It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: It's Raining......

Post by WhiteNoise »

Halo! Tis Tuesday. I'm Swimming and NOT in community pool :x
Heavy rain, with a promise of Clearing this afternoon.
Hot and humid weather headed our way.
:? (Where's my sweatband?)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Serious rain for sure WN on my side of the Sound.

According to the news on TV my area got about 2 1/2 inches and that was only within about 5 hours from late morning into afternoon.

The humidity has rolled in and tomorrow it will be sunny and hot. I'll take a ride on the scoot later in the day and let things dry out a bit first.

Good times! :lol:

One thing for sure is it didn't stop the Goldfinches from using the bird feeders. :D
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

it rained here last night before it moved up your way sunday was nice pcx weather we seem to have more zuma weather than pcx weather anymore
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

it rained here last night before it moved up your way sunday was nice pcx weather we seem to have more zuma weather than pcx weather anymore
More Zuma weather than PCX weather . . . well put! :lol:
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

It's coming . . . oh yes . . . it's coming . . . just give it time. :roll:

It will be here in the middle of the night like a vicious predator . . .. o_O

Crash, bang, boom . . .. :o
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

it rains so much that my zuma that i bought 6 months ago is only 300 miles behind my pcx on the odometer and the pcx is 13 months old
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Last nights late rain/thunderstorm came on fast. Sounded like some hail was mixed in, not sure. Hit the window pane that-a-way :roll: stopped early this morning.

Yes!! I'm glad it did. Rinsed that dang pollen away! My allergies have been off the charts this spring>summer. Taking stock in "PUFFS" :x (that's a tissue brand folks, (nope, I ain't puffin' nuttin'!) Weekend looks Hot, but Great!
~Happy Trails~

OldG, stay oudda them there ponds ya got out back! Watch Naked and Afraid instead!
We'll be serving up Better weather...it's on it's way, Grin On! :D
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

It's a Beautiful Sunday. Sun's out. Breezy. Temp is 86. Tonight reversed 68 degrees :D Cool!

The Not So Cool: by the end of this coming week it's going to be a Scorcher! o_O feeling like 100-105 degrees! Sticky, Icky, Clammy and Wet. I calls it like it is! Yucky.

Why? We have Hurricane Barry that made landfall in Louisiana yesterday. Came on land as a Catagory 1 then downgraded to a tropical storm (ABC News). Arkansas overnight into Monday. He's crawling his way up from the South heading North then will hook east through the States where He'll end up in our east coast backyards. In his front pocket, rain - his back pocket, the heat.

Here in the States, we recognize/know that The Gulf is a Hot Spot for storms to brew (of any Size). You can think of it as one huge bathtub where the water's temp is usually "spot on" for a Spin.
Honestly, it takes guts to live or want to live anywhere on the Gulf's Coast, and ya gotta have Heart, lots and lots of Heart. They keep rebuilding. That in itself is So amazing.

The Stormy parts of my 15 yrs. in Florida (and being just a skip away from the Gulf) was enough for me. I'm not ashamed to admit it, I'm gutless. I ended up hating my weather radio. Shut-up! That echoed in my Big house. I heard it. Finally I left. I've been back on LI and I'm happier. This is my true homeland.
But.....I miss Florida too!! Wonderful Riding Places (North FL) and the weather was mostly in my favor. You just had to time yourself with the afternoon showers. I just can't/won't live there again (not fond of monster bugs either, Texas you ain't got nothing on Florida. Look another way).

Back to Barry
history has proved that Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and Texas act as magnets for storms, always getting slammed. Over and over again. No words can descibe.....

Flashback:
Florida then Louisiana, particularly New Orleans: it was Aug 2005, Katrina a Category 5 hurricane came from Hell causing $125 billion dollars in catastrophic damages :cry: What the __!
Flashback over.

All that, and I'll still complain :|
Barry's coming, and it's going to be Hot! Me? I'll be at a retirement dinner out east on Long Island (on the water). I hope the Restaurant's A/C keeps up else I'll retire myself right back to my truck. I seriously need a spanking. Such a brat!

Southern and mid State neighbors, this is Not the worst storm by far, but please Stay Safe and God Bless

To all...sorry about the (very) long (winded) post :oops:
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

sunny day here the pcx is going to get some use
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:It's a Beautiful Sunday. Sun's out. Breezy. Temp is 86. Tonight reversed 68 degrees :D Cool!

