New Owner of a 2015 PCX 150 White

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New Owner of a 2015 PCX 150 White

Post by WhiteNoise »

Go on...click the Amazon link. You'll weaken like us and buy a pair. Just pick your color, and click go. Next pic we'll see will be Your PCX rockin' Maggazi's! 8) Yes!!
:| On a serious note, sorry about your Dad, I lost mine too right after he and my mom built their home in FL. I sold it for her 1 year later. More to the story but not here.

So you own a home in FL too, sweet!
That's the place to "Ride Captain, Ride" ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Alock
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Alock »

One guy that reviewed the Magazi mirrors said when the warmer weather came both mirrors came unglued & fell off. He did mentioned that he glued them & they seem ok now.

One more quick question for all of you. When I look @ the supplied Honda tool bag it only came with this thicker metal wire with some plastic around it. That's it. Should I have received more then that?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Alock wrote:One more quick question for all of you. When I look @ the supplied Honda tool bag it only came with this thicker metal wire with some plastic around it. That's it. Should I have received more then that?
OMG! you WON! that's the prized helmet loop to attach a second skid lid to the PCX .... ALRIGHT MAN! You must learn how to use it in 10 minutes to claim your prize WOOT!

GO!
Attachments
cheer.jpg
cheer.jpg (16.39 KiB) Viewed 629 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Oh I'm truly sorry your time is up... the prize was a lovely screwdriver that sometimes people get with the braided wire loop and plastic protective sleeve.
Attachments
mac.jpg
mac.jpg (6.61 KiB) Viewed 627 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yep, that's all we get inside the 2015 tool bag. A wire coated with vinyl to hang your hat or another on. If you lift your seat up, look to the front, just left of the seats hinge you'll see a hook. That's our secure secret helmet hook. Give it a try ;)
A few years back you'd get some other goodies, but they were the quality of a local bazaar Win :D
quite the junk, but useable. Better to put your own kit together, that's what I did.
Funny how my gathering of tools won't fit in that Honda pouch :lol:
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Buzzer? Times up? Already? :| Give a guy a chance, will ya? Geez.
Okay, whose got a screwdriver to toss in the bag with a tube thingy? Who won the Big Prize?
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Silver

Post by BobS »

Amazon also shows this note about the mirrors:
NOTE : Because of the small dimensions of the mirror glass, this product must only be fitted for racing or show purposes.

This happens to be a valid comment by Amazon because of the size requirements for mirrors in the USA.

For example - in Pennsylvania: http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/c ... 5.148.html
§ 175.148. Mirrors.

(a) Condition of mirrors. Mirrors shall be in safe operating condition as described in § 175.160 (relating to inspection procedure).

(b) Rearview mirrors. A motorcycle shall be equipped with at least one rearview mirror or similar device. If a certificate of exemption for a sun screening device or other material has been issued, rearview mirrors, each with a minimum reflective surface of 12 1/2 square inches for a flat mirror or 10 square inches for a convex mirror, shall be installed on both sides of a motorcycle. A vehicle for which a certificate of exemption has been issued for medical reasons may be equipped with only a left outside rearview mirror, unless originally equipped with an outside rearview mirror on both sides of the vehicle.

(1) A mirror may not be cracked, broken or discolored.

(2) A mirror shall hold adjustment.

(3) A mirror shall provide an unobstructed view of the highway to the rear of the vehicle for a distance of not less than 200 feet.

(4) A mirror shall provide a minimum reflective surface of 12 1/2 square inches for a flat mirror or 10 square inches for a convex mirror.

I don't own Magazi mirrors, and have no idea if they are legal size. Regardless, there is probably little chance of getting stopped by a cop with a tape measure.

As I said - Up to you
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

the amazon "warning"reminds me of my mattress tag warning........it does not matter to me how big they are, I'm not worried about getting a "mirror check", as I said they illuminate the area behind better than bigger mirrors....due to their shape.

But If you are paranoid, run away!

I'm not...
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Alock

Post by Alock »

Quick Update. So I pick-up my Honda (SKU# 08L77-MGS-A50ZA) 35L Top Case. Completely dissatisfied with it. It's cheaply (not really @ $274.95) made IMHO. The lock cylinder doesn't lock (maybe it's defective), No reflective plastic material, Horrible latch system (poorly designed), thinner thickness plastics, no way to upgrade to a back cushion for 2-way riding comfort (not that I do much @ all) The only semi-upside is the glossy black Honda logo & another very small Honda "wings" logo on the very top of the case. I have a 33L OEM Kymco Top Case (matching paint) with my GT300i that puts this to shame & it came with the scooter standard. I've used Shad on my 4 other scooters (best cases for the money)

Called my dealer an hour after I played around with it & told him I wanted to return this ASAP! He barked a little & finally gave in. They ordered me a Shad SH39 (Shad SH37 is discontinued according to Shad), the bracket (#HOPC10ST) & the backrest (#DORI3900) So that's my story.

I did wanted to mention that I shied away from the Magazi's mirrors. Wanted the stay with the larger OEM mirrors & I have a 10mm Riser/Extender back home in Massachusetts that my wife sent down to me (arrived today) Here's an ebay link for the same exact version. Thanks a lot guys for the insight just the same. I'll install them tomorrow morning.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190878856112?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Can anyone help me out on how to posts pictures here? I see the "Insert Image" icon, but it doesn't let me access my hardrive to my pictures files. I would like to post the Honda Top Case.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Attachments
honda pcx.jpg
honda pcx.jpg (50.82 KiB) Viewed 590 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

don't use the [Img] option
just scroll down and click (post reply)

scroll down again:
browse
where ever your image is located
preview
submit

note you have to type at least 10 characters in the text block to post an image or you will be prompted to do so
Alock

Post by Alock »

Here's the pics on the Honda 35L top case. Homie you rock! Had to use Microsoft paint to downsize them to 1920x1080 Thanks for showing me the ropes. Honda should be ashamed of their top case. If it was $100.00 I would say fine.
Attachments
Left PCX150.jpg
Left PCX150.jpg (586.61 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Left Scooter Pic.jpg
Left Scooter Pic.jpg (812.13 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Top Case Rear.jpg
Top Case Rear.jpg (692.05 KiB) Viewed 585 times