Takegawa Pcx 170cc

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Takegawa Pcx 170cc

Post by jasontheparamedic »

So how much would this cost in parts to buy everything to bore up the PCX 125? What if you can't do it yourself, and you need to pay a customizing shop to do so? How many estimated hours would it take?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

jasontheparamedic wrote:So how much would this cost in parts to buy everything to bore up the PCX 125? What if you can't do it yourself, and you need to pay a customizing shop to do so? How many estimated hours would it take?
Have a look here: http://japan.webike.net/products/20695735.html
$696US free shipping. I dismantled all the fairings and pulled the engine out, took it to a decent motor mechanic willing to have a play with it. I think it took them no more than two hours installing the kit and i got charged only $100! Yes, $100....for the good measure i gave them $150 for doing it straight away for me late on friday arvo 3pm and a 6pack of beers to toast it after the work done.
I then reinstalled the engine in to the frame,hook up the fi module and put on the fairings back on..
If you can pull the engine out you will save yourself a lot of money as the fairing work is tedious and long..
Okaeri-Japan

Post by Okaeri-Japan »

hi
Japan webike is not the cheapest store, basically it's not a real store but kinda office located in Yokohama south of Tokyo
they don't stock anything but order parts to Japanese manufacturers and then sell them online
other thing is that they also sell to local customers (webike) and prices are cheaper, you should ask a Japanese to buy and send the parts directly to Australia to get cheaper price
I think you should check with a local Takegawa dealer in your own country to avoid paying VAT and shipping fees, many garages also include installing work in the total price or offer a big discount on it
Most of Takegawa parts are actually made in Taiwan by Koso, I know some people tried to deal with them but they're not allowed to deal directly with other customers, exclusive production for Takegawa
there are also many outlets stores that buy old stocks from famous manufacturers in Tokai or Kansai areas but they only sell to Japanese people, you won't get the latest model but discount can reach -40 or 50%
I bought a Kitaco Cross Mission 5 for Honda minibike in Kyoto a few month ago: normal price was around €790 and I paid it €330, brand new in box
same for a Takegawa Track Road exhaust for Yamaha TW, normal price around €700€, paid 320 in a discount store from Osaka, funny thing is that this part is still in the catalog
turnover is very important in Japan, they are always new parts that are released with minor modifications and they need to discount anterior models, however it's interesting to buy there only if you get big discount
cheers
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Okaeri-Japan wrote:hi
Japan webike is not the cheapest store, basically it's not a real store but kinda office located in Yokohama south of Tokyo
they don't stock anything but order parts to Japanese manufacturers and then sell them online
other thing is that they also sell to local customers (webike) and prices are cheaper, you should ask a Japanese to buy and send the parts directly to Australia to get cheaper price
I think you should check with a local Takegawa dealer in your own country to avoid paying VAT and shipping fees, many garages also include installing work in the total price or offer a big discount on it
Most of Takegawa parts are actually made in Taiwan by Koso, I know some people tried to deal with them but they're not allowed to deal directly with other customers, exclusive production for Takegawa
there are also many outlets stores that buy old stocks from famous manufacturers in Tokai or Kansai areas but they only sell to Japanese people, you won't get the latest model but discount can reach -40 or 50%
I bought a Kitaco Cross Mission 5 for Honda minibike in Kyoto a few month ago: normal price was around €790 and I paid it €330, brand new in box
same for a Takegawa Track Road exhaust for Yamaha TW, normal price around €700€, paid 320 in a discount store from Osaka, funny thing is that this part is still in the catalog
turnover is very important in Japan, they are always new parts that are released with minor modifications and they need to discount anterior models, however it's interesting to buy there only if you get big discount
cheers
Webike works for me...i dont mind paying a bit extra? if it means giving me extraordinary range of products,great service and a solid money back guarantee if something is wrong... In the last few years i did receive below standard products on couple of occasions and they've dealt with it very fast and professionally...
I would give you a go Oakeri but you said you dont like to deal individually but rather thru dealer...so that takes me out at shopping with you..Dont you think by the time the agent deals with you for the parts he will not add his mark up on top + labour to install the parts? So there go the savings right there.....:(
Also would be nice to know someone in Japan to be able to get stuff for us but if something is not right once the parts are received it would be a lot harder to deal with the complaints and refunds or replacements...
However i do have a friend now in Thailand that will be able to procure any parts i desire directly from over there bypassing Webike,You or any other 3rd party with greater savings im my pocket. Although i dont really need much anymore as i got most bits and pieces already.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Pcxdemon wrote:Just a quick update on fuel consumption with 170 kit, first oil changed done on 500km and this is the latest figure since ive just emptied the tank:

So the fuel consumption has dropped down to 2.89l/100km,bloody fantastic figures and almost as good as a stock 125cc but with 200cc+ performance....:))
For those of you in the US, that is 81.3mpg. Not too bad at all. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

New giddy up has arrived

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Just finished the install, about an hour of labour..

