SONY Action Cams

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Re: SONY Action Cams

Post by JohnL »

If you want a good heads up on most mini cams, have a look at this site.
http://www.techmoan.com/

This guy is the guru on most mini cams available, and his reviews are the most comprehensive and unbiased.

He also rides a Honda NC700X DCT bike, His review here.
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2012/8/27/ ... cycle.html.

He sounds a lot like James May from Top Gear,(he doesn't think so). :D
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Great web site and I like his review of the Mobius. I posted this before. He tests it on his motorcycle.

They do have a waterproof case now available.
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/7/8/t ... cro-c.html
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Lots of info! I just have to catch up on all this and the links that you've provided. You guys and gals Rock!!

Thanks 2yous for posting your Toshiba. I did find youtubes about it to watch. It's seems very good but was missing a feature I wanted (and now I forgot what it was that your Cam was missing. Sigh).

I'm very interested still in that Sony (as100 the one on sale) but.......
Now I saw that there's a watch like gadget to wear so you can See what the Camera Sees, allowing you to adjust it's view right away (without fussin' so much). Yesterday the salesman (at BestBuy) was doing his pitch on it to me (but, he still didn't know Enough!) Do you think the wrist viewer would be a danger while riding? Might we look at It instead of "where we're going?" You know, by mistake. I don't want to tempt myself by looking at a wrist TV. Perhaps I'm thinking too deep.

I'm really wondering if I should invest in a whole kit with this Camera or buy it naked? Meaning...Will I have to buy a lot of extras afterwards to get me up and running making the naked camera a more costly buy in the end? Ah geez, I don't wanna screw this up and spend wrongfully :roll:
Please, I need Help again.

Oh, and another thing(s) Is everyone still testing out the best mounting position for us to use with cams, or have ya'll established that now? The chin was the newest mounting place that I read here.

To sum up the Choices I've read, they've been: atop the helmet, side of helmet, your chest, wind screen and....
So what's the Verdict?

P.S. By the time I make up my mind, the Sale will be over. Why is it that as you get older, decision making takes longer? :x Right, "Glory Days!"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Chest or side of helmet mounts are best IMO. The top bobs a bit too much. Anything not dampened attached directly to the bike can have sensor waves from HF vibration.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I have my camera mount attached to my full face helmet near the right temple, and I can still flip the visor up without snagging the camera. This means it follows my line of sight, and that makes sense to me. I tried mounting it to the front of the scoot, but half the time I missed the things I wanted to film. I wear the wrist viewer and can easily adjust the camera angle while riding. Without the viewer you are working blind, though the Sony does have an excellent wide angle lens. If you can stretch to it definitely include the wrist viewer in the package.

There is a farm near me running alpacas, and I've got some great footage of the top rail of their fence, taken when i had the camera mounted to the scoot. You live and learn (hopefully). :D
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

I heard those alpacas are great on the BBQ. :P

SECoda/tbln930