Mirrors

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

clawhn
New Member
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:16 pm
Year: 2020
Color: blue/silver
Location: Blaenavon, South Wales. UK

Mirrors

Post by clawhn »

I bought a new 2020 Forza 125cc 2 months ago and its great- apart from the mirrors. No matter how much I adjust the angle, I just can't seem to get a good view of what's going on immediately behind me. I fitted a couple of small round adjustable blind spot mirrors that did help a little but I still struggle to get a good safe view. I'm certain this is the same on the 300 Forza. Anyone out there have the same problem or better still a solution ??
User avatar
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Posts: 2497
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm
Location: rural Ohio

Re: Mirrors

Post by fish »

That is a real problem with cowl mounted mirrors. Can't just add a mirror with a longer chrome stem.
Look for a small mirror on a short arm. Adhere the arm base on the back of you current mirror. I've seen black plastic ones like this on amazon and ebay.
You need to get a mirror fixed just outside of your current mirror.
Good luck.
Fish
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:52 am

Re: Mirrors

Post by Old Scoot »

fish wrote:.........Adhere the arm base on the back of you current mirror. I've seen black plastic ones like this on amazon and ebay.......
Can't fix a mirror on the back of the existing mirror the front blinker lights are positioned there.
Maybe a second mirror mounted on the handlebar, the mounting places are still there but caped of
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1830
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:30 pm
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White
Location: Fort lauderdale
Contact:

Re: Mirrors

Post by Jge64 »

Takeoff the Cowl mirrors and add CB500 mirrors to the handlebars.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Old Scoot
Regular User
Regular User
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:52 am

Re: Mirrors

Post by Old Scoot »

Old Scoot wrote:
fish wrote:.........Adhere the arm base on the back of you current mirror. I've seen black plastic ones like this on amazon and ebay.......
Can't fix a mirror on the back of the existing mirror the front blinker lights are positioned there.
Maybe a second mirror mounted on the handlebar, the mounting places are still there but caped of
Jge64 wrote:Takeoff the Cowl mirrors and add CB500 mirrors to the handlebars.
I posted before you that the front blinker lights are positioned there. You can’t takeoff the Cowl mirrors.
clawhn
New Member
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:16 pm
Year: 2020
Color: blue/silver
Location: Blaenavon, South Wales. UK

Re: Mirrors

Post by clawhn »

Thanks for the responses guys. Since my first post on this I have found this conversion that a guy in the UK is testing out. Indicator units replace the original mirror units and a couple of PCX or CBR 500 mirrors on the bars and hopefully problem solved. Not sure of the cost / availability of these yet. Will post updates when I have more info.





forza mirror project.jpg
forza mirror project.jpg (30.73 KiB) Viewed 6463 times
Post Reply