I couldn't do it

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: I couldn't do it

Post by WhiteNoise »

2yous, no I have not taken a test ride yet. Winter coming fast. May happen, may not.
Am I ready? In the U.S. Dealers swallow you up the moment you step inside their glass palace. I'll want to be ready to tackle them. No thank you. No thank you. Listen I'll flag you when I need you. Later after speaking with them...."Don't call me, I'll call you!" (and, I say it nicely ;)
I'm sure I'll love the Miata. My fear, I'll be very disappointed if I find getting out of it a hardship. What a smack in the face! This: you're just too old. Nooooooooo!!!
No worries, I'll be posting my test ride after the fact.

I do like the looks of "Your" BRZ!! Sexy little thang! And, White!! Yeah I'd take that < Please Keep that in mind :D
Noise? Yep, it's mostly tires 'n road. I wont be buying tires to fix that either. Been there done that. Younger days....sure I would.

Limey....whoa you! Beauty! You owned a Miata... then drove it down sell lane? Oh a Sad Day! That must still hurt. I'm feeling it (and your reason). There's always that vehicle (or more than 1) that we regret turning away. I can mention a few myself. Hey, We're Only Human. Decision making can be Really Hard :( Have you ever considered buying another, old or new?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Who had a Supra back in the day? (Not me)
Here's the COMEBACK KID!
BREATH.
2yous, it's yer BRZ bro:
Toyota 2020 GR Supra
https://www.toyota.com/gr-supra/
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (143.03 KiB) Viewed 513 times
Still driving cars down memory lane. I can't help myself! To the original poster (OP) of this thread/topic - my apology....again. Yer being a good sport. Thank you
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Who had a Supra back in the day? (Not me)
Here's the COMEBACK KID!
BREATH.
2yous, it's yer BRZ bro:
Toyota 2020 GR Supra
https://www.toyota.com/gr-supra/
image.jpeg
Still driving cars down memory lane. I can't help myself! To the original poster (OP) of this thread/topic - my apology....again. Yer being a good sport. Thank you
Never had one either. New one is a bit too much. Cars just seem over styled now. Just too comic book aggressive.

And it’s a bit BMWy

Tempted by the new Jimny a bit
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah, I see...
Here's the 2020 BMW Z4 (M30i or M40i) and 2020 Toyota Supra

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/13/202 ... omparison/
8) Eye Candy! - look under the bigger individual photo's - click away on those thumbnails
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (137.46 KiB) Viewed 490 times
^ That's Not my choice photo ^ by any means, but let's "Hop-in" anyWays :D

Now, let me go find Jimny (as in Cricket?) could be, it goes off road ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi-Jacking this thread totally now. Oh dear. Bad bad Me. Shame shame I feel :oops:

Found! 2020 Suzuki Jimny. Also showing the Black Bison Edition o_O Or, will you be considering
The Jimny Woody Pickup? 8)
Short story: I worked at a Pontiac/Suzuki dealership in the Pontiac Warranty dept.
The Suzuki USA Rep came in one day and took me to lunch (wazz up?) He offered me a higher position. The Catch: I was to stop working for Pontiac and go all-in Suzuki. I couldn't do it. The owner of this dealership was a family Best friend. As it later turned out Suzuki's sales dropped and a divorce occurred. All Pontiac it went. The End

Look at these pics :P They've come a long way Baby!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (127.03 KiB) Viewed 485 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (120.44 KiB) Viewed 485 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (105.75 KiB) Viewed 485 times
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

My brother and I had ones like these during the mid 60's!:
Attachments
Ford Pop.jpg
Ford Pop.jpg (11.14 KiB) Viewed 482 times
minor1000.jpg
minor1000.jpg (9.64 KiB) Viewed 482 times
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: red

Post by CTPCX »

This was my first car, though no where as nice as this one. It was a used Telephone Company vehicle. As basic as you can get with "3 on the tree", cracked windshield, bad front end, and foot pump for washer fluid. Cost = $100.
Attachments
800px-1967_Rambler_American_220_2-door_tan_umfr.jpg
800px-1967_Rambler_American_220_2-door_tan_umfr.jpg (128.57 KiB) Viewed 471 times
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

This was my first car, though no where as nice as this one. It was a used Telephone Company vehicle. As basic as you can get with "3 on the tree", cracked windshield, bad front end, and foot pump for washer fluid. Cost = $100.
I remember those!

Also . . . Bradlees (another store gone by the wayside) used to sell aftermarket DIY windshield washer kits like the one you described. My father put one on a Falcon station wagon.

We've certainly come a long way with standard features and conveniences. :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I never had a small car like the Miata or the other fast ones you folks are discussing, so I guess I have always been too conservative. The first car I purchased when I was 18 or 19 and in the military looked just like the one in the below picture. Back in those days the Mustang had just been introduced, and most of us could not afford one. We had to settle for used cars. There was only one person on the entire base...and possibly the town...who had a 1957 Chevy hardtop. The rest of us could just wish.

This is what my 1956 Ford Crown Vic looked like. Same color too.
3-1.jpg
3-1.jpg (265.73 KiB) Viewed 451 times
Wish I had kept it. Eventually I started buying Mustangs though, so I probably would have sold it to buy one of those. I have had 5 Mustangs in my life. Loved them, until Ford got sloppy in their quality.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers