rideing the pcx in the rain?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Hax
Year: 2016
Color: Black

Re: rideing the pcx in the rain?

Post by Hax »

I prefer riding the PCX in the wet to my big cruiser. Didn't care when I was younger and invincible and would ride in pretty much anything except snow. I have ridden large motorcycles in strong winds and over the course of two years commuting 80 miles per day I did learn to cope with this, as much as you can. Never enjoyed it though!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: rideing the pcx in the rain?

Post by Mel46 »

So here is my two cents worth. I have been riding for 60 years. Riding in the rain on a heavier bike is still not easy, but it is a lot easier than on a PCX. The biggest enemy during rain is the wind. If you are facing a sudden storm and can pull over in shelter till it passes, then please do so. Heavy cross winds can be adjusted for with experience, and everyone has their own way of do so, but if you are new to riding it is best that you not do it if there is a way to take other transportation.
In all cases of rain, be aware that fuel and oil that have soaked into the road from passing cars will come to the surface. That along with a light bike and cross winds will make it extremely difficult to maintain proper control over your vehicle. Those who have ridden for quite some time in all sorts of weather know these things and ride with instincts that have been sharpened by experience. New riders do not have this experience yet. Be aware of that and ride with caution.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers