Minor damage while being serviced

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Minor damage while being serviced

Post by Old Grinner »

So, I didn't have to speak with the owner directly. I was told that the service manager was going to take care of everything. Ray, the service manager, apologized again for what he thought was carelessness on "somebody's" part during my service. It sounded as if they already handled what needed to be handled on their end before he even called me. Long story short, they are going to replace the damaged part. To them, that was the best way to resolve this unfortunate situation. He ended our conversation by telling me he hopes that I will give them another chance and continue to come to their dealership for service.

The part is ordered and they will call me when it arrives for installation. All in all, I'm satisfied with how they handled everything. No arguing or pointing fingers. Just talking it out calmly and coming to a solution.

I'll reserve final judgement until after they install the new part.
Sounds like a plan . . . good on you!

When things go right life is good . . .. :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ta Dah! Today's a Great day :P The Service Mgr handled that perfectly with you. Business etiquette a plus. Everything he said was well put. Let's hear and see what happens next....after the part(s) arrive. The install with pics :D (to be cont).
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
BlakeyD
Year: 2019
Color: Grey

Post by BlakeyD »

This discussion about old folks and their driving abilities reminded me of this memorable post - make sure your sound is on:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cartalk/commen ... h=c58b6042
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Pity the poor service tech - he's bound to be a nervous wreck...safely removing Honda scooter panels is akin to armed Soviet party games.
Fish
Brando
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: Pearl White

Post by Brando »

WhiteNoise wrote:Ta Dah! Today's a Great day :P The Service Mgr handled that perfectly with you. Business etiquette a plus. Everything he said was well put. Let's hear and see what happens next....after the part(s) arrive. The install with pics :D (to be cont).
All done and looking good again. Part came in last week and had it installed this morning while I waited. Good ending; good job by the dealership. Thanks SFMoto!!!

Current Rides: 2018 Honda PCX 150 and 2018 KTM Duke 390
Previous Rides: KTM 690 SMR, Suzuki SV650, '79 Honda CB400 Hawk
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

My brand new '14 PCX (led) was covered in oily fingerprints and had some paint chipped of the front fender (high) when I collected the bike (HGB Honda dealer, Ruislip London). The marks came off but the chipped paint is still there - I never mentioned it as I needed the bike. You did good getting them to admit to the damage as many dealers would argue the marks must have been there when it was brought in.
Brando
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: Pearl White

Post by Brando »

iceman wrote:My brand new '14 PCX (led) was covered in oily fingerprints and had some paint chipped of the front fender (high) when I collected the bike (HGB Honda dealer, Ruislip London). The marks came off but the chipped paint is still there - I never mentioned it as I needed the bike. You did good getting them to admit to the damage as many dealers would argue the marks must have been there when it was brought in.
I'm glad I came forward about it. The guys at the shop were very understanding and took responsibility right away. They could have tried blaming me or argue it was just very minor damage. They did the right thing and for that, they have kept me as a customer. It's just good service!
Current Rides: 2018 Honda PCX 150 and 2018 KTM Duke 390
Previous Rides: KTM 690 SMR, Suzuki SV650, '79 Honda CB400 Hawk