Excited new PCX 125 owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Re: Excited new PCX 125 owner

Post by Limey »

BristolRoversfc wrote:5 days now since operation and now bruises are starting to come out along with quite a few screams of pain from me.lol.
I know its going to take a long time and I feel that it wouldnt be so bad if it wasn't so dam swollen.
Both the hospital and my G.P. agree that Paracetamol and Codeine are the best combination for me.I did ask about Ibufrofen,but consultant said in many cases,Ibufrofen can hinder the recovery of the wound.So its just ice pack which I use about 4-5 times a day(10 minutes per various areas,wrapped in a thin towel.)
One thing I am glad about is,I have dissolvable stitches.
Paracetamol + Codeine tablets are known as Percocet over here. Tha's what I was on for a few weeks. Ibuprofen can act as a blood thinner - not so good when a wound is healing! Do you have a knee bending machine? My Dr prescribed one and it did wonders for me. Been there with the bruises ....and screams!! LOL

I see Rovers still need a few points for safety!
BristolRoversfc
Year: 2018
Color: Grey

Post by BristolRoversfc »

Im taking 2 Aspirins a day to help with the blood thinning but unfortunately,I dont have a leg bending machine.At the moment,im doing the excercises within an hour of taking the painkillers.
I must admit that after only 6 days,I am beginning to see a little improvement so im heading in the right direction.
As for the Rovers.....I think they need a bit of a clear out and get some "fresh blood" in there.A few of them dont seem to be giving 100%.
Florida....I would imagine it must be a fantastic place to live.Weve had 2 lovely holidays there in the past at Disneyworld.
I think it was approx. years 2000 and 2007.
We stayed in hotels on International Drive and most evenings,I would just go out and watch all the huge cars,pick-ups and bikes cruising up and down.

We used to spend one day at the theme parks then the next day just chilling by the pool or jump on the "i-ride"to go shopping at the malls.
Now we have 4 grandchildren,we are hoping ti come over again one day whete im sure they will be amazed.
Think I better keep doing the lottery.ha ha
Bombus terrestis
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by Bombus terrestis »

Hi Br, glad its going well . Just keep doing the excercizes even tho the pain is horrible. The swelling will slowly retreat and you'll get a good range of movement. You need this to get your leg over the scoot. Mines two years now, and brilliant. Enjoy the bike .B