The Not So Cool: by the end of this coming week it's going to be a Scorcher! o_O feeling like 100-105 degrees! Sticky, Icky, Clammy and Wet. I calls it like it is! Yucky.

Why? We have Hurricane Barry that made landfall in Louisiana yesterday. Came on land as a Catagory 1 then downgraded to a tropical storm (ABC News). Arkansas overnight into Monday. He's crawling his way up from the South heading North then will hook east through the States where He'll end up in our east coast backyards. In his front pocket, rain - his back pocket, the heat.

Here in the States, we recognize/know that The Gulf is a Hot Spot for storms to brew (of any Size). You can think of it as one huge bathtub where the water's temp is usually "spot on" for a Spin.
Honestly, it takes guts to live or want to live anywhere on the Gulf's Coast, and ya gotta have Heart, lots and lots of Heart. They keep rebuilding. That in itself is So amazing.

The Stormy parts of my 15 yrs. in Florida (and being just a skip away from the Gulf) was enough for me. I'm not ashamed to admit it, I'm gutless. I ended up hating my weather radio. Shut-up! That echoed in my Big house. I heard it. Finally I left. I've been back on LI and I'm happier. This is my true homeland.
But.....I miss Florida too!! Wonderful Riding Places (North FL) and the weather was mostly in my favor. You just had to time yourself with the afternoon showers. I just can't/won't live there again (not fond of monster bugs either, Texas you ain't got nothing on Florida. Look another way).

Back to Barry
history has proved that Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and Texas act as magnets for storms, always getting slammed. Over and over again. No words can descibe.....

Flashback:
Florida then Louisiana, particularly New Orleans: it was Aug 2005, Katrina a Category 5 hurricane came from Hell causing $125 billion dollars in catastrophic damages :cry: What the __!
Flashback over.

All that, and I'll still complain :|
Barry's coming, and it's going to be Hot! Me? I'll be at a retirement dinner out east on Long Island (on the water). I hope the Restaurant's A/C keeps up else I'll retire myself right back to my truck. I seriously need a spanking. Such a brat!

Southern and mid State neighbors, this is Not the worst storm by far, but please Stay Safe and God Bless

To all...sorry about the (very) long (winded) post :oops:
Comparatively short winded I thought.

10/10 would read again :lol:
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

WhiteNoise wrote: Here in the States, we recognize/know that The Gulf is a Hot Spot for storms to brew (of any Size). You can think of it as one huge bathtub where the water's temp is usually "spot on" for a Spin.
Well, I'm still here! Area still rebuilding after Michael, but starting to look normal again in many places. :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Limey, I see you're a Floridian...still.
2018 Michael left his mark. I'm very glad you're safe but sad about all the damage. Re-building home sweet home, I give those folks a lot of credit. Were you affected?

2yous, you character! "Comparatively" HaHa, yes I'm grinning.
And.... O. myGod, 10/10? Talk about flashbacks! :lol:

That's 1010 Wins Radio New York - with DJ Murray the K!
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

WhiteNoise wrote:Limey, I see you're a Floridian...still.
2018 Michael left his mark. I'm very glad you're safe but sad about all the damage. Re-building home sweet home, I give those folks a lot of credit. Were you affected?
Michael jigged east about 15 miles just before it was due to be a direct hit on us. Instead Panama City and Mexico Beach took the full force. We were hit pretty bad here, but not as bad as it could have been. Lost some roof shingles, all my fences were gone and trees in backyard were over. Many millions of trees were lost in this county and over in Panama City folks are still living in RVs and tents in many places. Rebuilding is slow but steady - will take another year or so I'm sure. Technically, Bay County is still under a state of emergency, but we no longer have a curfew! Most people here are pretty resentful that the rest of the country has moved on - media gave us our 3 days of interest and then went to other things - 'nuff said!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Back in '79 Hurricane Frederick hit Mobile, Alabama while I lived there. It was a direct it. A month later we were just a statistic to the rest of the country.

Remember Puerto Rico? It is just a statistic to the rest of the country now. Ask those that live there if they see it that way.

