It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: It's Raining......

Post by WhiteNoise »

That's a nice seashore photo PCX150Rider, bike looks clean and happy! I love riding with overcast skies they're the best. No glare, we can see better and perhaps others can see us better too ???
Next time I'll look out for you across "our" pond :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

That's a nice seashore photo PCX150Rider, bike looks clean and happy! I love riding with overcast skies they're the best. No glare, we can see better and perhaps others can see us better too ???
Next time I'll look out for you across "our" pond :lol:
It just started to rain here within the last half hour. . .a good measure of snow from yesterday still hasn't melted yet. :(

This pic shows Long Island over the horizon. . .. Taken from Cornfield Point in Old Saybrook, CT. It's about the shortest route across the Sound from here. Back in the late 1950's NY had this idea to put a bridge across from NY to CT and the destination was where I'm taking this pic. Less than 10 miles I think. Glad it never happened. It would ruin the view. :roll: :o o_O :geek:
100_4768a.jpg
100_4768a.jpg (279.77 KiB) Viewed 989 times
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Still raining! o_O
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Heeyyyy - that’s a pretty cool looking scooter you got there !
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Heeyyyy - that’s a pretty cool looking scooter you got there !
Thanks. . .!!!

It's a clean machine. :lol:

I'll bet you are getting ready for another round of Winter in PA eh? The Winter that never ends. . .. o_O

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Indeed it is, and it "looks like" it could wiggle itself into lane 1 of that peddlers rack :D

Why did NY decide Not To build a bridge across the narrowest part where your precious stands? Exciting. We Long Islander's need a quicker path to your Lovely Connecticut grounds.
You know, Like a Bridge Over Sound Waters :D
It could still happen....
From Kings Park (L.I.) off the Sunken Meadow to Bridgeport or even Devon Connecticut via tunnel-bridge combo.
Wow, amazing. An emergency escape route :geek:
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Indeed it is, and it "looks like" it could wiggle itself into lane 1 of that peddlers rack :D

Why did NY decide Not To build a bridge across the narrowest part where your precious stands? Exciting. We Long Islander's need a quicker path to your Lovely Connecticut grounds.
From Kings Park (L.I.) off the Sunken Meadow to Bridgeport or even Devon Connecticut via tunnel-bridge combo.
Here's a link to a newspaper article about the bridge that was never built. It goes back to the days of NY Governor Nelson Rockefeller and CT former Governor Ella Grasso when she was acting in another position at the time. :geek:

http://articles.courant.com/2002-05-14/ ... dge-tunnel

Get ready to batten down the hatches. . .gusty wind and rain on the horizon as I type this. :roll:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Snow has All melted!! :P
Today:
Fogs lifting. Thunderstorms. Strong Winds, 30-50mph. High temp 58. Low 30's feeling like mid 20's.

Last nights news, I heard "that Snow word" again. Fri and maybe Saturday. Not much.
Ma Nature, this is Pure Nonsense! It's April 4th. Reset your calendar!
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Holy cow they’re calling 3-5 inches on Saturday here - I’m not joking ! What the ........? I hope it’s a mistake.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

PCX150Rider wrote:

Here's a link to a newspaper article about the bridge that was never built. It goes back to the days of NY Governor Nelson Rockefeller and CT former Governor Ella Grasso when she was acting in another position at the time. :geek:

http://articles.courant.com/2002-05-14/ ... dge-tunnel

Get ready to batten down the hatches. . .gusty wind and rain on the horizon as I type this. :roll:
I think I paid 145.00 to use the Ferry one way from point Judith to Long Island with camper.I wonder what a bridge toll would be.?Long Island is so congested now can one imagine a parking lot from the East End all the way to the city..
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Finally got out for a day ride between rain fronts with my daughter ridding pillion. 439km for the day.
Attachments
China Beach BC Canada
China Beach BC Canada
China Beach 1561x1040.jpg (396.83 KiB) Viewed 928 times
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Finally got out for a day ride between rain fronts with my daughter ridding pillion. 439km for the day.
Great shot by the coast! I see your PCX is upgraded to be more of a touring machine. Nice destination for a ride. No cans, plastic water bottles, empty 6-pack plastic rings, or broken fish nets to be seen anywhere. Places like that seem to be getting more and more scarce. Thanks for sharing. :D
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Snow has All melted!! :P
WN - Here we go again! Wind, rain, coastal flooding, and possible power outages. Gusts may be over 50 MPH. Rain could be 1 to 3 inches. Looking forward to another week of picking up sticks and branches. Good luck on the "Island". :roll: o_O :lol:

This won't be the "Perfect Storm" but certainly nothing to be taken lightly. . .. ;)

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Came here looking for rain/scooter pictures.
It's a fooler - like the Quick Pic page, rarely a photo there. Mostly talking.

Fish
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

MikeP wrote:Finally got out for a day ride between rain fronts with my daughter ridding pillion. 439km for the day.
Welcome back MikeP! Missed your lovely photos :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

fish, sorry if this disappoints you.
This threads title, "It's Raining..." and the other thread you referred to, "Today's Quick Pic" are aimed at having fun. A "what's-up, what's-news" of sorts. Of course pics are welcome! And I see yours now 8)
Love photos, so bring em on!
We're Sharing, is all. Talking too :P

So tell me....How's the weather now? Stop raining?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

PCX150Rider, another one of my favorite movies The Perfect Storm.
Yep, plenty of rain and gusty winds all last evening and this day. Keep picking up the mess then re-apply fertilizer w/pre-emergent weed killer. It's been washed away down the road :x
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Got you covered! Next time I do a rain ride I'll bring the camera. . .the cheap one though. 8)

I was out yesterday for a short errand. I left the house and the roads were wet, puddled, with cloudy skies but it seemed the rain had subsided. Well. . .stupid me. I no longer started on the return trip and it started raining again. The PCX does do a good job of keeping my feet dry though (running stock). :lol:

Here's a pic from a cloudy day a couple of weeks ago. . .. If you look way over to the right you can see WN waving from Long Island. :lol:
100_4767a.jpg
100_4767a.jpg (384.55 KiB) Viewed 833 times
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

PCX150Rider wrote:
Got you covered! Next time I do a rain ride I'll bring the camera. . .the cheap one though. 8)

I was out yesterday for a short errand. I left the house and the roads were wet, puddled, with cloudy skies but it seemed the rain had subsided. Well. . .stupid me. I no longer started on the return trip and it started raining again. The PCX does do a good job of keeping my feet dry though (running stock). :lol:

Here's a pic from a cloudy day a couple of weeks ago. . .. If you look way over to the right you can see WN waving from Long Island. :lol:
100_4767a.jpg
Nice pix...
Have you noticed effects of salt air on your scooter?

Fish
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

WhiteNoise wrote:
MikeP wrote:Finally got out for a day ride between rain fronts with my daughter ridding pillion. 439km for the day.
Welcome back MikeP! Missed your lovely photos :)
Thanks, good to be back. Hope to get more up this summer, have lots of day trips planned. 8)
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!