It appeared bit confusing, gear was exactly the same size as the genuine Honda one but on closer inspection the teeth were closer together on Kitaco by .3-4mm exactly. It reduced my rpm by 400-500 but only on top once the vario maxed out it self. So now I hit 120kmh with an ease and still have sufficient rpm before the limiter kicks in. It tops out at the present at 130kmh maybe with the new belt ill gain bit extra but I'm not chasing more top end. 130kmh is more than sufficient. Best thing is I can cruise at 120kmh+ well away from the red rpm line...
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

After doing few miles of riding I have a clearer picture of what's it like, it goes bit faster everywhere thru the rev range. Cruising and then on full throttle will pick up more speed on the same distance as before, and kinda does it more effortlessly. It is a really worth while mod even on stock 125 I'd say as its not a big gear up..
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I wonder if the lower RPMs will help your fuel economy -- they should. The install looks simple enough.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Ive just received my latest upgrade purchase. I kinda got bit bored with stock looking exhaust even though it was Takegawa performance one,so i got a bling Takegawa replacement..Ive just fitted it earlier today and the visual diff is very very nice,It suits it to a tee. It is also considerably lighter which can be easily noticed when riding,sound is not any louder than the last quiet one but has more bass and sporty sound when cruising.Actually my wife said she thinks its quieter than the last one,possible,i say its just a very nice upgrade for sports exhaust. Ill post a video soon.

Pic of it:
http://japan.webike.net/products/20282055.html
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

:D

PS power wise..its an improvment over other exhaust, better takeoff power,improvement in mid range (more torque) and also breathes better on top end..
Well design and execution while keeps noise to a minimum not much more than a stock exhaust is,so def wont piss of neighbours..
tuanies
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tuanies »

Man, I really want to make my PCX 170cc. Maybe one day :D
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

I upgraded rear brake swing arm to Advance Pro product,its 10mm longer than Honda arm and its meant to exert more force on rear brake with less brake leaver movement,effectively making combo breaks more rear biased..

Rear wheel will lock up with more force exerted on the brake leaver,could never do that before without adjusting rear arm to tight and affecting the free spin of the rear wheel...Feels great!
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Pcxdemon wrote:http://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=HjfUFoZTpRg&ns=1 :D

PS power wise..its an improvment over other exhaust, better takeoff power,improvement in mid range (more torque) and also breathes better on top end..
Well design and execution while keeps noise to a minimum not much more than a stock exhaust is,so def wont piss of neighbours..
Oops sory ive just noticed the previous link was my editing page cant be opened from your end..right?
New link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjfUFoZTpRg
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Very cool Demon 8) How much was that brake arm? That sounds like a good idea, although I can lock my rear easily in the dirt...
Would have been nice to know I could get a 170cc before I bought a 150 :roll: but, maybe one day with more 150cc aftermarket support, I can make mine a 195cc :lol:
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

dasshreddar wrote:Very cool Demon 8) How much was that brake arm? That sounds like a good idea, although I can lock my rear easily in the dirt...
Would have been nice to know I could get a 170cc before I bought a 150 :roll: but, maybe one day with more 150cc aftermarket support, I can make mine a 195cc :lol:
Well....Takegawa just brought out 170 for 150 model. 150 is a better starting base for modding than 125 as it has better head with larger valves so thus will pump out more power than 125 as 170..
you can have a look at power dyno graph figures on this site under each pcx model kit..

http://www.takegawa.co.jp/products/list ... ory_id=432

Ultimately im gunning for 16-17hp at the wheel with my pcx, im just about to acquire 31mm throttle body,bigger injector,150 head and adapter bits with it to fit first gen 125...
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

dasshreddar wrote:Very cool Demon 8) How much was that brake arm?
Sorry i missed this earlier..

http://japan.webike.net/products/21133048.html

Cheers
sm4rty

Post by sm4rty »

Now that's nice exhaust #jealous :-)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

sm4rty wrote:Now that's nice exhaust #jealous :-)
Dont be jealous :roll: ...just get yourself one. :P