Average age of PCX/Forza owners?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

What age range fits you best?

Under 20
1%
21-30
10%
31-40
20%
41-50
24%
51-60
19%
61-70
21%
Over 71
6%

Total votes: 304

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Average age of PCX/Forza owners?

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow Cool! Yer Still riding....Atta boy! Good to hear. Keep on riding safe ;)
Me? Bike free right now. But, I'm still riding my 3speed Sears bicycle, it's almost as old as moi ;)
Ya got to love Sears, they've kept us connected ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
powpilot
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by powpilot »

Coming up on my 72nd birthday very soon now (though I don't look a day over 65!). Hit 600 miles on the Forza today and completed the first oil change. Got the larger wind screen installed, an Airhawk on the seat ... sweet relief ... and a Givi top box ordered. What a scooter!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

!!! POW !!! 8) Cheers to you too! Keep on keeping on! Airhawk? Smart ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

I'm 52 My Husband 47 We both have a PCX 150. My biological survey says I'm 40.
20140510_142315.jpg
20140510_142315.jpg (169.17 KiB) Viewed 4240 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bump!
This "survey" thread ran off road a bit so I pulled a u-turn to get'er back.
Wanna play?
renlik
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by renlik »

39 I thought I would be one of the oldest until I read this thread! I feel very young now :D
2015 Honda PCX125 RED - UK Spec.

Previous Bikes: 99 Honda CB600F Hornet, 01 Aprilia SL1000 Falco, 01 Honda VFR800FI, 08 Honda CG125 ES7
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

renlik wrote:39 I thought I would be one of the oldest until I read this thread! I feel very young now :D
You are just a young pup compared to some of us old dogs. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Post by wilbur »

Coming up on 53, but I don't look a day over 107.
Image, Image
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

57 but feel like 65. lol
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

logepoge1 wrote:Am I youngest pcx owner on here?
LOL... most likely, this will finish with between 40-60 average age riding scoots. That's ok young blood, pride is the number one killer according to the Bible and you have little. I will meet you at the pearly gates 8)
Sowaka
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Black

Post by Sowaka »

Haha, probably! It's more difficult to get a scooter or motorcycle when you're under 20 and most young people, especially in the US, tend to go for motorcycles rather than scooters. I'm 25 and my PCX150 is my first vehicle.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Sowaka wrote:
Haha, probably! It's more difficult to get a scooter or motorcycle when you're under 20 and most young people, especially in the US, tend to go for motorcycles rather than scooters. I'm 25 and my PCX150 is my first vehicle.
You saw the light early and went for the best - bypassed all that motorbike crazyness :P
Sowaka
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Black

Post by Sowaka »

iceman wrote:
Sowaka wrote:
You saw the light early and went for the best - bypassed all that motorbike crazyness :P
Haha, I love the look of motorcycles and nearly bought the new and gorgeous Honda CB300FA in white... But I just couldn't justify it! It has ABS but that's the only advantage I see in buying the motorcycle over a scooter... Scooters are fantastic, especially the PCX150! It has all the power I could possibly need, amazing fuel economy, convenient storage, combined brakes, it's an automatic AND it's damn cheap! Though now that I have a 2013 PCX I already want to upgrade to a white 2015 model or a Forza... Holy crap I've never wanted anything so bad!
William T
Year: Model 2013
Color: Red 150

Post by William T »

I'm 66 if I remember right. I'm probably going through another childhood, so does that make me younger? :lol: :roll: Having an interest and a good ride knows no age, (sounds good i wonder if its true?)
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

I'm 72 and just bought a 2015 pcx at the end of July. Don't quite have 600 miles on it yet. Its' lots of fun to ride, mostly for short trips to a local store to pick up a small item.
This is my 4th Honda bike, nothing bigger than a 500cc. I haven't ridden in about 20 years, and really enjoy not having to shift gears, and the good acceleration from a stoplight.
In my early 20s, I rode a Cusmann scooter to school, that also had no transmission other than a centrifical clutch, but it took forever to reach 35-40 miles per hour (estimate, it had no speedometer. It also only had a rear brake, which was pretty much ineffective in a fast stop. They have improved things in hat last 48 or so years. :D
Still, watch out for those mothers and dads, trying to get their children to the next event, in their SUVs. They will run over you, before you can blink.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

OldGuy wrote:I'm 72 and just bought a 2015 pcx at the end of July. Don't quite have 600 miles on it yet. Its' lots of fun to ride, mostly for short trips to a local store to pick up a small item.
This is my 4th Honda bike, nothing bigger than a 500cc. I haven't ridden in about 20 years, and really enjoy not having to shift gears, and the good acceleration from a stoplight.
In my early 20s, I rode a Cusmann scooter to school, that also had no transmission other than a centrifical clutch, but it took forever to reach 35-40 miles per hour (estimate, it had no speedometer. It also only had a rear brake, which was pretty much ineffective in a fast stop. They have improved things in hat last 48 or so years. :D
Still, watch out for those mothers and dads, trying to get their children to the next event, in their SUVs. They will run over you, before you can blink.

72. Absolute respect to you.
GlassMan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by GlassMan »

Just turned 51. First bike Ever!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I just turned 68 this month and I have to say that my pcx is the most fun bike I have ever owned! It is nowhere near as fast as the bikes I have owned in the past, even one that had only a single oversized cylinder but could reach 100 mph. I can't remember the brand. I just know that I hated that bike and I was glad when I sold it. My favorites before this pcx were my Harley Sportster and my various Hondas. I don't know how much longer I will be able to ride, so I want to enjoy myself as much as possible on my pcx. I consider it a bonus that my wife likes riding also, and has a pcx just like mine.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by vamootsman »

Will be 46 shortly. Was considering a new motorcycle when my nephew let me ride his 50cc Yamaha scoot. Had a blast! Another buddy was selling his PCX 150 so took it for a spin and had to have it. These things are about perfect.
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

I'll be 40 in a couple weeks, and own 2 2013 PCX's (bought a 2nd one cause it was a steal. My wife has her MC license, but won't ride it). My wake up call was getting a reckless driving ticket for getting caught doing a wheelie on my sportbike 2 1/2 years ago. I had been eyeing these PCX's since they came out, and liked their look and fuel economy. I had bought a used Elite 110 for a steal just before my wheelie ticket. When the PCX150 came out I was drooling...funny, since I've been riding the latest and greatest 1000cc sportbikes. I've always been frugal though and have known that a sportbike that wears out a set of tires in 3-4k miles and costs $350 to replace per set is really hard to justify. In fact, the cost of gas on a 35mpg 1000cc bike is the same as the cost for the tires over the same miles. In other words, you can't look at a bike as getting 35mpg, but rather 17-18mpg after factoring tire cost. So, you really can't save any money by owning one in addition to a car.

Now, a scooter like the PCX, you really can save money with given it's economy. Add to that it's ability to get through traffic here in CA where lane splitting is legal, it just makes sense. I guess I really am getting older. I don't miss the sportbikes, and recently, the bikes I have lusted after are the Honda CB300F and the NCX700 or CTX700. Mostly for their fuel economy. Frankly, the FOrza does nothing for me. I've owned a reflex in the past, and I know the Forza is MUCH better being fuel injected and having a few more cc's, but it's also so much heavier, and that ruins it for me. I'm 150lbs, and in a full tuck can manage to keep up with freeway traffic. I've ridden 60 miles each way on the freeway on my PCX before and it works for me.

I thought my back was going to make me give up riding, but so far, it's holding up for me, and the PCX is plush enough with its suspension (unlike the brutal Honda Elite 110 I had) that I should be able to ride for a long time coming.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face