New Rider

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New Rider

Post by Cascanciu »

Hi and welcome! . I have enjoyed quite a bit reading your enthusiastic review :D . Yep, the PCX handles like a charm. A Spanish motorbike magazine carried out a "master scooter" test, and guess which one won in the handling contest in the 125 CC category.

Hope you enjoy your time around here.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Found it. It's obviously in Spanish, but living in the US, I guess it won't be too difficult to find a Spanish-speaking person handy if you wanna read the article and can't read Spanish. Nevertheless, the classification is easily understandable. The PCX is second overall after the Burgman 125, and wins in the handling test.

http://www.motociclismo.es/pruebas/scoo ... -125-12254
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:Found it. It's obviously in Spanish, but living in the US, I guess it won't be too difficult to find a Spanish-speaking person handy if you wanna read the article and can't read Spanish. Nevertheless, the classification is easily understandable. The PCX is second overall after the Burgman 125, and wins in the handling test.

Excellent, practice my Spanish by reading about PCXs :D
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

Cascanciu wrote:Found it. It's obviously in Spanish, but living in the US, I guess it won't be too difficult to find a Spanish-speaking person handy if you wanna read the article and can't read Spanish. Nevertheless, the classification is easily understandable. The PCX is second overall after the Burgman 125, and wins in the handling test.

what's the criteria for the measurement category? the smaller the better?
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

Or use Google Translate ;)
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... CEMQ7gEwAA
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

louthepoo wrote:

Nope, there are several, actually. The PCX has been rated by the various testers as the best one as far as handling is concerned. It is not, obviously, in other fields, but it is about handling what we were talking about, wasn't it? ;) .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

uploader wrote:
Or use Google Translate ;)
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... CEMQ7gEwAA

No - itll only show how rubbish I am.....
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

louthepoo wrote:

Louthepoo, I'm quoting you again because I'm afraid something's been lost in translation. "Measurements" is, IMO, a broader term in Spanish than it is in English. There are "measurements", "quality", "handling" and "performance" reviews in this test, and my guess is that this "measurements" things can refer to a few things, including fuel consumption, ergonomics, luggage capacity, etc... As this is a link from the online version of a magazine and I don't have it at hand, I'm sorry to say that I can't answer your previous question as I would like to.

I'll try my best to get the magazine, though, and come back with the results. I'm on sick leave due to a severe lower back pain that's kept me in hospital from Sunday up to this morning, so, unfortunately, I'll have plenty of time to do this. The good news is that I'm home now and there's no more needles for the moment... sore back is bad enough, sore buttocks just make it worse :lol: .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:
louthepoo wrote:

Louthepoo, I'm quoting you again because I'm afraid something's been lost in translation. "Measurements" is, IMO, a broader term in Spanish than it is in English. There are "measurements", "quality", "handling" and "performance" reviews in this test, and my guess is that this "measurements" things can refer to a few things, including fuel consumption, ergonomics, luggage capacity, etc... As this is a link from the online version of a magazine and I don't have it at hand, I'm sorry to say that I can't answer your previous question as I would like to.

I'll try my best to get the magazine, though, and come back with the results. I'm on sick leave due to a severe lower back pain that's kept me in hospital from Sunday up to this morning, so, unfortunately, I'll have plenty of time to do this. The good news is that I'm home now and there's no more needles for the moment... sore back is bad enough, sore buttocks just make it worse :lol: .

Would you see if you can get a UK subscription?
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

A UK subscription for a Spanish magazine, qed?. No disrespect, but... are you kidding? :D .
gail314

Post by gail314 »

You guys crack me the hell up.

Thankfully I read Spanish better than I speak it. Growing up in So. FL will do that to a gal.
My scoots: 2012 Piaggio Typhoon 125

2013 Honda PCX 125
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:A UK subscription for a Spanish magazine, qed?. No disrespect, but... are you kidding? :D .

Why?
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

qed wrote:
Cascanciu wrote:A UK subscription for a Spanish magazine, qed?. No disrespect, but... are you kidding? :D .

Why?
Well, excuse my ignorance, then ;) , but it sounded kind of weird to me that you could subscribe to a Spanish publication via the UK. It's just easier to head to your usual kiosk and order it, they will deliver it within a few days.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Cascanciu wrote:It's just easier to head to your usual kiosk and order it, they will deliver it within a few days.
Only if the kiosk's supplier will supply it.
Chances are they won't which is where the international subscription comes in handy.
It's not at all unusual for UK publications to have overseas subscribers, don't know about Spanish publications.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
Cascanciu wrote:It's just easier to head to your usual kiosk and order it, they will deliver it within a few days.
It's not at all unusual for UK publications to have overseas subscribers, don't know about Spanish publications.

Exactly. When Ive picked up a magazine or two in Spain there doesn't seem to be an obvious subscription page like you get in UK magazines.

Along with the usual free gifts :D
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Right, I now understand what you meant. It sounded a bit strange to me because it's a Spanish publication what we were talking about. As you say, you can subscribe to a UK magazine here. I have a friend who is subscribed to a couple of British motorsports magazines. It works the other way around too, it's possible to subscribe to some Spanish publications and get them sent to you abroad, provided that they offer this service. What I didn't know is that you could subscribe via the UK to a Spanish publication, and that's what I found kind of weird.

Free gifts exist in some magazines here, too. But don't expect much quality out of them :lol: .

Gail314, glad you liked the link. In fact, "scootermania.es" and "motociclismo.es", are two of my favourite motorbike-related web pages. If anyone feels like suggesting good motorbike web pages, with tests and news, feel free. I'd appreciate ;) .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:Right, I now understand what you meant. It sounded a bit strange to me because it's a Spanish publication what we were talking about. As you say, you can subscribe to a UK magazine here. I have a friend who is subscribed to a couple of British motorsports magazines. It works the other way around too, it's possible to subscribe to some Spanish publications and get them sent to you abroad, provided that they offer this service. What I didn't know is that you could subscribe via the UK to a Spanish publication, and that's what I found kind of weird.

Free gifts exist in some magazines here, too. But don't expect much quality out of them :lol: .

Gail314, glad you liked the link. In fact, "scootermania.es" and "motociclismo.es", are two of my favourite motorbike-related web pages. If anyone feels like suggesting good motorbike web pages, with tests and news, feel free. I'd appreciate ;) .

France is the best for motorbike magazines, loads of them.

How about www.twistngo.com to start things off
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Cheers qed! ;) .
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Twist and go is pretty poor, but better than the other UK scooter publication which is full of pimped up Italian scrap metal.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

Its never crossed my mind to get a scooter magazine! So is the best twist and go then?