Seat hump covers

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Seat hump covers

Post by you you »

xixon wrote:I finally ordered the PCX padded seat cover from Cheeky Seats ($95 USA) ....very friendly company to deal with, I was rather pleased with their customer service.

https://scooterseatcovers.net/index.php ... cts_id=580

I'll post a pic when I receive & install it
Can't see leopard skin...
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

This is the best seat cover and solution to the 2011-13 PCX hump issue we've seen right? AWESOME! Surely you humpers want to get with this guy.

CHEEKY SEATS

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

They don't make a cover that fits the newer PCX models yet but if you own a 2013 or earlier model they are nice people to deal with. I inquired about one for my 2017 and although they don't have them in their product line they got back to me right away and explained the situation about the new seat design from Honda and they are working on a solution. 8)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

PCX150Rider wrote:They don't make a cover that fits the newer PCX models yet but if you own a 2013 or earlier model they are nice people to deal with. I inquired about one for my 2017 and although they don't have them in their product line they got back to me right away and explained the situation about the new seat design from Honda and they are working on a solution. 8)
I would be curious what that situation was. I can't see where there is that much difference with the base between 13 and 15. Be nice if they made one in RED to fit the after 13 model PCX. I do like what I see from Cheeky seats.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I would be curious what that situation was. I can't see where there is that much difference with the base between 13 and 15. Be nice if they made one in RED to fit the after 13 model PCX. I do like what I see from Cheeky seats.
In so many words Cheeky Seats replied to my email that the challenge is the transition from the front seat to the passenger pillion area. :geek:

It's like a bucket seat now when you sit on the post 2013 PCX models even though it looks somewhat flatter since the hump was removed. The OEM seat covering is kind of stretched so that it seems somewhat flat but it conceals the actual seat pan and padding configuration underneath. When you sit on the newer PCX models you can feel the nuances right away.

In my own words I can see their frustration. If they add padding to a seat cover that just fits over the top of the post 2013 OEM seat then there will be a high area to compensate for the bucket seat effect when someone sits on the machine. It may feel better but look not so great IMHO. Then the transition area from the rider to the passenger becomes an issue because ideally one would want it to be somewhat "seamless" but depending upon the riders weight and how much they compress the padding when riding makes a difference on seat height. . .which leads to how well can they touch the ground with their feet. In general, it's a real "head scratcher" to design an over-the-top seat cover for the newer PCX models that checks all the right boxes on the form,fit,function list. Just my opinion. . .. 8)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

PCX150Rider wrote:
In so many words Cheeky Seats replied to my email that the challenge is the transition from the front seat to the passenger pillion area. :geek:

It's like a bucket seat now when you sit on the post 2013 PCX models even though it looks somewhat flatter since the hump was removed. The OEM seat covering is kind of stretched so that it seems somewhat flat but it conceals the actual seat pan and padding configuration underneath. When you sit on the newer PCX models you can feel the nuances right away.

In my own words I can see their frustration. If they add padding to a seat cover that just fits over the top of the post 2013 OEM seat then there will be a high area to compensate for the bucket seat effect when someone sits on the machine. It may feel better but look not so great IMHO. Then the transition area from the rider to the passenger becomes an issue because ideally one would want it to be somewhat "seamless" but depending upon the riders weight and how much they compress the padding when riding makes a difference on seat height. . .which leads to how well can they touch the ground with their feet. In general, it's a real "head scratcher" to design an over-the-top seat cover for the newer PCX models that checks all the right boxes on the form,fit,function list. Just my opinion. . .. 8)
Very nice analysis of the LED PCX seat cover challenges indeed. I've come to appreciate your input on this forum in the short time you've membered. The PCX saddle can't be the only scooter where people are not satisfied with comfort. Like a luxury car we should expect comfort on a US scooter especially given the age group it attracts here. If I were to be charged with fixing the PCX seat/pillion problem for Honda in a US targeted design I would think seriously about a two part saddle like a street bike. It wouldn't be too challenging to separate the seats and still have full luggage access. First you MUST get the driver down to the proper 'one size fits all' distance to ground and comfortable... then seat the passenger any way you can.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Very nice analysis of the LED PCX seat cover challenges indeed. I've come to appreciate your input on this forum in the short time you've membered. The PCX saddle can't be the only scooter where people are not satisfied with comfort. Like a luxury car we should expect comfort on a US scooter especially given the age group it attracts here. If I were to be charged with fixing the PCX seat/pillion problem for Honda in a US targeted design I would think seriously about a two part saddle like a street bike. It wouldn't be too challenging to separate the seats and still have full luggage access. First you MUST get the driver down to the proper 'one size fits all' distance to ground and comfortable... then seat the passenger any way you can.
Thanks. . .. :D

