Today

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Re: Today

Post by JohnL »

PCX150Rider wrote:
What happens to the stupid people who venture beyond that point?
Maybe they fall into a stupid pit.???
Unfortunately (or fortunately) stupid people are too stupid to know they're stupid. Something to do with the Darwin Theory :lol: :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Oh, the Darwin Theory. I love that theory! When I was younger i had some friends who challenged it. Worked like it was suppose to. Enough said.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

To All Ye Dad's, Pop's n Pa's "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!"
"YOU" derserve a Break Today.
Enjoy, RIDE!
Raise Your Glass (can, flask, whatever) Afterwards

And to my Dad....Cheers! I'm playing Your Favorite songs.
Miss you everyday
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Thanks WN!

Enjoy yours and the family memories as well. . .know what you mean. :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

....vv....
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (169.49 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by NADman »

WhiteNoise wrote:....vv....
+1
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Amen! It's all about the experience. . .. :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Actually it was yesterday. Riding. My mind elsewhere. That combo can easily = o_O

I was enjoying a peaceful ride though an uninhabited area - a side street going roughly 30+ mph when I decided to adjust my cockeyed right mirror. Should have done that during pre-ride inspct. Naughty me!! Anywho, now I'm crossing my body with my left arm and gloved hand. I fumbled getting a good grip on the mirror. I thought I had budged it. Nothing moved. Arg.

I gave it another go. It moved alright. Too much! Back at it again I grabbed tighter. I'm still rolling merrily along but this time the bike went off kilter, I nearly went down. I had pulled the bars during the process. Duh! I know better :x WHAT A NINCOMPOOP!!
A moment of panic set in. I got a grip on that immediate reaction Fast! I quickly de-panicked (no such word :lol: ) and Straightened myself and WN up with a bit more throttle. That worked. Phew!

But Wait! Now the bike was slowing down...and quickly! :roll: Another moment of intrepidation set in. What the heck! Why am I losing power?
Okay peeps, what was it that caused this madness (besides my moments of stupidity to do this whilst rolling?) Can ya'll guess?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Did you accidentally press the kill switch? I have actually done that before.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

FINALLY!! I was waiting on ya Mel

Yes, it's what I did :oops:
A first ever, so I was full of me realizing the problem as quickly as I did. I Never use the Red (kill) switch to turn the bike off. Just the ignition or side stand. So no muscle memory there.
I'm guessing it was a blast from the past that I banked in mind from my MSF Course.
Amazing, I had been rolling powerless for only seconds when I switched the Red rocker back on. It was as if No interruption took place. I was Powered up and on my way.
Me face went from this o_O to this 8) lickety-split
Phew!

Tell Us - We're Not The Only Ones :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Ah ha. . .the old "Kill Switch" will do the deed every time. At least you weren't left stranded in the middle of a 4-lane intersection. That would cause PTSD for sure. . ..

We've all done stupid things. . .WN - welcome to the club! :D

Have you ever tried the motorcycle clutch lever on-the-go adjustment when you think the cable is starting to stretch from old age? Or tried an acrobatic maneuver to see if your tail light is burned out while it's still daylight? Or got a really bad leg cramp and had to stretch out your leg while on an expressway with 80 MPH traffic crawling your back? Or tried to ride while standing on the seat? Well we will leave out the last one. . .. :lol:

We can survive these things but it does make one wonder what the heck was I thinking. . .or I hope that never happens again. :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I have a switch I installed close to the kill switch, and I have a safety pin through the switch to make sure it is not accidently flipped to the on position. It controls the night time strobe lights.

I was riding one night and decided to turn them on. Try to unfasten a safety pin with one hand while riding. I hit the kill switch over and over. :-/

I finally pulled over to do it...without gloves on. Much easier.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I have not mistakenly hit the kill switch, but to learn from others, from what I read, if the kill switch is pressed while riding and then turned back on, the motor will start again without pressing the start switch? Or does the start switch need to be replaced as well?

Thanks for the input.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

WhiteNoise wrote:FINALLY!! I was waiting on ya Mel

A first ever, so I was full of me realizing the problem as quickly as I did. I Never use the Red (kill) switch to turn the bike off. Just the ignition or side stand. So no muscle memory there.
I'm guessing it was a blast from the past that I banked in mind from my MSF Course.
Amazing, I had been rolling powerless for only seconds when I switched the Red rocker back on. It was as if No interruption took place. I was Powered up and on my way.
Phew!

Did it sound like a gunshot when the first engine spark ignited the built-up fuel in the exhaust system ?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

springer1 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:FINALLY!! I was waiting on ya Mel

Phew!

Did it sound like a gunshot when the first engine spark ignited the built-up fuel in the exhaust system ?
FI tends not to do that. Carbs did :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sorry kram, it all happened so quickly (seconds). Yes, I immediately pressed the start button after setting the kill switch back to its' on position.

springer, you're joking :lol: Nope, no ashcan

Mel, cool idea but does it have to be a Safety Pin? Ouch! Damn things always open when you don't want them too and...they rust. I bet you have other bits n pieces around the shop to prevent triggering :roll:

PCX150Rider, stupid things? Yes. Did you read the thread where I mentioned my first ride? It ended on the beach? A "forgiving" fall
Lordy, I have stuck my crampin' leg out too! This ones truly dumb...Put the brakes on 1/2 way over a very high speedbump (ouu...that was a close one!!) OK, no more confessions. "I have the right to remain silent" :D

Scusa me, stepping away to duct tape a Kill Switch :ugeek: (nooooo....)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I thought of the safety pins one day when I went into a store and came back out to find some kid messing with the switches on my bike while his mother was in la-la land. Luckily I was only in the store for 5 or 6 minutes, but who lets their kid mess with someone's bike when the owner isn't present?!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I thought of the safety pins one day when I went into a store and came back out to find some kid messing with the switches on my bike while his mother was in la-la land. Luckily I was only in the store for 5 or 6 minutes, but who lets their kid mess with someone's bike when the owner isn't present?!
Every cloud has it's silver lining. . .perhaps what you were seeing was the early sign of interest in motorcycles by a child who was captivated by a Moto GP Series on TV or Steve McQueen movie. :D

That said it does kind of remind me of how I feel when my cat pukes on a rug. . .but I can't blame him for having an "off" day. . .it's just the way life is sometimes. ;)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Try to imagine the problems involved if that kid had knocked the bike over.

It was on its center stand, which is somewhat sturdy, but the kid had climbed up onto one side of the bike and was flipping the switches on the other side. He had already flipped the switch on the side he was standing on, so i had my Kawells on when I came out of the store.

We have 6 kids, all grown now, and every one of them was taught to respect other people's property. If you don't own it, ask for permission.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Try to imagine the problems involved if that kid had knocked the bike over.
Oh yes. . .the situation was a "cloud" for sure.

And the parent should have had the child under control or instructed them appropriately.

We all too often see parents who just don't make good judgement and unfortunately their kids and others suffer for it.

I know having raised a couple of children myself that they can get fascinated with things sometimes and the silver lining is that it may spur an interest in a career later on in life or something. I think the term is "youthful exuberance".

That said I wish that laundry detergent that is out there on the market that looks like "candy" to a kid would be taken off the shelves. ;)