I think this is typical because there is so much going on in the world now that there isnt enough time for everything to get their 15 minutes in the spotlight.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Not raining. Heats arrived. How Hot is it Folks?
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

It's 91 F. here and extremely humid. :roll:

I did take a ride up to Essex on the XMax and could feel a definite increase in heat after I got a couple of miles inland and the "ocean air effect" was diminished . . .. 8)

Not as many tourists walking the streets and most cars had the windows up with the air conditioning on. Even the beach parking lots were not as packed as they usually are. There was a lot less competition to find a space today. Those that did decide to sit in the hot sand and scorching sun must really be into pain. . .. :lol:

I've got 3 words to say, "Open and pour!". :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: "Open and pour." OKAY, DONE!

About the heat, it's still on.
You're right OldG, this past weekend there was minimal traffic on the roads, and few folks seen outdoors in our 105+ degrees. The heat was near impossible to deal with. To be on the safe/healthy side, our weatherman advised us to stay indoors with A/C...somewhere.

Saturday: Me in Port Jefferson Village-Weekend Retirement Party
I not only knew how hot it was when I arrived at my destination, You could See how Hot it was.

You KNOW it's Hot....When parking spots 'are available' smack in the middle of Port Jefferson's Village.
You KNOW it's Hot....Otherwise all those empty spots would be filled and you'd be parked somewhere outside the Village - with yer walking shoes on and handkerchief in hand
You KNOW it's Hot....When you Can drive through their Village without waiting for folks to walk out in front of you (to get to the other side :D ) Shop to shop, restaurant to restaurant, bar to bar, hotel to hotel....or to the ferry....you get my drift
You KNOW it's Hot....when the A/C drops and lights flicker
And you KNOW it's Hot....when the asphalt smokes
And you dang well know it's Hot when there's not a biker biking (motorized or not)!

REGARDLESS, everyone had a fantastic time at the party (75 of us).
I was aware that only beer, wine and soda would be served. That Wine thing is "the in thing" today. Ah but Not for me. I snuck my airplane sized 1.7 oz bottles of rum into the affair, then asked the bartender for a glass of coke and....there ya have it ('I' had it....several times) :D No problem!

The A/C fought hard but kept dishing out the chill. Lights flicked but We liked that anyway. Kinda groovy :D Food was plentiful and yummy, esp dessert - Strawberry Shortcake with "real" everything ingredients! The Karaoke DJ spun great songs. Folks danced, folks Sang. I Sang. Several songs infact from my old band days. It was my sis who had the DJ call me up. Tricky! The music started, up popped "White Rabbit" on the screen. All eyes now on me. It got warm all of a sudden! I sang it. Great fun, it felt good to sing in front of a crowd again. I was then told to pick a few more and to stay put to sing them. (This was sooo rigged, I thought). Ok so I took on the challenge of Steve Perry's "Don't Stop Believin" then "Hey Jude" (always hated singing that one, not a fav, so repetitive at the end). Boring! The Fun one was "Oh blah dee, oh blah da, life goes on....bra! Lalalala life goes on." Bra? < I added drama to that! That kills me. Folks roared. Lolol, I ain't telling yas what I did. Use yer imaginations :lol:
Turns out the DJ wants me at his weekly bar event. Not far from my home. Said he bought a new guitar and is building up calluses. Wants to start up a band again. We should, he said. I grinned. My sis won't be letting up on me now. Ohhh boy....

Rolled in at 11:30pm and hummed me way to bed. What a Great HOT DAY it was :P
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow, another long winded post! What say ye to ^that^ 2yous? :lol: Breaking records as of late :D

Wait, this thread is about rain.
Okay, let's ask OldG.....he knows what's coming at us early tonight ;)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Wow, another long winded post! What say ye to ^that^ 2yous? :lol: Breaking records as of late :D

Wait, this thread is about rain.
Okay, let's ask OldG.....he knows what's coming at us early tonight ;)
Yes WN - Long winded but well worth reading. It sounded like a great retirement party. It's good that you can get together with old colleagues and friends and stroll down memory lane. Speaking of lane . . . what? No "Penny Lane"???? :lol:

And Journey . . . one of my all time favorite bands. Great choices! :D

The weather is in and out of clouds here right now. The first wave of scattered thunderstorms is due later this afternoon . . . mostly "inland" but could strike anywhere. Following that, more towards early evening, the big dogs arrive and with plenty to fear from what I hear.

The air conditioner continues to be "on the ready". If it starts sounding like the plane engine in the "Flight of the Phoenix" I'll be ready with my backup machine. :lol:

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

raining here i have taken the zuma out for some short rides