New PCX 1 Month use review

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Medicpcx
Year: 2018
Color: Grey

Re: New PCX 1 Month use review

Post by Medicpcx »

Update:
The new PCX has a service indicator (Oil Change) Icon what appears when you pass when you need your next service.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Medicpcx wrote:Update:
The new PCX has a service indicator (Oil Change) Icon what appears when you pass when you need your next service.
That appears :roll:
JustPassinThru
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: white

Post by JustPassinThru »

you you wrote:
Well, consider. Most new PCX buyers (buyers of New PCXs; as opposed to savvy prospects buying used for pennies on the dollar) are new to the world of motorcycling; and many are not mechanically-oriented. Me, I think an icon telling Mary Sue that the oil needs changing, is entirely appropriate. Else she'll run it three years with the same oil it got on the assembly line, and then wonder why it's got that funny hammering knock when she accelerates on the main street.

Because she's spun the rod bearings.

For us, that's easy to ignore, if there's a way to reset it without having a Honda dealer-only tool.
Medicpcx

Post by Medicpcx »

JustPassinThru wrote:
you you wrote:
Well, consider. Most new PCX buyers (buyers of New PCXs; as opposed to savvy prospects buying used for pennies on the dollar) are new to the world of motorcycling; and many are not mechanically-oriented. Me, I think an icon telling Mary Sue that the oil needs changing, is entirely appropriate. Else she'll run it three years with the same oil it got on the assembly line, and then wonder why it's got that funny hammering knock when she accelerates on the main street.

Because she's spun the rod bearings.

For us, that's easy to ignore, if there's a way to reset it without having a Honda dealer-only tool.
The reset is as easy as hold one button whilst turning the key to the on position and holding it for 3 seconds
cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

Post by cnikonpete »

Have you got to 600 miles already? Thanks also for the reset info
Medicpcx

Post by Medicpcx »

cnikonpete wrote:Have you got to 600 miles already? Thanks also for the reset info
Yes will probably get to 700 tomorrow. I do quite a lot of riding as it currently a very busy time for work.