The stock seat is what it is. Room for improvement remains in several areas. Even just straight flat cushy seat. . .nothing fancy built for slightly larger (heavier) riders would add value. As a price point scoot it certainly delivers though. ;)

I finished up watching the Sopwith Documentary last night and while searching for more stuff on YouTube I discovered this recent PCX review. On balance I think it is on par with some of the other PCX reviewers out there on the Web. It also acknowledges that for the price the PCX brings a lot to the table. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqOlD1Jt7_E
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

HA HA! that was the BEST! I invited the brother to join us in comment, lets hope he does 8)

xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black

Post by xixon »

I just received my seat cover from Cheeky Seats today. ......it took longer than anticipated, as I ordered it on June 20th

They were on a road show thus were a bit behind schedule, and then made a mistake on my postal code (zip code) thus delayed it another day, plus there we had a civic holiday on July 1 (Canada Day) which likely delayed it a bit more....anyhow it's here and looking great.

I'll post up some pic's tomorrow when I install it

cheers
xixon
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Good things take time as they say. :lol:
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

IMHO, overall I thought it was an excellent review. He may have been a little generous in his opinion of the ride over rough spots (potholes, speed bumps), and he was spot-on about it being a great urban riding bike at the 5-45 mph (10-70 kmh) range.

Question: I thought the US version still had the post type signal lights. The one in the video looked like they had the integrated ones. Is that newer to the US ones?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

xixon, That's great! I look forward to seeing them! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

Very easy to install, the filling the middle gap/void took more time & effort that attaching the actual seat cover....all in all, I'm pleased as it sure does feel at lot better on the butt and looks good.

Still a few wrinkles but I'm sure they will smooth out as time goes on.

A pic of the inside of the seat-cover....and notice the ugly beer coaster I was using to fill the holes

I used an old sock and some packing foam to fill in the middle gap/void and cover the holes

You can see a few small wrinkles but looking good in my books

PS: the final price was $140 CDN (Canadian) which was including $9.75 for shipping....but Customs did not nail me for GST/PST (federal/provincial taxes)

cheers
xixon
Attachments
P7080045.JPG
P7080045.JPG (155.44 KiB) Viewed 911 times
P7080040.JPG
P7080040.JPG (192.26 KiB) Viewed 911 times
P7080038.JPG
P7080038.JPG (164.68 KiB) Viewed 911 times
P7080034.JPG
P7080034.JPG (174.28 KiB) Viewed 911 times
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

LOoks good. . .the wrinkles are barely noticeable. Give it some time for the vinyl to level out. Do they give you any instructions for treating the vinyl?

Hope they are able to come up with a solution to make covers for the LED PCX models soon! :D
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

PCX150Rider wrote:LOoks good. . .the wrinkles are barely noticeable. Give it some time for the vinyl to level out. Do they give you any instructions for treating the vinyl?

Hope they are able to come up with a solution to make covers for the LED PCX models soon! :D
thanks...I did not receive instructions for treating the faux leather (the fancy marketing name for vinyl) but there was good instructions to install it
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

That LOOKS comfy! It could be argued that an early model PCX saddle with the hump removed and a decent seat cover MIGHT be more comfortable than the newer LED PCX seats.
Just so none of you get any ideas the two bases are not interchangeable... booooooooo Honda
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

xixon wrote:
PCX150Rider wrote:LOoks good. . .the wrinkles are barely noticeable. Give it some time for the vinyl to level out. Do they give you any instructions for treating the vinyl?

thanks...I did not receive instructions for treating the faux leather (the fancy marketing name for vinyl) but there was good instructions to install it
Faux leather isn't necessarily vinyl. There are other materials.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Screams quality to me and I'm gazing at an ipad screen. Wrinkles? I don't see no dang wrinkles!
Shoot! they'll float out anywho from sitting or even from our sun's glorious rays.
I say Congrats, it looks perfect! Happy bum trails to ya 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
djbass
Regular User
Regular User
Year: PCX150, 2015

Post by djbass »

Looks really good. The substrate of the cover does not slip?
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

you you wrote:
xixon wrote:

Faux leather isn't necessarily vinyl. There are other materials.
There are two primary types of faux leather construction: polyurethane (“PU”), and polyvinyl chloride (PVC – “Vinyl”).

Vinyl upholstery is made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and plasticizers (phthalic acid)

PU is made by coating a backing fabric such as cotton, polyester or shredded leather with a flexible polymer and therefore don’t need additional plasticizers.

IMHO.... the Cheeky Seat cover uses the polyurethane (PU) not polyvinyl chloride (PVC)