Honda CB500X

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Duke82
Year: 2016
Color: black

Re: Honda CB500X

Post by Duke82 »

I had a cb500x sold it for my pcx125.
I did 24000miles in 3 years. Installed rally raid stage 3 kit and toured and commuted extensively as well as did dirty muddy wet churned up green laning.
I didnt have a single issue with the bike. I was getting 72.4mpg over than 24000miles.
There is a load of wind buffeting though worse than anny of my 12 other bikes.
Also the lower plastic fairing around the exhaust has a small screw facing the oil pan. Just remove it and cable ties the connection. One guy stabbed his belly pN and oil lrak
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Duke82 wrote:I had a cb500x sold it for my pcx125.
I did 24000miles in 3 years. Installed rally raid stage 3 kit and toured and commuted extensively as well as did dirty muddy wet churned up green laning.
I didnt have a single issue with the bike. I was getting 72.4mpg over than 24000miles.
There is a load of wind buffeting though worse than anny of my 12 other bikes.
Also the lower plastic fairing around the exhaust has a small screw facing the oil pan. Just remove it and cable ties the connection. One guy stabbed his belly pN and oil lrak
So you finally bought the PCX. Hope you'll enjoy it at least as much as the CB.
glorp
Year: 2015
Color: Gray

Post by glorp »

can I be the voice of the dissent? The X is a great bike, for what it is. I view it as a tool that offers little in the way of excitement. I also view the PCX as a tool (although I love mine) I have had both a 2013 and a 2015 X. The first one was bought back by Honda because of a oil leak that later became a recall. (Honda could not supply parts for over two months when it happened)
That being said, if you can only have one bike, I would buy an X again. But since I have the PCX it handles my short and longer commuting needs on roads with posted limits of up to 100kmh. If I was going to do a bit of touring or mild off road, the Vstrom 650 would be my first choice to supplement my scooter. It has a much more entertaining engine and is a class above in build refinement. To add the rally raid kit to the X thinking you will be an offroad demon is a misnomer. Try picking up a 450lb+ bike when its been dropped. The first couple times are fun........
For my needs I have the PCX and a WR250R. Lucky to have a group of buddies and we will pack tents and go exploring on weekends, the bike can handle sustained 130kmh if we want to travel some distance to the trails. If offroad did not interest me I would be taking a serious look at a Yamaha FZ07, or even the upcoming FZ03. Those are bikes I would consider "exciting" to ride.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

I went to a 500X from a 300 Forza. I should have got the X instead of the Forza. It's a far more engaging and enjoyable ride.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Mister Paul wrote:It's a far more engaging and enjoyable ride.
But has shit weather protection, manual gearbox, chain drive, no internal storage and uses more fuel.
Still at least its a "real motorcycle" :roll:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

gn2 wrote:
Mister Paul wrote:It's a far more engaging and enjoyable ride.
But has shit weather protection, manual gearbox, chain drive, no internal storage and uses more fuel.
Still at least its a "real motorcycle" :roll:
I have a Givi screen which deals with the weather protection. And a top box for storage. The gear box is one thing that makes it more engaging and fun.

MPG is significantly better on the X. Most of my riding is over 60mph, where the Forza MPG dives. Long-term MPG on the Forza for me was around 70. With the X it's over 80.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Interesting that the fuel economy at higher speeds is better, added to the bigger tank that might suit me, I could probably go five days between fills rather than three.
The Givi screen won't keep your feet dry though...
Just noticed the previous model is being offered for £5500 with full luggage and a centre stand.
Bit of a bargain, might have to go and have a chat with the dealer....
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

gn2 wrote:Interesting that the fuel economy at higher speeds is better, added to the bigger tank that might suit me, I could probably go five days between fills rather than three.
The Givi screen won't keep your feet dry though...
Just noticed the previous model is being offered for £5500 with full luggage and a centre stand.
Bit of a bargain, might have to go and have a chat with the dealer....
Yes, it is a bargain. I tried to get one of those, but they've all sold down here despite the dealers still advertising them. Ended up with an ex-demo.

Best I've managed on tank so far is 275 miles.