I also plan on taking frequent rides, and it's important to me that she feels safe.

I will report back on the Malossi springs. Hopefully they ship quickly, I ordered them from Scooterpartsco.com along with a Malossi variator.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You're supposed to adjust the suspension for the load, not just leave it in one setting for all loads.
When you have a pillion increase the spring preload, when you ride solo decrease it.
Bit tricky when you don't have an adjuster in the toolkit though.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Branyers14 wrote:
I will report back on the Malossi springs. Hopefully they ship quickly, I ordered them from Scooterpartsco.com along with a Malossi variator.
Would love an update.