helmet under seat

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: helmet under seat

Post by Mel46 »

We had problems with our helmets under the seats of our bikes as well. We purchased a Givi box for the back and the helmet fits in it nicely. It is also easier to open and drop it into than under the seat. In the end, we use the under seat storage for everything else and the box for the helmet. If we go grocery shopping we can load up under the seat AND put more inside of the box after we take our helmet out. Storage-a-plenty. Consider that. It will save you from a lot of headaches, especially since I am sure there will be times when you have to carry something that may or may not fit under your seat. Int is also nice that the tail box can be removed easily so that you can use the rack itself for large packages. (Remove it at home or it might be a problem... :-/ )
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Ganoga
Year: 2014
Color: gray

Re: helmet under seat

Post by Ganoga »

My Shoei TZR fits under the seat, but I do have to put pressure on the seat to close it.
Not enough pressure that it worries me though.
It only fits one-way.....will not fit if facing backwards.
I got my seat shaved and the original cover re-attached so I can sit back farther. I've sat on a few PCX's with better seats and I plan to buy or have made a custom seat with a wider, firmer, flatter seat.