Came off!!!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: update..

Post by iceman »

triaxor wrote:A little update, Insurance assessors just called, the verdict is that my beloved PCX is uneconomical to repair, yep that's right folks, she's been written off :( feeling gutted :(
May have been back on the road in Thailand with the low prices for panels and spares, here the cost quadruples. All rests on the money you get from the insurers and buying a replacement.
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Re: update..

Post by triaxor »

iceman wrote:
triaxor wrote:A little update, Insurance assessors just called, the verdict is that my beloved PCX is uneconomical to repair, yep that's right folks, she's been written off :( feeling gutted :(
May have been back on the road in Thailand with the low prices for panels and spares, here the cost quadruples. All rests on the money you get from the insurers and buying a replacement.
Her frame was also damaged they said, so dunno how it works over there but here it would have to be reregged as a Q plate because of a new frame probably..
Current Bike(s)~ (Casper) 2019 Honda Forza 125
Previous Bikes ~ (Rosie) 2018 Honda CB125R : (Stumpy) 2017 Honda MSX 125 (Grom) : (Ghost) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Lillith) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Gizmo) 2015 Sinnis Apache 125
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Came off!!!

Post by homie »

A broken bone cost more than the whole bike... understandable
You will be getting a check, will you be buying another PCX is the question now.
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

homie wrote:A broken bone cost more than the whole bike... understandable
You will be getting a check, will you be buying another PCX is the question now.
hopefully, have to see what they give me, should be full amount for a brand new machine as mine was virtually showroom fresh.. :(
Previous Bikes ~ (Rosie) 2018 Honda CB125R : (Stumpy) 2017 Honda MSX 125 (Grom) : (Ghost) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Lillith) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Gizmo) 2015 Sinnis Apache 125
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

triaxor wrote:
hopefully, have to see what they give me, should be full amount for a brand new machine as mine was virtually showroom fresh.. :(
Never works out like that ;) but other aspects of a collision can offset nicely but not in this case unfortunately. Now can I ask what happens to the wreck because there are possibilities if you can hang on to it.
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

Waiting on insurance co. to get back to me but I'm sure they'll keep it, I could get it back for a price after they pay up for another 1, unfortunately I just don't have the cash to buy it back as a project.. :(
willie5094
Year: 2015
Color: Siena Red

Post by willie5094 »

Triaxor sorry to hear you came off your beloved PCX, the A816 Lochgilphead to Oban is a bummer of a road even in the best of conditions, personally I have never ridden it on my PCX but I have done in an ambulance so I hope my colleagues treated you well and you are on the road to recovery.
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

willie5094 wrote:Triaxor sorry to hear you came off your beloved PCX, the A816 Lochgilphead to Oban is a bummer of a road even in the best of conditions, personally I have never ridden it on my PCX but I have done in an ambulance so I hope my colleagues treated you well and you are on the road to recovery.
They were great and I should have my cast off in a couple of weeks hopefully :) it was just that one corner that I seriously misjudged, apparently it's fooled a few others too :o here is the Corner here (Follow the white van past the junction) I was doing 50MPH when I noticed it, as you can imagine, I didn't slow down fast enough and came off at around 30 MPH :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

How's the Op doing, RichyP? Are you around Rich...everything okay? We have not heard from you again on this thread since the start :roll: Please clock in, and say hi
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

No wonder you came off, there's a ruddy great van blocking your view of the sharp turn chevrons!
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
willie5094

Post by willie5094 »

Not a nice corner to catch you out you could have ended upon top of the fish farm, its not a corner that catches many out well not any that we are sent to anyway, was it an Oban crew that picked you up, not me as I was in Portugal at the time.
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

willie5094 wrote:Not a nice corner to catch you out you could have ended upon top of the fish farm, its not a corner that catches many out well not any that we are sent to anyway, was it an Oban crew that picked you up, not me as I was in Portugal at the time.
I nearly did as I ended up hanging upside down holding onto a tree on the steep embankment, According to the traffic officer (Andy I believe his name was) a few have been caught out there, and I'm sure it was the Oban crew that got me, took me to Lorn and Islands Hospital A&E.
gn2 wrote:No wonder you came off, there's a ruddy great van blocking your view of the sharp turn chevrons!
Well it was a VW Passat blocking them when I was there :P
willie5094

Post by willie5094 »

Yeh just spoke to my crew mate and he heard that someone had went off there a few weeks back and glad you're on the mand, Andy Barron would have been the cop. Maybe see you up this way sometime as Oban is notorious for 2 wheels particularly in the summer months, hope you manage to get some new wheels.

Cheers the noo.
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

homie wrote:
triaxor wrote:
Never works out like that ;) but other aspects of a collision can offset nicely but not in this case unfortunately. Now can I ask what happens to the wreck because there are possibilities if you can hang on to it.
Insurance company just called, they're authorising a replacement brand new PCX, all I have to pay is the excess and OTR charges, original insurance is being transferred to it too :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Great insurance company sir! Congratulations, the bitter is over and now the sweet.
sweet.jpg
sweet.jpg (9.5 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
Are we certain there is no price you can pay to recover the damaged vehicle? I would push for a second project bike. Once my Honda was stolen years ago and when found it was trashed. I had already recovered from the insurance but the stolen one was mine for the junkyard storage fee. Somewhere your precious is out there in a salvage yard... find her.
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

homie wrote:Great insurance company sir! Congratulations, the bitter is over and now the sweet.
sweet.jpg
Are we certain there is no price you can pay to recover the damaged vehicle? I would push for a second project bike. Once my Honda was stolen years ago and when found it was trashed. I had already recovered from the insurance but the stolen one was mine for the junkyard storage fee. Somewhere your precious is out there in a salvage yard... find her.
I probably can, but unfortunately I don't have the funds to buy it :( but hey it's going well so far :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

triaxor wrote:
homie wrote:Great insurance company sir! Congratulations, the bitter is over and now the sweet.
sweet.jpg
I probably can, but unfortunately I don't have the funds to buy it :( but hey it's going well so far :D
help me! help me! I want to come home, please help me ;)
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

:lol: :lol: LMAO!!
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Just wondering, dont they post "warning curve ahead" with arrow sign over there across the pond.? A wet road and a surprise curve is a recipe for wipeout.The PCX is really squirrelly in wet weather. Just got caught myself and it was no fun using the throttle gingerly.Nerve racking.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If you look at the Google streetview link to Triaxor's crash corner, you'll see the large chevrons which are placed to indicate a sharp turn.
I've ridden that road plenty times, sharp turns shouldn't really be a surprise because there's so many of them.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong