Question to the board...

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Question to the board...

Post by PCX150Rider »

I think in some of these cases Mom and Dad didn't spend enough time with Oscar or Olivia while they were growing up. . .figuratively speaking. Kids need to feel that Mom and Dad are there for them. :geek:

Also. . .for people that are mentally challenged. . .they need to have some kind of identifier that flags gun dealers that they are not to be sold any firearms. :geek:

It's an extremely complicated issue. I'm all for people using Kevlar. Who knows. . .maybe it will just become the norm. Sad as it is it may save countless lives. It wouldn't be that unrealistic to see sporting goods manufacturers, or even motorcycle gear manufactures, get into the act and start promoting civilian defense apparel kits (CDAK). 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

...and to all of that I can only say that I hope we are learning how to deal with this problem realistically.

It is easy to jump on the train for each extreme without thinking, and then we will regret it when it turns out to bite us in our butts. Our country's situation is unique because we do not want all of our guns to be outlawed, thanks to a little war we fought in 1776 against a king who did try to take our arms away from us.

At the same time, there are many of us who believe that certain guns should NOT be available to the general public (automatic weapons). We also believe that anyone who is certified to be nuts should NOT be allowed to buy guns OR ammo. To add to that, I personally believe that a teenager is NOT the type of individual to be considered totally responsible at all times. Therefore, they should not be allowed to buy and own guns. That does not mean that they can not use their parent's guns...with their permission and guidance. It should also be the parent's responsibility to keep their guns locked up.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

At the same time, there are many of us who believe that certain guns should NOT be available to the general public (automatic weapons). We also believe that anyone who is certified to be nuts should NOT be allowed to buy guns OR ammo. To add to that, I personally believe that a teenager is NOT the type of individual to be considered totally responsible at all times. Therefore, they should not be allowed to buy and own guns. That does not mean that they can not use their parent's guns...with their permission and guidance. It should also be the parent's responsibility to keep their guns locked up.
I remember growing up that during the Vietnam War one of the beefs of the draftees was that they were old enough to go into the military but not old enough to vote. . ..

Seems like a double standard will have to be initiated if people have to be 21 to buy weapons in the civilian population but it's OK for them to go into the military at 18 and put it all on the line for us.

Although I was in the Service for a while I just missed getting drafted for Vietnam. This song was very popular back then. . ..

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Apathy is traditionally the hope for a party out of power in the midterms. Dems have decided to sacrifice the kids for leverage to take down the NRA. Remember when we put one man with a gun on every airplane and skyjacking was over. I don't even think its a word in the dictionary anymore. It's really quite simple but one party won't hear of it and the divide just got greater than ever as the children are being paraded around by activists like lambs to a slaughter. I was wondering where the heartland would get the great passion that put Trump in office... I give you the NRA. Trump sees it, I see it and all the Dems had to do was stay clear of things like the constitutional freedoms long enough to win a few seats and we would have a lame duck president. This won't sort itself out until after the midterms so until we get a good guy with a gun on campus the bloodbath continues because the NRA is not going anywhere.

Button it up Whitenoise it only goes down hill from here :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

springer1 wrote:getting tired of reading this ...... just sayin ......

X2