Greetings from Slovakia !

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

RusticCharm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Re: Greetings from Slovakia !

Post by RusticCharm »

Welcome. Where do you live in Slovakia? About 15 or 20 years ago we had 4 boys from Kosice stay with us for a few days. They were from a boys soccer team that was playing in the USA Cup, a youth soccer tournament.
Beachboy
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2022
Color: Red

Post by Beachboy »

It's interesting that Honda is still using the 125cc in some markets. Not a lot of difference in power.

You must think you're driving a Cadillac after your old bike.
Life's a beach in Thailand
Max11
Year: 2015

Post by Max11 »

RusticCharm wrote:Welcome. Where do you live in Slovakia? About 15 or 20 years ago we had 4 boys from Kosice stay with us for a few days. They were from a boys soccer team that was playing in the USA Cup, a youth soccer tournament.
I live in Žilina. https://www.google.sk/maps/place/%C5%BD ... 6a0a?hl=sk
Košice city is located in east end of Slovakia. But I'm planning to move to Norway.
RusticCharm wrote:Welcome. Where do you live in Slovakia? About 15 or 20 years ago we had 4 boys from Kosice stay with us for a few days. They were from a boys soccer team that was playing in the USA Cup, a youth soccer tournament.
We have a 125cc boom right now. Some EU states started to legalise the 125cc scooters for owners of standard car driving license. Before you could only drive 50cc mopeds with max. speed of 45km/h. And I'm afraid to get back to the driving school and try to get a driving license for big bikes, because we have really absurd tests and I can lose even the driving license that I already have for a long years. And even If you pass the tests, the policeman attending to the practical tests can expel you even for him having a bad mood. This varies depending to region, but overall, our police feels like they are above law and some even above God :roll:
Max11
Year: 2015

Post by Max11 »

The rattling problem has got worse again. I've experienced a sudden increase in vibrations and noise on the road. I was feeling the vibrations from the saddle and also from the footrest followed by nasty noise, like something in the engine is off axis. I thought that the crankshaft bearing (which I suspect to be the source of rattling) has finally fallen apart. I had nowhere to stop, because I was on a highway so I had to ride for another 2-3 km. But before I managed to stop, the vibrations suddenly stopped and the rattling noise was again as before, but a bit more noticeable.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Max! Lovely photos! Wish I were there instead of peering in me iPad.
Must be terribly disappointing not to be able to Stop the Noise! What a p.i.t.a.

JohnL, no problem. I was just asking. Bush bashing? :( Maybe it was best you didn't post them
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by djcat »

johnnytraveler wrote:Greetings Slovakia, from Vietnam. I love how this bike is so international. Cobbled streets, mountains, I'm so jealous.

I had a nice time in Vietnam and Nha Trang this February :-) Bought a Yamaha Scooter in Saigon, rode to Nha Trang and then took the train to Hanoi. The train ride was somewhat boring but the rides were nice (and at times very manly, facing oncoming 40 ton lorries leaving me to decide between braking or hitting the ditch).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 10.59.10.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 10.59.10.png (570.11 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 10.58.57.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 10.58.57.png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 691 times
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 10.58.45.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 10.58.45.png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 691 times
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by djcat »

Oh yeah, and welcome to our Slovakian! Was only in Bratislava for business and ticket all the boxes for a nice two day trip.