Heidenau K66 4-Season Scooter Tire

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Re: Heidenau K66 4-Season Scooter Tire

Post by relic »

Ya when I rode the CB350 over the Duffy it was still gravel,took me all day. Like riding on a road covered with golf balls.
Funny you mentioned a drunken surveyor, those were my bosses when the Ministry were upgrading the road in 1989.
Are you going North or South?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

relic wrote:Worked on the Duffy 1989 getting some lumps out so they could pave it.
I just had to check if Robert Clothier was still alive. He isn't, so you are not him. I worked landscaping at the home of one of the Beachcomber actors in Surrey (?). A long time ago.
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by relic »

Just carrying on his tradition, an unlikely role model for most,but for some might be a kindred spirit.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hello from Whitehorse. I left last Friday. Went To Hinton where I lived briefly. Dawson Creek was Mile Zero of the Alaska Highway. Severe dust and then severe rain. Cold. I had my snowmobile gloves on. Buffalo, bears, big horn sheep, giant ravens. The roads are empty. Gas is expensive. Food is even more expensive. The K66 are good tires for this. A scooter is interesting but not the best bike. Lots of construction gravel. The clutch bearing is shot. It sounds like a Ducati dry clutch but way worse. Big rally in Dawson on my birthday. I might make it. I lost my cat strangler. Had to make one in Whitehorse
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Whitehorse, how cool (brrr) is that? :lol:
It doesn't sound like the clutch bearing is going to make the trip home. Good luck with that!
What's a cat strangler? :?
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by relic »

Hats off to ya! How were bugs?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Bugs are not bad. The K66 rear is half done. I made it to Dawson. The rally was happening but I was not part of it. Dawson was named after a distant relative. My birth mother was married to Tom Dawson for many years until she left the drunk. Other relatives are also related to Dawson.

Currently sitting in Whitehorse Walmart McDonald’s. Cloudy and cool. Weather varies a lot.

The Forza clutch bearing really only works when the bike is stopped. If I make it home it will be total junk. I can still do 100 kmph. Only 3000? Km to home.

This place/trip is expensive. I eat too much (cold). Lots of pretty ladies. The tent is still wet. Bright outside at midnight. Bears, deer, buffalo, foxes, huge ravens.

Gotta go before it snows. Frost one morning.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Catstrangler was a name given to the wire helmet hanger that was included in the Forza tool kit in some countries. People could not figure out what it was or how to use it. Someone said it could be used to strangle a cat.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I did not get too far today. Carmacks To Whitehorse To Teslin. The Nisutlin Trading Post is almost a one star hotel but it is dry. Very wet outside. Lots of gravel in the following days. Shower & laundry. The K66 tires are impressive. Clutch mostly works. Shudders at times. Give it more gas.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

I didn't know you were Royalty. :lol:
I didn't know it was called a catstrangler and I forgot the Forza has a place to hook one up to.
Safe trip home.
Salsbury
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

On the way home. The muffler was sounding noisy leaving Fort Nelson. I pulled into a weigh station. I discovered that I was missing the right front two swing arm bolts. One was jammed against the muffler. I had to take the muffler off to put the bolt back in and I stole one of the muffler bolts to fill the other hole. Back to Fort Nelson. I found a quad mechanic who had a few old bolts and I bought a new muffler clamp.

I then rode in heavy rain to Buckinghorse River trucker motel. Smelly but dry and the furnace worked.

Breakfast was in Pink Mountain.

Going to Dawson Creek. It is named after my birth mother’s 2nd husband’s family from Pictou, Nova Scotia. Tom Dawson had 14 brothers & sisters.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

Yikes! Two swing arm bolts missing. Glad you didn't crash. Did the handling feel any different?
Save trip home with hopefully some better weather.
Salsbury
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I had a few shudders at certain speeds. I assumed it was my disappearing clutch. If I went faster it went away. It is actually sort of a false swingarm. You could probably ride with it completely missing for a while. I do plan to test that.

I needed to add some oil today. About 5000 hard fast km since the oil change. Some guy gave me a bit out of his 5 liter jug.

I saw quite a few bears today so l am in a really cheap motel in Hudson’s Hope,BC tonight.

I need a muffler gasket. I might try one in Prince George.

Is the Forza muffler gasket used in any other popular Canadian Honda’s?

I went to Dawson Creek today to inquire about my Dawson relatives. I was shown a few books. I might have to hit the libraries when I get home. Lots of fun.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I did not mention that my free oil was 0W30.

I see that Motorex makes a 0W30 maxi-scooter oil.

I wonder if the Harley 20W50 $18 a liter crowd would think I am crazy?

Shower, breakfast and off to see the dam.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

Ran the Forza muffler gasket part number 18391-mn1-670 thru BikeBandit and Partzilla.
It'll fit '06 Big Ruckus, the old Reflex ,the old Elite 250 and '88-90 xr600r.

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/de ... &sch=96480

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/18391-MN1-670
Salsbury
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks but none of those are current or big sellers in Canada

I will just have to put up with the noise until I get home. There is a new gasket in my kitchen.

I am having supper in Williams Lake and staying at a cash only motel. It is actually quite nice.
Home tomorrow maybe?

My birth mother was born Janet Williams. I am almost afraid to ask her if this town is named after relatives.
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by relic »

On the last leg Davey.My memories of Williams lake are the rodeo and getting punched in the nose.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The rodeo is on and my nose has been rearranged way too many times. The smell was too strong so I found a cheap motel upwind.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Raining again. More than half my holiday has had rain. The forest fire guys are going to go broke. Hard to leave this warm dry motel for my ugly pig of a scooter.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

So I got home safely. The K66 rear tire has 6624 km and it is down to the wear bars. It is a Mud & Snow tire so the wear bars are extra thick. I guess it is no longer a legal snow tire. There is actually plenty of tread left.

The trip was 15 days. 6431 km and a substantial amount of rain riding. A lot of the ride was on rough chip seal roads. A couple of hundred kms of gravel.

The Alaska Highway is famous for being dusty. I had almost no dust. There were a few sections I had to follow behind a pilot car because of construction or gravel roads. It was a little hard for the Forza to do the speeds the pilot car was doing on the gravel.

Dawson City was interesting except for the parts the Holland America Cruise Lines had taken over. D2D 2019 (Dust to Dawson) was happening while I was there but I was not part of it. I could not find a motel room so I left early.

I stayed in a few motels that would need improvement to become one star hotels.

I saw lots of wildlife. One campground had more bears than people so I went to a cheap motel.

The swingarm problem was caused because I was in a hurry to go and did not use loctite on the bolts. My fault.

My rear brake pads were totally destroyed. I think I need a new brake piston. I am guessing I did about 1000 km or more with the swingarm banging around. I assumed it was the clutch problem. I think I am getting too old and senile to be trusted with the Forza. Too much serious brain damage over the years. That was really, really bad and just plain stupid.