Takegawa Pcx 170cc

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Takegawa Pcx 170cc

Post by Pcxdemon »

Yuminashi 31mm throttle body, inlet manifold and big injector have been installed. Yuminashi said the only performance limiting factor for stock ecu is 125cc stock injector...Honda Pgm-fi can cope with big bore upgrade or bigger throttle body,pod filter's and performance exhausts without any piggy back ecu modules as long as we install larger injector. Ive just unplugged my Takegawa FI module AND it works like a Swiss clock! Idle is stable, throttle rev is good,no hiccups,coughs or splatters, just feels normal. :ugeek:
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

So is it faster now?
fuel mileage? Still can you get more than 70mpg?
what injector did you use?
Will the stock 150 injector work with the 170 kit?( I plan on getting that 150 to 170kit when its not so "lost in translation"(japanese)). :D
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

oh yeah, don't think you really need that brake arm thing, I adjusted my "combination brake" about 2 turns less than stock, and have more rear lock now...
probably have something like 15%front/85%rear vs. stock about 30/70. but that brake arm does look cool. 8)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

dasshreddar wrote:So is it faster now?
fuel mileage? Still can you get more than 70mpg?
what injector did you use?
Will the stock 150 injector work with the 170 kit?( I plan on getting that 150 to 170kit when its not so "lost in translation"(japanese)). :D
Hmm not sure yet what milage will be,ive only just taken it for a quick ride to the shops and back, I used Yuminashi Throttle body,inlet manifold and their big injector,more info on their website..It has tons of torque now feels really powerful 1/4 throttle is more than enough to ride this thing. Its really quite restricted at the moment as ive managed to plumb up stock airbox to it, and inside diameter of the airbox hose is half of that throttle intake so im ordering K&N pod filter to match it.....

Takegawa has 170cc kit for 150 model,so if you can just get yourself 170 kit and big injector (webike has one by Chameleon Factory) than thats all you would need,dont need programable ecu etc etc....OR Just order Yuminashi 163cc kit, Injector and throttle body,that will make it go real hard,just have a look at their video...done up 150 will out perform done up 125 anytime mainly cos it has better head,bigger valves,its a great starting point..
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Pcxdemon wrote:
Hmm not sure yet what my mileage will be. I have only just taken it for a quick ride to the shops and back...

Please post a video of a longer road test. Include start-up, idle and acceleration to top speed.

I am very interested in the mods you have done so far.

Thank you. ;)
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Slickvic wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:
Hmm not sure yet what my mileage will be. I have only just taken it for a quick ride to the shops and back...

Please post a video of a longer road test. Include start-up, idle and acceleration to top speed.

I am very interested in the mods you have done so far.

Thank you. ;)
Id love to but ive spent all my money on performance parts and not much is left for gopro cam :? :) , i dont like to use my phone cam too much as it takes my whole left hand from holding steering... :roll:
I may one of these days do something about it..
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Haha i feel like a excited 5 year old, this Pcx is 'soo much fun to ride' and im longing for any excuse to jump on it and ride it down to the shops or in to a town... :D
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Received this today..
Before pod arrived ive been running stock airbox with 31mm throttle, it was an upgrade in performance but intake was halved to its potential,this photo will show the diff in intake tube size diameter..
Pod installed, fits neatly behind airbox,ive left airbox on the scoot to hide the pod and also fill the void..

I got no Gopro to record something like this video but its exactly how it sounds and goes but mine will only get to 130kmh as thats how far the vario will let it but it has soo much more power to push further if i gear it up some more..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmQvu0uqFYs
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

8) is that a K&N filter, if so what model #?
I was thinking about getting a K&N # ru-0100 soon.

You got to ditch that hideous air box though... :lol:
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

dasshreddar wrote:8) is that a K&N filter, if so what model #?
I was thinking about getting a K&N # ru-0100 soon.

You got to ditch that hideous air box though... :lol:
It's k&n R1100 but its too big for stock throttle body though...
I'm modifying airbox with bigger tubing as it ran quite ok with it's stock tube although bit restricted in its efficiency so with bigger tubing should be nice alternative if I would want to put it back on..

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Airbox modified...Bigger air tube, pod filter relocated in to a airbox,matching intake opening...Noise as stock, but from a quick run down the street seemed to pull little better midrange,maybe prefers to have a slight vacuum in the intake department,only way to find out is to time it against my last vid. Fuel usage hovers around 3l/100km from the last couple of tanks..
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I like that setup better than when you just had the pod hanging out behind the airbox. I ride in the rain a lot, and I'd destroy my engine with the pod uncovered like that. Vapor lock isn't fun.

Wow, 140kph. I'm jealous of that. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

maddiedog wrote:I like that setup better than when you just had the pod hanging out behind the airbox. I ride in the rain a lot, and I'd destroy my engine with the pod uncovered like that. Vapor lock isn't fun.

Wow, 140kph. I'm jealous of that. :D
It was pretty well shielded from nasty elements where it was, so rain wouldn't affect it but i think im just getting old and open pod sound is fantastic, on full throttle is bit too loud for my liking when riding around the city.. :|
I really needed the pod to know its full potential with it :geek: and from there i can gauge the losses from running modded box but there isnt much :ugeek: ,i do feel slightly less power in top rpm on the highway :x ,thats where the pod really shines and the sound is marvels but i only ride on the highway 10% of my commute... 8)
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

Hey, I tried my gy6 pod filter on the PCX, and damn it is loud(but not on the gy6 :? )...
Is the "pod in a box" as quiet as stock?
Should be getting my pod in the next couple of days, will have to rearange some things to make it fit though. :|
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

dasshreddar wrote:Hey, I tried my gy6 pod filter on the PCX, and damn it is loud(but not on the gy6 :? )...
Is the "pod in a box" as quiet as stock?
Should be getting my pod in the next couple of days, will have to rearange some things to make it fit though. :|
If you follow my setup with pod in the box it will be quiet like stock, however if you decide you miss bit of induction roar sound all you will have to do is remove airbox front cover to expose the pod. This way its not nearly as bad as running it of throttle body,noise is alot more bearable and pleasent.

This vid is of the pod in the box with cover off.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GheDkJHxpt8
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

:D Gotta ride out that wheelie longer!
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

New battery arrived today, Shorai Lithium Iron type. Has 135cca power/Yuasa 130cca ,about 1.466kg lighter than existing Yuasa type. 2 year limited warranty over 1 year for Yuasa and its capable to sit unused for 1 year or more without needing any maintenance in the meantime. Oh and its $50 cheaper!

This is packing that comes in the box,because battery is smaller than Yuasa it needs bit of packing to fit nice and snug..

8)