Left over, new, 2014 Forzas availiable

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Left over, new, 2014 Forzas availiable

Post by davenowherejones »

macawmatt wrote:She isn't a "new" rider, though its been probably 15+ years since she was last on one as a driver.

I know about buying into what is probably too big for your first bike, honestly did that myself. I am watching her on the ones we looked at in town, wouldn't let her get something bigger then I think she could handle.
Yeah, I did the 15 year break also, no money for motorcycles. I tried a rental 50cc and noticed I was really bad at riding it. I ended up buying a Yamaha BWS 49cc and rode that until I was a better rider. The older body took a little time to get used to it again.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

macawmatt wrote:She isn't a "new" rider, though its been probably 15+ years since she was last on one as a driver.

I know about buying into what is probably too big for your first bike, honestly did that myself. I am watching her on the ones we looked at in town, wouldn't let her get something bigger then I think she could handle.
Don't agree with buying a 50cc...most folks who buy a second scooter do so because they bought too small the first time.
Save your $$, get it right the first time.
The Forza is a low slung scooter with easy balance. Care needed mostly when moving it in the garage.
Fish
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Dropping a used scooter cost way less than a brand new Forza. My Forza was dropped by the previous owner and that is why I got it cheaply. It all depends on the skill level of the new rider and also their physical size & strength.

I was at a chinese scooter dealer one day and the owner said about 1 in 5 crashed the scooter leaving the dealer lot. That is a scary stat. 49 cc can hurt you.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:Dropping a used scooter cost way less than a brand new Forza. My Forza was dropped by the previous owner and that is why I got it cheaply. It all depends on the skill level of the new rider and also their physical size & strength.

I was at a chinese scooter dealer one day and the owner said about 1 in 5 crashed the scooter leaving the dealer lot. That is a scary stat. 49 cc can hurt you.

I think I would have punched the dealer in the face I've he had said that to me. Wtf is he selling bikes to people to that are injuring themselves in his lot?
pullin_gs
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by pullin_gs »

Pat Anderson wrote:
pullin_gs wrote:
Because 2014 can be had NEW for $2999 in USA if you look around?
I would be very interested to see where you think you can get a new 2014 Forza for $2,999 in the US. Post a link to some dealer with that price. I would believe $4,999 or even $3,999 but not $2,999.

All Forzas are 2014, aren't they? There are no newer ones that I have seen, nor older either. It was obviously a scooter that did not catch on in the US. That doesn't mean it wasn't a decent scooter. I have a 2014 Forza purchased in 2013 (don't ask what I paid) and a 2015 PCX150. i mostly ride the PCX150 but apparently can't afford to sell the Forza...maybe it will become a collectors item, like the Edsel!
Here it is: http://www.trackntrail.net/
Currently listed at $3400. Honda had a deal going ($500 "Honda Bucks") that brought it down to $2900.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

you you wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:Dropping a used scooter cost way less than a brand new Forza. My Forza was dropped by the previous owner and that is why I got it cheaply. It all depends on the skill level of the new rider and also their physical size & strength.

I think I would have punched the dealer in the face I've he had said that to me. Wtf is he selling bikes to people to that are injuring themselves in his lot?
The scooters were cheap but the dealer was not around for very long. You could buy one if you had a car license and money. This was a long time ago.

I got my license in 82 for the motorcycle even though I failed parts of the test. The motor vehicle branch hid a stop sign in a tree at a location where there was no reason to stop. I also failed my car driver's license the first time. I had my dad's old Plymouth. It would not idle. At every stop I had one foot on the brake and one foot lightly on the gas. The gave me demerit points every single time. I passed every thing else.

Most sales people at times know they are selling a potentially dangerous ride to inexperienced people. My sister's first motorcycle was a Screaming Eagle Fat Boy. She rode it a few times and then it got parked in her living room for a number of years. She probably still has it somewhere.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

The dealer isn't responsible for one's competency on two wheels if they're prepared to ride off the lot with zero scooter experience.

I got lucky and found a dealer that let me test ride the PCX on my learners licence with only 35 years of bicycle experience.
That first left turn out the driveway was the make or break for me - I passed. I didn't find the transition to a scooter too hard.
A couple weeks later I got my restricted 660cc licence on a CB125. The figure 8s were hard, but the road test went great.

Anyhow, the dealer took a chance on me, and it didn't cost me his insurance premium. But if your first ride is after purchase, it's all on you.
There's lots of 50cc scooter rentals at the Gold Coast, south of me. I would've done my learning on those if I wasn't granted the test ride.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

The British system is good in the respect that a day's training must be done and passed before you can take a bike out with learner plates. Your restricted to 125cc until either the A2 or full A licence is passed. For that a theory test and 2 riding test mast be done.

Sent from my iPad
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Alibally wrote:The British system is good in the respect that a day's training must be done and passed before you can take a bike out with learner plates. Your restricted to 125cc until either the A2 or full A licence is passed. For that a theory test and 2 riding test mast be done.

Sent from my iPad
BC Canada is now substantially more difficult to get a full motorcycle license than when I got mine back in 1982. It takes years and is so complicated that I would probably not pass it now.

That being said, my motorcycle license never expires, no one has ever asked if I still know how to ride a motorcycle except a couple of police officers, one who let me pay $196.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

The day I bought a Road King, my wife bought a Sportster 1200 as a first bike. Was concerned about that as a first bike for her so got her a Honda Rebel to learn on. She used it for all of two weeks, and then on to the Sportster. (She did have a motorcycle safety course under her belt, though. Recommended for new riders as well as anybody who is returning to the sport after an absence.)
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?