New Guy

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: New Guy

Post by davenowherejones »

davenowherejones wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:OK I passed the Tennessee test so can I ride in Canada?
One elderly gentleman I work with has to take the 80 year old test soon. He should fail.

I decided to try a sample written/computer test for our area in BC, Canada. I got my license at 16, now 59, a lot has changed in 43 years. I failed the test by one question. I will try the test again.
Failed the second time even worse. I will re-read the 200 page motorcycle book now.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

I would like to try this test you speak of. Will share my results if you tell me where to go to try.
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:I would like to try this test you speak of. Will share my results if you tell me where to go to try.
There are several practice tests.

One is at http://practicetest.icbc.com/#/

Like I said before it is more than 40 years since I originally took my drivers test.

I actually failed my car road test because I used both feet to stop. The 1963 Plymouth Belvedere Station wagon would not idle at a stop. I had to slightly rev the motor to keep it running. I got 2 points every time I stopped which caused me to fail the test.

I am pretty sure I would fail a car road test today also. I have way too many bad habits. The new tests require you shoulder check everything. I am old, parts of my body can't turn that way any more. I think there is a list of 16 things you need to do before you are allowed to put your foot on the gas. I can't remember 16 things anymore, too old.

But on a good note, I have 84,468 km on my Honda Forza 300 Maxi-scooter. I rode through the forest fire smoke to have an ICE CREAM in Boston Bar, BC.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Cool. Passed with 80% first try and 84% second time.
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015