How cold will you ride?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Re: How cold will you ride?

Post by dkazzed »

Lol. We're both just 31, it'll kick in soon or later that we have to get an automatic as a main car. It's really the move to electric vehicles which will dictate that. I'm thinking too my next motorcycle might be a Zero Electric Motorcycle. But right now, we enjoy driving manual.

A little story, I did not care about driving and was happy enough with my region's excellent transit system until my dad gave me a crash course in driving stick when I was 17 years old. I loved it so much I put together money I saved plus a tax refund to run out to buy a Honda Civic. I put 20,000 miles on that car in a year, had lots of fun, had great memories with friends in that car. And I'm willing to bet in this smartphone world where kids are less interested in driving, teaching them to drive stick whether on two or four wheels might reverse that trend.

Lol at the mother and child comment.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

I checked under their faring's and they were both definitely boys. :lol: :lol: :lol: Forza means force, brawn, and strength - definitely masculine. :P

My buddy with the 900 lb Harley Classic has decided he needs a lighter bike to go touring with us. I told him I also don't want to listen to that awful noise his Harley makes. I want to experience nature. :lol:
Steph wrote: @tbln930 - I think your Forza is a Girl and had a baby.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 PCX 125
Color: matt black

Post by wojtek_pl »

So, my motorcycle season started last week of February. I'll laugh really hard when the "official" season start will be somewhere in April. LOL...
So temps are OK, about 2 -4 C in the morning and 8 - 13C afternoon. I'm waiting for temperature to be above 10 C in the morning so I can get rid of the muffs...
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

5 more inches of snow yesterday and 4F/ -15C this morning. Come on! This is bizarre!
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

It's been too warm here a few days already. :lol: I prefer about 70 f.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

It is one of those perfect days @70 F sunny and low wind. I may need to head down to Elephant Rocks State Park. :P It's about 70 miles one way but a beautiful ride. It is the land of giant boulders.

https://mostateparks.com/park/elephant-rocks-state-park

SECoda/tbln930
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Did 151 miles round trip to Elephant Rocks State Park and Buford mountain (1800 feet) in Iron, Missouri. The Ozarks only get up to about 2500 feet - really old. Found some kids actually swimming for short periods in Washington State Park in the big river. o_O It was 73 F.

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

What does "The Ozarks only get up to about 2500 feet - really old" mean?

Not being facetious, I really don't know.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

@tbln930 - Looks like a fun ride and neat place to visit. Love the photos! It's 19 degrees F. for me right now. o_O The other day went for a very short ride on my new bike. Way different then my scoot. But, I think I will get the hang of it.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Best band name ever: "The Ozark Mountain Daredevils"
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Steph wrote:My new Bike.
Did you start a new thread about the CTX?
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

@sendler2112 - Need to ride it a bit more. Will have to take a few photos of it too!
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

What are your first impressions so far of the CTX compared to the PCX?

I rode my BWS (Zuma) last week to get it to a shop. Miss how simple and nimble it is to ride. Still not ruling out getting a faster freeway legal scooter for daily year round riding.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

I probably can't do it justice like Wikipedia. The Appalachian mountains are also very old and relatively low.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozarks

Basically the mountains are heavily eroded from the passage of time because they were formed hundreds of million so of years ago (Proterozoic). By contrast the Swiss Alps are relatively young at only tens of millions of years old and much higher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ozark_ ... Daredevils :P
you you wrote:What does "The Ozarks only get up to about 2500 feet - really old" mean?

SECoda/tbln930
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

dkazzed wrote:What are your first impressions so far of the CTX compared to the PCX?

I rode my BWS (Zuma) last week to get it to a shop. Miss how simple and nimble it is to ride. Still not ruling out getting a faster freeway legal scooter for daily year round riding.
A little over 200 lbs heaver the the PXC. it's a real motorcycle classified as a medium size sport cruiser. Only took a very sort ride so far. My first impression was much more power and heaver. o_O Due to it's low center of gravity, Once I get use to it, I should be good to go.

The DCT transmission is unlike the CVT transmission. Dont yank the throttle up and down since this will cause unnecessary shifting.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Can you imagine a 900 lb Harley and just moving it around in the garage? o_O My Forza with the top case loaded is near 450 lb and I think 400-550 lb area is just about perfect for medium touring mix I see. It's still light enough for slow curvy hilly roads yet does fine on the interstates. I have a lot of miles on a Harley Sportster that was pushing 650 lbs and even it is starting to be a bridge too far when you get on some of our curves IMO not to mention uncomfortable with the stock seat. After a while I dreaded climbing on that thing.

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tbln930 wrote:I probably can't do it justice like Wikipedia. The Appalachian mountains are also very old and relatively low.

Basically the mountains are heavily eroded from the passage of time because they were formed hundreds of million so of years ago (Proterozoic). By contrast the Swiss Alps are relatively young at only tens of millions of years old and much higher.

you you wrote:What does "The Ozarks only get up to about 2500 feet - really old" mean?

I thought it was some sort of expression...

Isn't everything on Earth mostly the same age?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Best band name ever: "The Ozark Mountain Daredevils"

Gone off The Pet Shop Boys?
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Geologic structures are ever changing. I guess all matter is the same age since the Big Bang if you believe in that. 13.8 billion years. :P Of course now they think maybe the Big Bang was when two distinct universes touched so maybe the matter existed before that. :o
you you wrote:
tbln930 wrote:I probably can't do it justice like Wikipedia. The Appalachian mountains are also very old and relatively low.

I thought it was some sort of expression...

Isn't everything on Earth mostly the same age?

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

7 degrees c for the first ride of the year. Lovely