rack no drilling

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: rack no drilling

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks Bob! I will order the 2015 metal rack # you listed from Honda directly. Confused no more :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
mannyaguilar
Where - is - my - super - suit?
Where - is - my - super - suit?
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by mannyaguilar »

Guys, both parts are one and the same but with different part numbers. I have the one from Amazon part 08L70-KZY-910 and also had part 08L71-K35-J00 from the Honda dealer (I ended returning one of them, the one from the dealer was taking long so I ordered the one from amazon and got it in 2 days). They both are metal (cast aluminum) and exactly the same. I know it will fit the USA 2013 PCX and the USA PCX 2015. Not sure about other versions. The only difference is that on a 2013 model you will need to drill the holes on the plastic that covers the location of the holes on the scooter. On the 2015 there is a small plastic plate that you remove on the scooter so no drilling is needed.
Currently own: Black Honda PCX150 2015, Red Ural with sidecar 1996, Grey Piaggio MP3 400cc 2009.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Great, you made that Perfectly clear! Thanx manny! :P
I ordered the rack from Amazon today. The part number that ends with 910. I should have it in 2 days. Yey!...And I joined prime :D
Thanks to Bob and Jon too for your input ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
willie5094
Color: Siena Red

Post by willie5094 »

Why in the UK can we not source the rack that you guys can get.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You can, jst go to the Honda dealer with the part number, or save yourself some cash and buy from the net: https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/hon ... p-box.aspx
http://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/ge ... 8L71K35J00
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Got the rear rack today from Amazon. Installed it in 5 minutes! Sooo Easy folks! I'm smitten :D
Thanks again partner's!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Will this Work?
I emailed Shad this morning (after chatting with their online help personnel & got a questionable "No" answer) So, I'm still wondering IF I can use Shad's backrest http://www.shadonline.com/Honda-PCX-150 ... pc14rn.htm in conjunction with the Honda rack I just installed (looks like member's manny and jon's posted earlier here).
What cha think? Will it be possible to have both if I use 2 longer (forward) bolts? Or would the positioning of the backrest be altogether Wrong??
Am I crazy? yeah, I am
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Here's their website's PDF backrest installation: http://www.shad.es/descargas/shad4899.pdf
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

If you look at the position of the topbox in this pic, it looks like the standalone backrest is incompatible with the topbox.
It would prevent it being opened if you could even fit the two of them on.
http://www.shadonline.com/v/vspfiles/ph ... 10ST-2.jpg
But as you see, there is a backrest which mounts directly to the topbox. ;)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks gn2 for your input and photo link :P

At the moment I'm just curious whether or not I can have this Shad backrest along with and installed into my pre-existing Honda rack. If it's possible, using 2 longer front bolts? Also wondering if its' placement will be correct with the seat closed. So hard to figure this out without buying items. Grrrr

I've emailed Shad techs this morn and I'm waiting their reply. Hmm...we'll see if they do :roll:

Yes, I'm also considering a top case (as you've shown) with its' optional back pad. Probably a 33 or 39". I know, they're oversized according to you and Honda :P It's about my helmets fitting and having the (haha, breakable) lock n key. I'm investigating my options now that I have a rack, that's all.

A passenger Backrest mounted in/on the rear rack is a clever idea, I think (shrugs shoulders). Might look like Crap? :lol: it could be.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The Honda topcase and rack are manufactured by Shad.
You could probably fit the backrest and rack together but I doubt you could get a topcase on.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Perfect, both will fit! Just what I needed and Wanted to hear. I have a soft tail bag I can sit behind the backrest on the rack while I re-think (over think :lol: ) the Shad hard top case idea.

BTW, Shad techs did Not get back to me (yet). Pour yerself another cup of tea, tis the weekend after all ;)

That would make for three parts:
The Honda 2013/2014/2015 Rear Rack (model # ending in 910)
The Shad for All PCX Years, Back Rest (model # H0PC14RN)
With my already owned Rapid Transit Soft Tailbag seen here (purchased in 2011 for 2011 PCX)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (11.53 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Update: Hi gn2 and to those interested,
Word came back from a Shad tech (via email). They "think" their backrest will work with my Honda rear rack. And, they are willing to sell me one at a 10% discount to try it. If it doesn't work they will take it back without charging me a re-stocking fee. I have not replied yet. I'm still on the fence about buying a Shad topbox w/a back pad. Well, at least I know my options. If I remember right, the Shad backrest is $89. Less 10% is still a bit of dough.
Nice choices right? Worth it? Maybe. But, I could toss both ideas out because I have a tailbag sitting nicely on my rack now with some lightweight side bags ;)

Testing....1,2,3
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (191.5 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (207.65 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
lakesailor
Color: black

Post by lakesailor »

There is another choice $75 dollar for a bestem t-box 929 thats 47 liters... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O7 ... ge_o00_s00

you also need the honda rear trunk attachment for $35 http://www.amazon.com/Honda-08L70-KZY-9 ... SX3Q610Y6F

A drill, (5) 1/2" nylon spacers, (2) M8-1.25x70mm bolts. You might also need a 25,000 rpm multi-tool if your as bad as measuring hole centers as I am.

There are photos on my amazon review.. http://www.amazon.com/Bestem-T-Box-TBOX ... 5GZNMT8TUT
lakesailor
Color: black

Post by lakesailor »

Mine now looks like.....
Attachments
14391521532830.jpg
14391521532830.jpg (161.49 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
14391521745951.jpg
14391521745951.jpg (109.25 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Post by honkerman »

Unfortunately, the rack I want is only available in Japan.

This is what I want:

I'm getting the Honda trunk base and will use it as a rack, but I'm not 100% happy with it.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

You're not able to order the one from Japan? Where did you see this?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Post by honkerman »

WhiteNoise wrote:You're not able to order the one from Japan? Where did you see this?

It was on the Battlescooter forums.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/h ... t-26281172

I searched for the part number, and even had the Honda dealer here in Lancaster look it up. The only place I find it is on Japanese websites.

It's not cheap either. heh...
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)